Anyone Ever Have Kidney Stones?

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
It's out. I must say, that was excruciating and every bit as awful as I read. The best part, it was over rather quickly, but stings like the dickens afterwards with spasms and stuff. Yikes! Kids, eat healthy.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4995274 said:
Also, the reason for the string, at least according to some, is so that you can take it out at home. That part I'd never think about unless it was meant for that. On the other hand, I wish they'd put you under for this. It's really taking a toll on me--even psychologically now.

The string is also there so you know it's there and don't forget to have it removed.

Some people wake up not knowing that something has been left behind because things weren't explained to them all that well. Some might know it's there but not be aware it's supposed to come out.

I would call your doctor and ask before I went yanking on something like that.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4995341 said:
The string is also there so you know it's there and don't forget to have it removed.

Some people wake up not knowing that something has been left behind because things weren't explained to them all that well. Some might know it's there but not be aware it's supposed to come out.

I would call your doctor and ask before I went yanking on something like that.

No problem. It all seemed like the right thing to do at the time because of the ridiculous amount of pain. As others have vouched, it's no walk in the park. I had it taken out while ago, like an hour or so ago, at the E.R. A simple phone call the the on-call urologist and they confirmed that,indeed, I wasn't mistaken or anything about when the Urologist told me to get it taken out at her office, which was today. And so in comes the student and the Dr.

So, in with the rubber gloves and a tug.

OH MY!!!

Wait a minute, you're pulling out my bladder!

Excuse ME!! Sir!! That hurts!

Oahoahaoahahaooahaaaaaooo! DOCTOR!!

*Holds up the stent

"Ask and ye shall receive."

OUSHOAHAHAOUSHSHAOAHOUAHO OUCH!!

Ouch ooa ouch o ouch ouch ouch ouch!!

:laugh2:

:bang2:
All at once.

Man, just thinking about it is something that will keep my focus more on diet in the future. I need a long term plan to dissolve those things or pass them some way without lithotripsy and a stent. Next time, I'll wonder if the stent is necessary or not and will think hard about if it really is.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
You know, on a side. I can't believe it's legal for them to not sedate you or put you under for that procedure. Can any urologist or confirmed medical dr. comment on why this is? Why don't they put you under general for a kidney stent removal?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4995346 said:
You know, on a side. I can't believe it's legal for them to not sedate you or put you under for that procedure. Can any urologist or confirmed medical dr. comment on why this is? Why don't they put you under general for a kidney stent removal?

Because nurses and doctors need to have a laugh too.

:lmao2:

Anyhoooo. Glad that part is over for you.

And drink lots and lots and lots of water. I hate tap water so I buy cases of Purified water from the store. I always have at least five or six cases at the house and the fridge is always stocked.

If you aren't a water drinker get some MIO to add to it to make it taste better.

By the way, did the 4th year nurse think you were studly when you stood up and announced that the doctors parents weren't married? :D

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4995512 said:
Because nurses and doctors need to have a laugh too.

:lmao2:

I beg your pardon, but this was no laughing matter. This was traumatizing pain. I mean, it was something I'll never forget. I'm not kidding, man, this was the worst physical pain I've felt in terms of sheer pain. I would choose being shot in the shoulder over this pain. Do you think they would shoot you in the shoulder while not under anesthesia? Would you want to? I mean, think about it. The thing has curls at the end of it, so it's not straight. And they pull it out of your johnson. I get the humor part of it, but I'm still trying to see how that's funny! I know, hard to make sense of that. But it's true. :D

Anyhoooo. Glad that part is over for you.

Thank goodness. I'm glad it's over as well.

And drink lots and lots and lots of water. I hate tap water so I buy cases of Purified water from the store. I always have at least five or six cases at the house and the fridge is always stocked.

If you aren't a water drinker get some MIO to add to it to make it taste better.

This is solid advice. I honestly don't drink enough water. That's about to change.

By the way, did the 4th year nurse think you were studly when you stood up and announced that the doctors parents weren't married? :D

What do you mean? Firstly, I think she was a PhD in medicine student--not a nurse. And thankfully, she wasn't in the room. :) I would have felt like a complete weenie then. It's bad enough I panic and have anxiety about the surgical parts and vent here.

Thankfully, I'm doing pretty well. I didn't have the experience with whizzing that you did. Feels a little off, but not painful. I think my kidneys are just now getting back in order, so it's taxing them. I'm really tired. I guess from the kidney infection?

And lastly, I know nothing of the Dr.'s parents! LOL Oh, I should clarify that the med student was a male med student. LOL. He was like, what's this for. The Dr. pulls it how and shows it to him. It's for (Dr. Speak). Yada yada. But yeah, she wasn't in there.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4995933 said:
I beg your pardon, but this was no laughing matter. This was traumatizing pain. I mean, it was something I'll never forget. I'm not kidding, man, this was the worst physical pain I've felt in terms of sheer pain. I would choose being shot in the shoulder over this pain. Do you think they would shoot you in the shoulder while not under anesthesia? Would you want to? I mean, think about it. The thing has curls at the end of it, so it's not straight. And they pull it out of your johnson. I get the humor part of it, but I'm still trying to see how that's funny! I know, hard to make sense of that. But it's true. :D

It's a commiserating laugh because I've been there. But with mine they had to go fishing for it. There was no "Just pull the brass ring" deal.

Thank goodness. I'm glad it's over as well.

This is solid advice. I honestly don't drink enough water. That's about to change.

What do you mean? Firstly, I think she was a PhD in medicine student--not a nurse. And thankfully, she wasn't in the room. :) I would have felt like a complete weenie then. It's bad enough I panic and have anxiety about the surgical parts and vent here.

Thankfully, I'm doing pretty well. I didn't have the experience with whizzing that you did. Feels a little off, but not painful. I think my kidneys are just now getting back in order, so it's taxing them. I'm really tired. I guess from the kidney infection?

Probably since it was a different stent than they used 20 years ago.

And lastly, I know nothing of the Dr.'s parents! LOL Oh, I should clarify that the med student was a male med student. LOL. He was like, what's this for. The Dr. pulls it how and shows it to him. It's for (Dr. Speak). Yada yada. But yeah, she wasn't in there.

Yeah, but I would have announced that his parents weren't married anyway.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4995958 said:
It's a commiserating laugh because I've been there. But with mine they had to go fishing for it. There was no "Just pull the brass ring" deal.

Hey, buddy, I know. You were a help for me, although, leading up to all this, when I needed someone to talk to, your replies were a bit slow via PMs, so I know you didn't want to lie to me and tell me it would be all peachy. I get it. I appreciate the encouragement along the way. It took a lot to bite the bullet and go up there to get it out after I had the choice to do it or not.

And, not sure, but I think I like pull the brass ring better than searching for it up there. It just aint meant to be, man. Aint meant to be. :)

Probably since it was a different stent than they used 20 years ago.

Most likely. That or whatever they used to go up and fish out your stent caused irritation. Either way, I've been through a hellish 10 days. Today was a recovery day. Tomorrow is a %100 because I simply have to be.

Yeah, but I would have announced that his parents weren't married anyway.

I almost did, just for spite. That bastid. LOL

Mike_45

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4995315 said:
LOL. You're here in Austin. I just saw the Dr. Chopp guy. And Dr. Wang. I'm trying to find something, anything, to make me laugh in the midst of this.

Glad you got your stent out and seem to be doing well.

Tell you what, Dr. Wang was a good doctor for my procedure. He isn't the normal doctor that I see, but everyone in that group has helped me out a ton.

I have to start a new diet this coming week. I have been eating awful this past week.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Mike_45;4996374 said:

Tell you what, Dr. Wang was a good doctor for my procedure. He isn't the normal doctor that I see, but everyone in that group has helped me out a ton.

I have to start a new diet this coming week. I have been eating awful this past week.
Chopp, Chopp.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Mike_45;4996374 said:

I take it you did not have the stent?