Anyone else hear Rappaport say we have an affinity for Lincoln Riley

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. JG should go become a high school head coach first...No team in their right mind would hire this simpleton...

He'll never be an NFL head coach again. And should never have been one in the first place. But no one else in the league will ever make the same mistake that Jerry Jones did.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its much different when you can stockpile talent with 95 scholarships signing anyone you want instead of basically 7 draft picks each year equally distributed based on previous years results.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Believe me, there isn't a soul reading this that hates the Eagles any more than I do but the very best thing that can happen is for the Cowboys to get completely embarrassed tonight. It would suck, it will piss you off but it's best for this team in the long run.

Basically we need the ole Bismarck Bomber to save us. One way or the other I always knew he would.

Eagles by 30. Garrett gone tommorow, Richard the interim the rest of the season and then we can seriously talk about things like Riley.

Cowboys!
Firing Garrett tomorrow would serve no purpose, as much as I want him gone, but since this season is in the toiley before the halfway mark, I want Jerry to suffer many more lopsided losses before the season's over.........Riley might not be a good fit, he doesn't strike me as being a puppet, which we will have until Jerry takes his last breath.

I did enjoyed seeing Bradshaw and Strahan burn Jerry a little bit.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He'll never be an NFL head coach again. And should never have been one in the first place. But no one else in the league will ever make the same mistake that Jerry Jones did.
It’s hard to say. Only one other HC in Jerry era went on to head coach again with Jimmy except Gailey which took about 10 years at Georgia Tech to give him another shot in Buffalo which might be Garrett’s destiny in NCAA.

Garrett was offered 2 HC positions while OC so I think it’s likely he will get another shot at least as OC if not HC. Maybe even a GM.

It’s really difficult to measure a HC in our dysfunctional situation. But you’re right. He wasn’t qualified to become HC. Probably the least experienced and qualified OC then HC in Cowboy history.

Garretts hiring best example of dysfunctional organization under Jerry.

lukin2006

Reaction score

I would not hire Garrett as a locker room attendant. No Dallas coach in history has ticked me off more than JG. JG has no spine. At least fire the OC, show us you care, show us you feel our 23 years of pain, show us the status quo is not acceptable. He can't do any of those things, because he is not a leader of men. He keeps RM and SL around so he has someone to share the blame with and throw under the bus.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s hard to say. Only one other HC in Jerry era went on to head coach again with Jimmy except Gailey which took about 10 years at Georgia Tech to give him another shot in Buffalo.

Garrett was offered 2 HC positions while OC so I think it’s likely he will get another shot at least as OC if not HC. Maybe even a GM.

You should go and bet money on that.

It’s really difficult to measure a HC in our dysfunctional situation. But you’re right. He wasn’t qualified to become HC. Probably the least experienced and qualified OC then HC in Cowboy history.

It's not hard for me to measure someone gifted the job who should have never had it in the first place.

Everything we had feared at the time Jerry Jones hired him with no qualifications has come to pass.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would not hire Garrett as a locker room attendant. No Dallas coach in history has ticked me off more than JG. JG has no spine. At least fire the OC, show us you care, show us you feel our 23 years of pain, show us the status quo is not acceptable. He can't do any of those things, because he is not a leader of men. He keeps RM and SL around so he has someone to share the blame with and throw under the bus.

Garrett's the guy who got his lunch money stolen as a kid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Firing Garrett tomorrow would serve no purpose, as much as I want him gone, but since this season is in the toiley before the halfway mark, I want Jerry to suffer many more lopsided losses before the season's over.........Riley might not be a good fit, he doesn't strike me as being a puppet, which we will have until Jerry takes his last breath.

I did enjoyed seeing Bradshaw and Strahan burn Jerry a little bit.
I’m trying to understand why Riley would choose Dallas with Dak and Jerry over like Baker in Cleveland?

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Who do I need to root for or wish to embarrass us to get Jerry go away?

Pray for Garret to get fired as you wish, as long as that old yeller sticking around it's Jerry Cowboys

:cool:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You should go and bet money on that.

It's not hard for me to measure someone gifted the job who should have never had it in the first place.

Everything we had feared at the time Jerry Jones hired him with no qualifications has come to pass.
Who’s fault is that ? We really expected Garrett to have more success than he’s had?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who do I need to root for or wish to embarrass us to get Jerry go away?

Pray for Garret to get fired as you wish, as long as that old yeller sticking around it's Jerry Cowboys

:cool:
Maybe a crazed fan wanting to be famous?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think the bigger issue is Riley interested in the NFL?

There’s been several rumbles with interest in him but those around Riley have denied he has any interest.

But he hasn't counted that out either. Maybe the HC job for the Cowboys might do the trick.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
o6CW.gif

TheHerd

Reaction score
Imagine if Riley is interested in the NFL. Where do you think he’d rather go. Cleveland or Dallas ?

Mayfield or Prescottt?

Jerry or no meddling owner ?

But the Star and Dallas, or Cleveland? If by some miracle a coach could succeed and turn this franchise around, that's a life changing experience and a golden ticket for the rest of your life.

I can dream, no?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Its much different when you can stockpile talent with 95 scholarships signing anyone you want instead of basically 7 draft picks each year equally distributed based on previous years results.

Baker Mayfield is the product of Riley. You just have to watch Mayfield play and see what a good coach can do to a QB.