Anyone else warming up to Chase?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I bet if Matt Millen was our GM he would agree with you. No to another premium receiver. Even if Cooper isn't in the team's long-term plans, which we still don't know, we have CeeDee and Gallup moving ahead.

millen was a horrible GM, but the problem isn’t that he kept taking WRs, the problem is he kept taking the wrong ones.

Charles Rogers, immediate bust. Roy Williams, ok ish player, and Mike Williams another immediate bust.

He finally hit on Calvin Johnson 2 years after Mike Williams

kskboys

Reaction score
But that’s the problem K. You know I’d love a nasty DLmen more than anything to add to this team to kick up the run D and pass rush. I don’t think there’s a DE worthy of a top 15 pick and I’m not sure there’s a 1st round DT at all.

CB makes sense but I think Surtain is more of early teens prospect.Love Farley but in the top 10 a little concerned about some injury history.

That leaves us Parsons who could be gone. So again, if Parsons is gone and we can’t move back it’s either add the top talent at WR or reach on a position of higher need.
Once again, we're in a bad position due to previous poor drafting. Drafting wisely is much more than just taking talented players. If we once again take a WR or CB in the 1st, we're simply beyond stupid.

Gawd that Jaylon pick is the bad pick that just keeps on giving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree in that Jerry is one of the biggest problems with this franchise but I’m actually optimistic and think we’re pretty close.

If we sign Dak and just get the O healthy that is an elite group that can hang with anyone. I would keep an eye on OTs in this draft to develop but we’ve seen guys play into their mid 30s at a very high level.

All we need is for the defense to be average...just average. If we can fix the run defense I think we bounce back next year and are one of the better teams in the NFC.
You know we need to fix the run D and you want to take more WR's and CB's? Sorry, C, but this is making no sense.

cowboyec

Reaction score
You know we need to fix the run D and you want to take more WR's and CB's? Sorry, C, but this is making no sense.
i'm all for run D but tell me which DT your taking in the top 5.
and this team is not moving off Jaylon so i seriously doubt they take micah parsons.
you can take the best player in rd1 and STILL fix the run defense.

cnuball21

Reaction score

I sure do, run D is arguably the busiest weakness on the team.

But again, if Parsons is gone and we can’t trade down who you taking? It’s a terrible year for 1st round DTs/LBs so you’re likely picking a fringe first round talent instead of a top 5 talent just for need.

Terrible move IMO.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I sure do, run D is arguably the busiest weakness on the team.

But again, if Parsons is gone and we can’t trade down who you taking? It’s a terrible year for 1st round DTs/LBs so you’re likely picking a fringe first round talent instead of a top 5 talent just for need.

Terrible move IMO.
Who cares if its a reach if the guy can play? Lol were going to draft Chase and have him on the bench smh.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Who cares if its a reach if the guy can play? Lol were going to draft Chase and have him on the bench smh.

If you read through the thread you’ll understand how it works. Chase becomes an immediate top 3 for us and is a day 1 starter that upgrades the WR room.

And your response clearly indicates you value need over talent so there is nothing I can say that will matter at this point.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Lol ok man. Show me a great team that picks bpa blindly. I'll wait
nothing to do with blindly.
this team needs talent.
if surtain or caleb farley are the bpa...you take the corner.
if its rosseau...you take the de.
but if its chase....i'm taking the wr and still address my holes on defense.
show me a successful team that reaches blindly for need.
i'll also wait.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If you read through the thread you’ll understand how it works. Chase becomes an immediate top 3 for us and is a day 1 starter that upgrades the WR room.

And your response clearly indicates you value need over talent so there is nothing I can say that will matter at this point.
I value rational thought. If chase is 5 spots ahead of a defender why in the world would i pick chase?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
nothing to do with blindly.
this team needs talent.
if surtain or caleb farley are the bpa...you take the corner.
if its rosseau...you take the de.
but if its chase....i'm taking the wr and still address my holes on defense.
show me a successful team that reaches blindly for need.
i'll also wait.
Nobody reacjes blindly. They dtraft bpa PLUS need :facepalm:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
because he is the best player.
Not rational nor is it what the best teams do. Did the packers draft bpa? Titans? You can play games and say we dont know what their draft board was but whatever man. We take Chase it'll confirm we are a jv front office

cnuball21

Reaction score
I value rational thought. If chase is 5 spots ahead of a defender why in the world would i pick chase?

I’d disagree, it seems like you obviously prefer drafting need over talent.

That’s perfectly fine, and it’s ok we disagree, but to act like it’s not rational to discuss taking a significantly better player instead of overreaching
for need is foolish.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Not rational nor is it what the best teams do. Did the packers draft bpa? Titans? You can play games and say we dont know what their draft board was but whatever man. We take Chase it'll confirm we are a jv front office
i'll never defend this f/o.....but if sewell is off the board and chase is rated as the #2 or #3 best player....whatever they are won't be because of that pick.
we'll never draft this high again.
we need immediate type impact.
pay Dak....draft smart...build around him.

cowboyec

Reaction score
every team will tell you...whoever they pick...that he "was the guy we really liked through out this process".