Anyone see this yet?!?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2301924 said:
Not much more classy but it sure didn't seem to hinder their Superbowl run. Again that doesn't make it right, or be how I'd act, but that's just something that's going to happen.

If they continue doing that, it only make the bullseye on their backs bigger. As if it isn't big enough already. This isn't the NFL of old where powerhouse teams could show up and lay the smackdown on lesser teams. FWIW, the Bengals almost beat the Giants in their house Sunday before last. You wouldn't see that happening in the NFL of old.

Teams back then wouldn't dare disrespect another team's logo. As an example, if someone did that to the Steelers logo back in the 1970's, wouldn't you think that an insane beast like Jack Lambert would go for the kill?

If it was my house, and Cartwright did that in front of me, it would take an army to pull me off of him.

Perhaps if someone wound up in the hospital over such a stupid gesture, then the whole thing would stop.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2301963 said:
If they continue doing that, it only make the bullseye on their backs bigger. As if it isn't big enough already. This isn't the NFL of old where powerhouse teams could show up and lay the smackdown on lesser teams. FWIW, the Bengals almost beat the Giants in their house Sunday before last. You wouldn't see that happening in the NFL of old.

Teams back then wouldn't dare disrespect another team's logo. As an example, if someone did that to the Steelers logo back in the 1970's, wouldn't you think that an insane beast like Jack Lambert would go for the kill?

If it was my house, and Cartwright did that in front of me, it would take an army to pull me off of him.

Perhaps if someone wound up in the hospital over such a stupid gesture, then the whole thing would stop.

I'm pretty sure the towel boy restrained Tank.

People are different these days. You really can't get mad if you lose at home to your rival.

Also we haven't been able to set up ourselves as dominate while at home.

Like I would do the lambeau leap if I scored in lambeau.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Talk about the most pointless outrage ever

I am sure you guys noticed that Rock is the last line of defense in the Commanders victory formation

I am also sure you noticed that the victory play was around midfield

Rock walks over to the star so his family (which was numerous at the game seeing he is from Kansas) could see him (dude is only 5'7)

Tank is outraged. But hey, athletes do these things (misplace outrage to motivate themselves) and there is another game between our fellas in a few weeks

So if this huffing and puffing over a 3rd string running back standing 5 yards away from where the last play of the game occured works to motivate the team, well good for Tank then I guess

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2301791 said:
I think the winners can celebrate however they want to because they won.
Pretty soon, NFL fans will demand a WWF atmosphere. It obviously has support. :signmast: It's coming.
If you don't want them to celebrate on your star then win at home.
Why? The Cowboys were in existence for 40 years and lost quite a few games during that stretch. Over a hundred (I don't have the exact number) home games were played and some were lost, but not a single player ever considered doing it. Why do you think that was, hmm?
You even have less credibility to complain when you are casper the friendly ghost on the field.
:rolleyes:
Johnson can behave however he wants to after a win to the victor goes the spoils right?
Vince McMahon. He's coming, I tell ya.
The disrespect already happened when they came into your house and made you their *****.
I remember a game...

Years ago...

...where Chicago did much, MUCH more than what you're complaining about.

They shut down the Cowboys in every phase of the game. It was like watching a college team playing a junior high varsity team.

It was beyond humbling. The game was played in ~gasp!~ Texas Stadium; and yet, not one single Bears player even considered doing what you're stating is, "A-OK".

By your logic, the Bears should have carted in a wet bar and served drinks to every Bears fan attending that game. Hey, it was 44-0 and even though you can't get your mind around a lackluster 26-24 effort this week, that aforementioned score wasn't even that close in reality. Still, I remember back to that game and recalled how the Bears celebrated what was a REAL beatdown. Not what you're crying about, mind you. A beatDOWN.

They laughed their you know whats off. They patted themselves on the back. Then...

They left the field.

Crazy, ain't it?

Don't worry about what I just said. You don't get it. It's about respect regardless of who wins. You're not alone. The older that the NFL gets, the less significant that aspect becomes. You have more in common with certain fans that even you may not realize.
What questions am I avoiding ???
Okay. Here's the answer to your question, but I really don't know the point of doing this again...
DallasEast;2301281 said:
Why is this even being discussed? I remember reading many times on the forum that it's okay for a player to disrespect the symbol of an NFL franchise within that team's home stadium. No harm no foul... right?
DallasEast;2301314 said:
Let's not get this confused or twisted. Again: "why is this even being discussed? I remember reading many times on the forum that it's okay for a player to disrespect the symbol of an NFL franchise within that team's home stadium. No harm no foul......right?"
DallasEast;2301383 said:
Who knows? The important thing to remember is that it's not that professional football player's fault for setting a bad example. It's the opposing team's fault for losing the game and thus 'asking' for that player to do exactly what he didn't have to do... right?
DallasEast;2301423 said:
Tell me this. If the team loses again at home (and it may happen eventually, but hopefully not during the playoffs), what else do you feel is acceptable behavior from a player from an opposing team inside another team's stadium?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2301975 said:
People are different these days. You really can't get mad if you lose at home to your rival.
I've read this thought ten times. My reaction's still the same. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I said they could celebrate how they wanted is there anymore of an answer you want?

Why is this being discussed ask the person who made the thread?

I remember a game...

Years ago...

...where Chicago did much, MUCH more than what you're complaining about.

They shut down the Cowboys in every phase of the game. It was like watching a college team playing a junior high varsity team.

It was beyond humbling. The game was played in ~gasp!~ Texas Stadium; and yet, not one single Bears player even considered doing what you're stating is, "A-OK".

By your logic, the Bears should have carted in a wet bar and served drinks to every Bears fan attending that game. Hey, it was 44-0 and even though you can't get your mind around a lackluster 26-24 effort this week, that aforementioned score wasn't even that close in reality. Still, I remember back to that game and recalled how the Bears celebrated what was a REAL beatdown. Not what you're crying about, mind you. A beatDOWN.

Years ago and now is a big difference. Don't you think? I never seen a WR do the river dance for a TD celebration until Chad did it. So what you want but its a different league than what you grew up on.
They laughed their you know whats off. They patted themselves on the back. Then...

They left the field.

Crazy, ain't it?

Apparently Rock Cartwright wanted to rub it in and he has every right to after they came in and demolished us at home. If he didn't do then o well.

Don't worry about what I just said. You don't get it. It's about respect regardless of who wins. You're not alone. The older that the NFL gets, the less significant that aspect becomes. You have more in common with certain fans that even you may not realize.

Times are changing get used to it or stop watching football. You must have hated Joe Horn's TD celebration.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score

dude....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsHokieFan;2302002 said:
Talk about the most pointless outrage ever

I am sure you guys noticed that Rock is the last line of defense in the Commanders victory formation

I am also sure you noticed that the victory play was around midfield

Rock walks over to the star so his family (which was numerous at the game seeing he is from Kansas) could see him (dude is only 5'7)

Tank is outraged. But hey, athletes do these things (misplace outrage to motivate themselves) and there is another game between our fellas in a few weeks

So if this huffing and puffing over a 3rd string running back standing 5 yards away from where the last play of the game occured works to motivate the team, well good for Tank then I guess
If I didn't have any class, I would hope that, after Dallas beats Washington at FedEx field, someone in a Cowboys uniform would go to midfield and vomit. No harm. No foul.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2302009 said:
I've read this thought ten times. My reaction's still the same. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

You're taking that out of context but what ever.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
DallasEast;2302019 said:
If I didn't have any class, I would hope that, after Dallas beats Washington at FedEx field, someone in a Cowboys uniform would go to midfield and vomit. No harm. No foul.

So be it. I am just saying the way Tank is talking is as if though Rock was doing the "soulja boy" dance on the star naked, and then wiping mud off his shoes on it ala Rick James in the Dave Chapelle skit

When in fact he stood over there because its the most visible spot on the field so his family could see his midget *** for one time that day (since he didn't do much in kickoffs)

Again, no surprise though. Athletes do it all the time to get themselves motivated, take the smallest "slight" against them and blow it up bigger to get themselves pumped up for next time

Jordan was a master at it. Tank ain't no Michael Jordan, so I am not really worried

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2301863 said:
Yeah because Jimmy Johnson was such a HORRIBLE football coach while having pretty much this exact idea while coaching the Hurricanes. They were notorious for going in and being like this in other people's houses.

It's a very simple fact that if you don't want people coming into your house, disrespecting your place, you don't give them a reason to be able to do so.

Sunday was a big game, for both teams, and when you win a rivalry game it's not shocking, in the least, for teams to want to rub it in.

It happens and the only way to totally avoid it is to not let them come into your building and kick your can.
Let me explain it in plain English.

I don't like bush league stunts and teams or players showing disrespect to the game or to an opponent.

Did you see me excusing Jimmy's Miami Hurricanes teams from this? No, you didn't because I never have.

I am someone who loves this game passionately. It is the first thing I ever loved. Anyone, and I really do mean anyone who disrespects the game, or an opponent bugs the hell out of me.

Have you ever seen me call Michael Irvin one of my favorite players? No, you haven't. Do you know why? Because he isn't. I totally respect his ability and his drive on the football field, his leadership is undeniable. But I do not like his showboating and I feel that disrespects his opponents and the game.

There is such a thing as class. If someone exhibits it, I respect that. The idea that another team is allowed to show disrespect just because they won is something I find revolting. I described it earlier as sickening. I meant every word.

Now you can ask me why I'd be okay with Tank Johnson removing some of Rock Cartwright's cavities and if that is showing respect to him or the Commanders. That would be fair.

No, it's called teaching respect. I am a firm believer in that principle. If we have a player doing that and he gets a set of fold back teeth, in my opinion he earned it. No different that Cartwright. If I were the coach of the Commanders Rock would be in my doghouse just like Owens was in Mariucci's doghouse when he did his BS.

I will never condone disrespect. That is why I do not like TD celebrations. They go too far any more. Act like you've been there. Show some class.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2302017 said:
I said they could celebrate how they wanted is there anymore of an answer you want?
Do you want a definition of the word "example"? The plural version will net you bonus points.
Why is this being discussed ask the person who made the thread?
You're the one that replied to me when I posed the question, but never answered it. If you don't want to answer it, don't, but spare me the dodgeball routine.
Years ago and now is a big difference. Don't you think? I never seen a WR do the river dance for a TD celebration until Chad did it. So what you want but its a different league than what you grew up on.
Some people wouldn't understand the difference between the definitions of celebrating and disrepect if it bit them in the... well... you know what.
Apparently Rock Cartwright wanted to rub it in and he has every right to after they came in and demolished us at home. If he didn't do then o well.
WWF. It's right around the corner.
Times are changing get used to it or stop watching football. You must have hated Joe Horn's TD celebration.
Times are changing and nothing's going to stop me from watching. And if you ever dug into the forum archives, yes, I didn't enjoy Horn's cellphone/broadway play either, but that's not the same thing, is it?

Oh. Forgot. Forget I asked.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsHokieFan;2302025 said:
So be it. I am just saying the way Tank is talking is as if though Rock was doing the "soulja boy" dance on the star naked, and then wiping mud off his shoes on it ala Rick James in the Dave Chapelle skit

When in fact he stood over there because its the most visible spot on the field so his family could see his midget *** for one time that day (since he didn't do much in kickoffs)

Again, no surprise though. Athletes do it all the time to get themselves motivated, take the smallest "slight" against them and blow it up bigger to get themselves pumped up for next time

Jordan was a master at it. Tank ain't no Michael Jordan, so I am not really worried
With respect, you do realize that you're going on and on about Cartwright's size... calling him a 'midget'...

If he's so damn you know what small, how the hell is he playing pro football??????????????????????????????

******!!! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
DallasEast;2302044 said:
With respect, you do realize that you're going on and on about Cartwright's size... calling him a 'midget'...

If he's so damn you know what small, how the hell is he playing pro football??????????????????????????????

******!!! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Rock is tough. Tough as nails

Another thing is he isn't is stupid. So when I hear what happened, and from other sources, I know why he was on the star. So he could be seen by his family, which is from Kansas, because they probably couldn't see him all day (because of his small nature)

Again, Tank took this as disrespect which is no surprise to me. But I'd figure more Cowboy players would take it as a sign of disrespect if it truly was

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2302035 said:
Let me explain it in plain English.

I don't like bush league stunts and teams or players showing disrespect to the game or to an opponent.

Did you see me excusing Jimmy's Miami Hurricanes teams from this? No, you didn't because I never have.

I am someone who loves this game passionately. It is the first thing I ever loved. Anyone, and I really do mean anyone who disrespects the game, or an opponent bugs the hell out of me.

Have you ever seen me call Michael Irvin one of my favorite players? No, you haven't. Do you know why? Because he isn't. I totally respect his ability and his drive on the football field, his leadership is undeniable. But I do not like his showboating and I feel that disrespects his opponents and the game.

There is such a thing as class. If someone exhibits it, I respect that. The idea that another team is allowed to show disrespect just because they won is something I find revolting. I described it earlier as sickening. I meant every word.

Now you can ask me why I'd be okay with Tank Johnson removing some of Rock Cartwright's cavities and if that is showing respect to him or the Commanders. That would be fair.

No, it's called teaching respect. I am a firm believer in that principle. If we have a player doing that and he gets a set of fold back teeth, in my opinion he earned it. No different that Cartwright. If I were the coach of the Commanders Rock would be in my doghouse just like Owens was in Mariucci's doghouse when he did his BS.

I will never condone disrespect. That is why I do not like TD celebrations. They go too far any more. Act like you've been there. Show some class.

TV killed the radio star.

DallasEast;2302040 said:
Do you want a definition of the word "example"? The plural version will net you bonus points.You're the one that replied to me when I posed the question, but never answered it. If you don't want to answer it, don't, but spare me the dodgeball routine.Some people wouldn't understand the difference between the definitions of celebrating and disrepect if it bit them in the... well... you know what.WWF. It's right around the corner.Times are changing and nothing's going to stop me from watching. And if you ever dug into the forum archives, yes, I didn't enjoy Horn's cellphone/broadway play either, but that's not the same thing, is it?

Oh. Forgot. Forget I asked.

No its not but it's rather disrespectful also ?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2302064 said:
TV killed the radio star.
Are you asking me about the Patriots or Points After Touchdowns? I have no idea what in the hell either has to do with what I wrote, but I'm dying to know.

Edit...Nevermind, you edited that part out.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2302072 said:
Are you asking me about the Patriots or Points After Touchdowns? I have no idea what in the hell either has to do with what I wrote, but I'm dying to know.

Going for it on 4th down and not kneeling and in the 4th quarter while already up by 30 points and such.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2302020 said:
You're taking that out of context but what ever.
Here's your complete comment:
I'm pretty sure the towel boy restrained Tank.

Also we haven't been able to set up ourselves as dominate while at home.

Like I would do the lambeau leap if I scored in lambeau.
You want to indicate how the excerpt was taken out-of-context?

Maybe explain how the rest of your comment changes the meaning or intent of what I excerpted?

Perhaps you would like to know what the term "taken out-of-context" really means???

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2302080 said:
Here's your complete comment:
You want to indicate how the excerpt was taken out-of-context?

Maybe explain how the rest of your comment changes the meaning or intent of what I excerpted?

Perhaps you would like to know what the term "taken out-of-context" really means???

Well if you were considering how I was talking about the TD celebration the whole and saying when you lose you have no right to comment on how the winner celebrates and to the victor goes the spoils. I just figured that since I said that in almost all my other post I would need to restate that point.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2302076 said:
Going for it on 4th down and not kneeling and in the 4th quarter while already up by 30 points and such.
Okay, so you were asking about the Patriots.

I didn't condone it then. I don't now. I also don't know what that has to do with Tank Johnson and Rock Cartwright, but in truth I no longer really want to know.

I made it very clear that I hate disrespect for the game and for opponents. I would think asking subsequent questions about every possible scenario of potential disrespect is pointless.