Anyone see this yet?!?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2301426 said:
That line of thinking just baffles me. So glad he isn't a football coach.
It's a Madden video game world, Hostile, and we're living in it.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2301423 said:
Yes. You were saying that the team lost and thus "gave him permission" to do what he did.

Tell me this. If the team loses again at home (and it may happen eventually, but hopefully not during the playoffs), what else do you feel is acceptable behavior from a player from an opposing team inside another team's stadium? I've asked this question before (not to you, of course), but never really get a straight answer back.

If they put up another pathetic attempt at home like that then yeah. It really sad seeing the way they played like that at home none the less. Then after the lose we get some bull**** lame excuse as to way they couldn't stop the run factor in the little to no factor Tank has been this year he really has no reason to get upset. You're playing with out heart and you can't beat the team and get upset over their celebration. If you want to patrol where they celebrate after the game maybe you shouldn't give them a reason to celebrate.

Hostile;2301426 said:

I would be a great football coach =)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2301436 said:
It's a Madden video game world, Hostile, and we're living in it.

I'm pretty sure your HS football coach would have been happy with a poor performance like that at home and didn't chew in your *** out. The person that is get riled up after the game might as well played the bench the whole because he didn't do anything while in the game.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Hostile;2300954 said:
I don't know who restrained Tank, but that person ought to be pimp slapped.

come on now...they already show'd a lack of brain cells getting infront of the man...no need to do further damage to him

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I miss the old days, when teams win and lose with class. To me, dancing on anybody's midfield logo is completely classless, and winning does not give one the right to do so.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2301490 said:
I don't even own Madden.
Doesn't matter. I want no part of any mentality where you are okay with the other team showing disrespect just because we lost.

None, zero, zip, nada. You might as well be a Commanders fan right now. That's how far down the sludge trail that mentality slides you. Yet you spew it proudly.

Sickening.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2301500 said:
Doesn't matter. I want no part of any mentality where you are okay with the other team showing disrespect just because we lost.

None, zero, zip, nada. You might as well be a Commanders fan right now. That's how far down the sludge trail that mentality slides you. Yet you spew it proudly.

Sickening.

Sickening??? You know whats sickening when our players come out and play like they did and have no heart our emotions. If Cartwright wants to tap dance on the star I could really care less after the way the played. We really have no right to get upset considering the performance we put forth. Where was Tank Johnson's cowboys pride when he Portis was running 6 a pop on us. Don't get it twisted misplaced emotion is so wrong. I don't really care for Tank lames attempt at showing pride in being a cowboy we we couldn't get one 3rd down stop in the second half. It thinks its a joke and you should be upset at Tank also. I want to see something in the games I don't believe his little BS effort after the game.

Everyone on our team knows what to do and say when the cameras are around but get exposed horrible while on the field. Tank Johnson 2 tackles on the year want to protect the start put up a better effort becasue Portis 6 YPC is just ridic.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Either you put up or shut up and no one on our defense has no reason to say anything about anybody. Especially Tank Johnson and his 2 tackles

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2301442 said:
If they put up another pathetic attempt at home like that then yeah. It really sad seeing the way they played like that at home none the less. Then after the lose we get some bull**** lame excuse as to way they couldn't stop the run factor in the little to no factor Tank has been this year he really has no reason to get upset. You're playing with out heart and you can't beat the team and get upset over their celebration. If you want to patrol where they celebrate after the game maybe you shouldn't give them a reason to celebrate.
Avoided the question? Typical.

The run defense was pathetic, but not impossible to fix.

Johnson can gripe about his level of play or the level of play of his teammates. The question is whether he's correct in complaining about how badly he and/or his teammates played. Now, if he has a lick of pride in his body, he should complain about what another team's player does within his stadium.

Question (which I'm sure you'll attempt to avoid also). If Dallas had played excellent run defense in D.C. and won, would you want Johnson to behave in the same manner as Cartwright within FedEx Stadium? Another question. Is that what you preceive as professional behavior befitting the National Football League?

Neither do players have have to 'patrol' their own stadium nor do opposing players have to disrespect another team and/or its fans. It's about making a choice of doing the right or wrong thing. Even though these are adults playing a kids game, it doesn't mean that they are 'authorized' to behave in a fashion unbefitting of the sportsmanlike conduct which is a cornerstone of the game itself.
DaBoys4Life;2301445 said:
I'm pretty sure your HS football coach would have been happy with a poor performance like that at home and didn't chew in your *** out. The person that is get riled up after the game might as well played the bench the whole because he didn't do anything while in the game.
Don't warp the question posed to you.

In answer to your hypothesis, my head coach chewed out his players during the game, during halftime and after the game, mostly following a loss but sometimes when we won. I didn't have a Tony Dungy/Wade Phillips. My head coach was like a Tom Coughlin (who lacked the coaching wisdom). Heck, he chewed us out every practice. Now, that I think about it, he chewed us out for wasting shower water on occasion. But I digress...

So what? When an opponent beat us, a player from that team didn't use that as an excuse to disrespect our stadium after the game. In the nearly 30 years since, I haven't seen that come close to happening. Of course, my old high school team hasn't lost in 47 straight games, so the opportunity never arose in the recent past, but you understand (I guess).

If you're pissed off with how well Johnson played, that's fine. I'm with you. I'm not happy with the whole team's performance Sunday, but you're continually getting off track. It's like a Amtrack train wreck with you on every single reply. Nothing justifies someone disrespecting you simply because you lost to them. However, if you feel that way, you could provide other examples of what is acceptable behavior following a loss.

Don't worry. I know that you'll avoid responding to that again.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don Corleone;2301489 said:
I miss the old days, when teams win and lose with class. To me, dancing on anybody's midfield logo is completely classless, and winning does not give one the right to do so.
I share your opinion, but our opinion is going the way of the dinosaur.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yes, I said sickening and I meant it. Not even going to read the response past that first question.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2301584 said:
Avoided the question? Typical.

The run defense was pathetic, but not impossible to fix.

Johnson can gripe about his level of play or the level of play of his teammates. The question is whether he's correct in complaining about how badly he and/or his teammates played. Now, if he has a lick of pride in his body, he should complain about what another team's player does within his stadium.

Question (which I'm sure you'll attempt to avoid also). If Dallas had played excellent run defense in D.C. and won, would you want Johnson to behave in the same manner as Cartwright within FedEx Stadium? Another question. Is that what you preceive as professional behavior befitting the National Football League?

Neither do players have have to 'patrol' their own stadium nor do opposing players have to disrespect another team and/or its fans. It's about making a choice of doing the right or wrong thing. Even though these are adults playing a kids game, it doesn't mean that they are 'authorized' to behave in a fashion unbefitting of the sportsmanlike conduct which is a cornerstone of the game itself.Don't warp the question posed to you.

In answer to your hypothesis, my head coach chewed out his players during the game, during halftime and after the game, mostly following a loss but sometimes when we won. I didn't have a Tony Dungy/Wade Phillips. My head coach was like a Tom Coughlin (who lacked the coaching wisdom). Heck, he chewed us out every practice. Now, that I think about it, he chewed us out for wasting shower water on occasion. But I digress...

So what? When an opponent beat us, a player from that team didn't use that as an excuse to disrespect our stadium after the game. In the nearly 30 years since, I haven't seen that come close to happening. Of course, my old high school team hasn't lost in 47 straight games, so the opportunity never arose in the recent past, but you understand (I guess).

If you're pissed off with how well Johnson played, that's fine. I'm with you. I'm not happy with the whole team's performance Sunday, but you're continually getting off track. It's like a Amtrack train wreck with you on every single reply. Nothing justifies someone disrespecting you simply because you lost to them. However, if you feel that way, you could provide other examples of what is acceptable behavior following a loss.

Don't worry. I know that you'll avoid responding to that again.

I think the winners can celebrate however they want to because they won. If you don't want them to celebrate on your star then win at home. You even have less credibility to complain when you are casper the friendly ghost on the field. Johnson can behave however he wants to after a win to the victor goes the spoils right? The disrespect already happened when they came into your house and made you their *****.

What questions am I avoiding ???

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;2301426 said:

Yeah because Jimmy Johnson was such a HORRIBLE football coach while having pretty much this exact idea while coaching the Hurricanes. They were notorious for going in and being like this in other people's houses.

It's a very simple fact that if you don't want people coming into your house, disrespecting your place, you don't give them a reason to be able to do so.

Sunday was a big game, for both teams, and when you win a rivalry game it's not shocking, in the least, for teams to want to rub it in.

It happens and the only way to totally avoid it is to not let them come into your building and kick your can.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'd like to note that I don't particularly like it, at all, but just like when TO did it after scoring TDs I can't really get overly upset. If they don't want them doing that sort of thing then they shouldn't let them have reason to be doing it.

It's not cool, or funny, that it happens, but it happens. I wouldn't coach anyone to act that way, personally, but I also wouldn't go into a postgame press conferance, after my team just had their collective cans handed to them, and start complaining about the disrespectful celebrating that the winning team just did.

There are far more important things to be upset about and be worrying about than rather the Skins player(s) decided to take their celebration to far. I'm much more concerned with the pathetic effort against the run than I am with rather or not Rock does or doesn't want to be classy.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2301863 said:
Yeah because Jimmy Johnson was such a HORRIBLE football coach while having pretty much this exact idea while coaching the Hurricanes. They were notorious for going in and being like this in other people's houses.

It's a very simple fact that if you don't want people coming into your house, disrespecting your place, you don't give them a reason to be able to do so.

Sunday was a big game, for both teams, and when you win a rivalry game it's not shocking, in the least, for teams to want to rub it in.

It happens and the only way to totally avoid it is to not let them come into your building and kick your can.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2301888 said:
I'd like to note that I don't particularly like it, at all, but just like when TO did it after scoring TDs I can't really get overly upset. If they don't want them doing that sort of thing then they shouldn't let them have reason to be doing it.

Well, teams are going to score at Texas Stadium and at the new stadium. Does that give the scorer the right to dance on the logo? TO did it before the game was even decided. He would have looked pretty stupid if the Niners would have wound up losing that game in the end.

Again, it is about winning with class and realizing that you can and will face your opponent again. Football is a humbling game, and just because you win one game doesn't mean that the opposing team won't beat you in a rematch (just ask the Giants) so it is better to take your "W" and leave the opposing team's stadium with class.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2301915 said:
Well, teams are going to score at Texas Stadium and at the new stadium. Does that give the scorer the right to dance on the logo? TO did it before the game was even decided. He would have looked pretty stupid if the Niners would have wound up losing that game in the end.

Again, it is about winning with class and realizing that you can and will face your opponent again. Football is a humbling game, and just because you win one game doesn't mean that the opposing team won't beat you in a rematch (just ask the Giants) so it is better to take your "W" and leave the opposing team's stadium with class.

If you say so just remember this isn't the NFL of old.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2301915 said:

Absolutely it's better. Is it reality? No.

Yes TO would have looked very stupid had they lost but guess what? He doesn't have to worry about that cause as 'mad' as they were about that Star dance they didn't stop the Niners from winning.

It doesn't mean it's right, or what I'd want my players doing, but again it is what it is. People simply can't expect everyone to want to be respectful or classy and what not. It's just not going to happen.

Just like the GMen going into their pregame rituals and while on the opposing teams field(s), not necassarily at the center of course but still on their field none the less, doing their "STOMP YOU OUT" thing.

Not much more classy but it sure didn't seem to hinder their Superbowl run. Again that doesn't make it right, or be how I'd act, but that's just something that's going to happen.