Twitter: Archer: Cowboys have sent a new proposal Dak's agent

ondaedg

Reaction score
Ego. If Wentz got 50 mill, Dak’s agent would push for 50 mill and 50 cents!

No-one has any insight into anyone's motivations especially Dak. The agents are supposed to maximize his contract to the fullest just like an accountant is supposed to minimize their client's tax liability.

Londonboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
IF it was offered. Once again last I saw that was a rumor.

Based on what? Intuition?

Simple. See what his peers got and that's a start You need Byron Jones to hit the market to know what he will get or a ball park?

Facts. Imagine if he had a real coach. Would've probably had a top 3 season. He surely wouldn't' have lost that Vikings game.

Kind of the point right? All of this is rumor so you saying one thing or another to support Dak's position and saying one thing or another to undermind the teams position is not reasonable. That's the point.

The whole intuition statement, ask yourself that same question anytime you post a Pro Dak statement around this discussion because you can apply all of the same statements to Dak and his agent, just as easily. That's the point.

No, nobody knows what Byron Jones will get in FA. Next question.

What if he had a real Coach? We don't know what the outcome of that might be. A real Coach, who would that be? Would that be somebody like Bill Parcells? Lets say it would be, we don't know what another Coach might have decided to do. We don't know that they would have started a rookie at all. We don't know a great many things and the results of second guessing could go in any direction so this entire scenario where a "Real Coach" would have made the situation better is complete supposition.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I’m fuzzy lumpkin jacked! Love ya @Corso I’ need t9go night night. Thamkks man, we ,ay diagree but its a
ways good fin fun. F roper grammer, I’m going to sleep
Ha ha ha! See? Good people.

erod

Reaction score
There’s that Eeyore Erod I remember! Wanna wager? I say we improve on that 8-8! Name your terms!
We've got to wait and see what the roster looks like, but if you project logically, it won't be as good as last year.

The offense will be basically the same. And don't kid yourself, the play calling will look a lot like last year. It's about red zone and converting 3rd and long, which this team just can't do.

The defense looks to be weaker as they stupidly seem OK with letting Byron Jones walk. Vander Esch looks like he might be done. Jaylon is below average. Quinn and Collins might be out of here.

And now we're about to pay a middling QB like he's Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers.

This is just not a championship team. They need to rebuild.

ESisback

Reaction score
No-one has any insight into anyone's motivations especially Dak. The agents are supposed to maximize his contract to the fullest just like an accountant is supposed to minimize their client's tax liability.

Of course you’re right, but this is more than black and white business facts. While no one knows what someone’s true intentions are, people are going to speculate no matter what, but the percentages favor the most likely scenarios.

While the agent’s primary function favors negotiating the best financial compensation possible, I submit that the overall happiness of the client is/should be the number one priority. Speaking for myself and A LOT of people I know, I’d be happiest making 30 million plus 10 in endorsements on a consistent contender. That to me is happier than 35 million, plus 5 million in endorsements on a consistent loser.

ESisback

Reaction score
We've got to wait and see what the roster looks like, but if you project logically, it won't be as good as last year.

The offense will be basically the same. And don't kid yourself, the play calling will look a lot like last year. It's about red zone and converting 3rd and long, which this team just can't do.

The defense looks to be weaker as they stupidly seem OK with letting Byron Jones walk. Vander Esch looks like he might be done. Jaylon is below average. Quinn and Collins might be out of here.

And now we're about to pay a middling QB like he's Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers.

They ARE rebuilding! A new HC will make a huge difference. While the offense SHOULD be similar, the RZ playcalling should be improved. The ST should be improved as well. On defense, we haven’t lost Quinn yet, but if we do, it should be noted that he sucked against the run. I expect more from guys like Armstrong, Jelks and Jackson, and we might even get Gregory back. I also expect them to get two new DTs—one from the draft and one from free agency. LVE is NOT done, and Smith simply had a down year. In the secondary, while losing Byron Jones isn’t good, I still see a better group. Awuzie, Lewis, Woods, Frazier, Heath, Brown and Olumba, plus 1 or 2 draft picks and a cheaper FA vet should round out a nice rotation.

I agree that it’s too early to make any real predictions—draft and FA awaits—but I’m intrigued by the possibilities. Right now it appears I’m “glass half full”, and you’re “glass half empty”, that’s all!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I wish Jerruh would just get it over with and make Duk the highest paid player in NFL history because you know that what's gonna happen. That way he can either show us he was worth it or we can bash the hell out of him everytime Dallas comes up short or just plain stinks it up.

Short of the team winning multiple Super Bowls where he plays like Superman, I don't think there's any way he can show a lot of fans that he's worth $30 million-plus per year. Truth is, he isn't ... but neither is any football player. Them's the going rates though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Kind of the point right? All of this is rumor so you saying one thing or another to support Dak's position and saying one thing or another to undermind the teams position is not reasonable. That's the point.

The whole intuition statement, ask yourself that same question anytime you post a Pro Dak statement around this discussion because you can apply all of the same statements to Dak and his agent, just as easily. That's the point.

No, nobody knows what Byron Jones will get in FA. Next question.

What if he had a real Coach? We don't know what the outcome of that might be. A real Coach, who would that be? Would that be somebody like Bill Parcells? Lets say it would be, we don't know what another Coach might have decided to do. We don't know that they would have started a rookie at all. We don't know a great many things and the results of second guessing could go in any direction so this entire scenario where a "Real Coach" would have made the situation better is complete supposition.
You can say the same thing about Daks camp. I’ve said it numerous times in here.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You can say the same thing about Daks camp. I’ve said it numerous times in here.

I haven't seen that. But yeah, you can. Truth be told, I personally trust what Jerry is saying in this more then Dak. We have a track record with all parties involved. We know a little about all of them, we just don't know the details of the contract.

ESisback

Reaction score

Byron Jones is a super fast, maximum effort, freak athlete, but he’s not a ballhawk, and it appears that’s what the Cowboys want.

While I agree that overpaying a QB that’s not (yet) elite is not a good thing, because cap issues could prevent paying for a decent support system, there are two things: 1)The market dictates something north of 33, and 2)lesser QBs have rings.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I haven't seen that. But yeah, you can. Truth be told, I personally trust what Jerry is saying in this more then Dak. We have a track record with all parties involved. We know a little about all of them, we just don't know the details of the contract.
Well that’s where I differ. I’m not going to believe either party over the other. I’d never trust a football owner over personnel. It’s a cut throat league. I expect them to be just cut throat.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well that’s where I differ. I’m not going to believe either party over the other. I’d never trust a football owner over personnel. It’s a cut throat league. I expect them to be just cut throat.

I go off what I've seen and not off what I want to believe because I have a distrust in management etc. Jerry has proven over and over that he is too generous about QBs. France has proven that he is a cut throat agent and all we have to do is look at how he's conducted his past negotiations, which are a matter of record. Dak, well, we don't have much in the way of history but we do have one thing. We know that Dak fired his former agent and replaced him with the most cut throat agent in the business. What does that tell us? I'm not painting this picture. This picture is already completed. I'm just pointing out the facts that we know.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Garrett's incompetence will continue with the quarterback he chose, who never had to earn his spot, and who shares the same lack of leadership ability as him.
Dak needs to be gone.

We can all argue about how good Dak is, until the cows come home. But didn’t earn his spot? He was a 4th round pick who was thrust into the starting spot due to injury and played so well that the team decided to move on from its highly paid QB who was in his own right a very very good QB for years.

Dak “earned” his spot as much as any other QB in the NFL does.

Also, lacks leadership? That’s the one aspect about Dak that basically everyone universally agreed is a strength of his. Even most of those who think he isn’t that good of a QB, will say he has strong leadership skills. I have never heard anyone who is close to the team or involved in the organization question his leadership once.

This is just sensationalist drivel on your part.

erod

Reaction score
They ARE rebuilding! A new HC will make a huge difference. While the offense SHOULD be similar, the RZ playcalling should be improved. The ST should be improved as well. On defense, we haven’t lost Quinn yet, but if we do, it should be noted that he sucked against the run. I expect more from guys like Armstrong, Jelks and Jackson, and we might even get Gregory back. I also expect them to get two new DTs—one from the draft and one from free agency. LVE is NOT done, and Smith simply had a down year. In the secondary, while losing Byron Jones isn’t good, I still see a better group. Awuzie, Lewis, Woods, Frazier, Heath, Brown and Olumba, plus 1 or 2 draft picks and a cheaper FA vet should round out a nice rotation.

I agree that it’s too early to make any real predictions—draft and FA awaits—but I’m intrigued by the possibilities. Right now it appears I’m “glass half full”, and you’re “glass half empty”, that’s all!
First of all, Gregory doesn't want to play football. If he did, he would have applied for reinstatement when he was eligible. Didn't want to. He's a mess.

Dak doesn't like to throw in tight spaces, which is why we struggle in the red zone. No play calling can change that. Receivers are running in tight windows down there, and he has to be confident enough to let it go. That's not playcalling, as much as everybody wishes it was. Doesn't matter what play you call if your QB can't do it consistently.

There are grave concerns about LVE's career right now. That's not just me saying it. Jaylon can't move laterally, and more concerning is that he's much more interested in running his businesses than playing football. He's in the conference room with his partners at The Star constantly. Sean Lee was the most reliable linebacker on the roster. Ponder that.

Byron was by far the best defensive back in a bad secondary, and now he's gone. Anthony Brown may be gone, too. These are just dudes after them.

So far, it's the same ole roster, minus a couple key parts, from what failed to win the easiest NFC East division in league history.

ESisback

Reaction score
First of all, Gregory doesn't want to play football. If he did, he would have applied for reinstatement when he was eligible. Didn't want to. He's a mess.

Dak doesn't like to throw in tight spaces, which is why we struggle in the red zone. No play calling can change that. Receivers are running in tight windows down there, and he has to be confident enough to let it go. That's not playcalling, as much as everybody wishes it was. Doesn't matter what play you call if your QB can't do it consistently.

There are grave concerns about LVE's career right now. That's not just me saying it. Jaylon can't move laterally, and more concerning is that he's much more interested in running his businesses than playing football. He's in the conference room with his partners at The Star constantly. Sean Lee was the most reliable linebacker on the roster. Ponder that.

Byron was by far the best defensive back in a bad secondary, and now he's gone. Anthony Brown may be gone, too. These are just dudes after them.

So far, it's the same ole roster, minus a couple key parts, from what failed to win the easiest NFC East division in league history.

This entire post merely strengthens my contention that I’m “glass half full”, while you’re “glass half empty”!