Practice Squad Archer: Current Dallas Cowboys Practice Squad

Carson

Reaction score
For him to do that, either Dallas didn't sign him to its PS or he chose Cincy's over Dallas. Only way a team can outright claim a young player when he is cut is by signing him to its 53.
I never understood as a RB or DT why yo wouldn’t choose Dallas

Jarntt

Reaction score
For him to do that, either Dallas didn't sign him to its PS or he chose Cincy's over Dallas. Only way a team can outright claim a young player when he is cut is by signing him to its 53.
Rogers is the one guy I'm disappointed in losing. Much more than Wood and Scott. Good news is if he is only on a practice squad we can poach him and put him on our 53 if we have a need. I was thinking he might be a call up from time to time (and maybe week 1 if Joseph isn't ready to play) but obviously you can't do that from someone else's PS

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Rogers is the one guy I'm disappointed in losing. Much more than Wood and Scott. Good news is if he is only on a practice squad we can poach him and put him on our 53 if we have a need. I was thinking he might be a call up from time to time (and maybe week 1 if Joseph isn't ready to play) but obviously you can't do that from someone else's PS
True, although Cincy can bring him up to avoid him being poached back. I don't feel like Dallas believes he showed enough to do that, though. Otherwise, the team wouldn't have brought in Joseph.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Muhammad was a suspension roster exemption, so no spot created. I wouldn't think Hall counts as a vet.
You're right on Muhammad. Thanks.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding had been that any player with 3 or more years of experience has always been considered a veteran where the PS was concerned.

EDIT: You got my curiosity up... and I too am a little baffled now... Hall is listed as having 3 years, but when you look at his stats, he only has played 2021 and 2022 (LAC)... no games played last season. So, I don't know what's up with that.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You're right on Muhammad. Thanks.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding had been that any player with 3 or more years of experience has always been considered a veteran where the PS was concerned.
It appears that you are correct. I just looked it up and only six can have more than two accrued seasons.

gimmesix

Reaction score
EDIT: You got my curiosity up... and I too am a little baffled now... Hall is listed as having 3 years, but when you look at his stats, he only has played 2021 and 2022 (LAC)... no games played last season. So, I don't know what's up with that.
An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster, so I guess the question is whether he was active for that number.

Rayman70

Reaction score
they messed around and Wood got claimed. Pure stupidity. Same with Rogers. I am now convinced Maliek Davis MUST have damning evidence on the Jones boys to use as blackmail material. What are we missing guys? How the hell is Davis still here? Yet Wood and Rogers are gone? Wood and Rogers should have been on the 53. They earned a shot. Both had a great camp.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The kid who tackled the Rams coach was light years better than Mazi. But then, so was pretty much every tackle in camp. Mazi is on the team because of his contract and no other reason.
Huggins is a 3T not a NT and he sucked. He played well against the raiders but sucked in the other two games.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The kid who tackled the Rams coach was light years better than Mazi. But then, so was pretty much every tackle in camp. Mazi is on the team because of his contract and no other reason.
I kind of thought Huggins would be one of our veteran additions to the practice squad.