Practice Squad Archer: Current Dallas Cowboys Practice Squad

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
they messed around and Wood got claimed. Pure stupidity. Same with Rogers. I am now convinced Maliek Davis MUST have damning evidence on the Jones boys to use as blackmail material. What are we missing guys? How the hell is Davis still here? Yet Wood and Rogers are gone? Wood and Rogers should have been on the 53. They earned a shot. Both had a great camp.
It's possible Davis is here simply because we wanted to carry another back. If we used all our vet spots, then we couldn't sign Freeman. We also lost the three players who were claimed so we could have been targeting one of those for the spot. (Not sure we lost Rogers, though, since Cincy signed him to its PS. That's not a waiver claim.)

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's possible Davis is here simply because we wanted to carry another back. If we used all our vet spots, then we couldn't sign Freeman. We also lost the three players who were claimed so we could have been targeting one of those for the spot. (Not sure we lost Rogers, though, since Cincy signed him to its PS. That's not a waiver claim.)
Wood was nails during camp and preseason. He did everything right, yet they tried to sneak him onto the PS. The predictable result happened. If Cincy has Rogers, I might see if I could poach him back from them. He showed some real skills.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Wood was nails during camp and preseason. He did everything right, yet they tried to sneak him onto the PS. The predictable result happened. If Cincy has Rogers, I might see if I could poach him back from them. He showed some real skills.
He was involved in several plays. I don't know if I'd call him nails, though. He intercepted a bad throw by Bennett and a tipped ball. What he showed was intriguing enough to keep him around, but we shouldn't act like he was blanketing receivers in coverage or making plays all over the field. He had 11 total tackles in three games (less than four per game) and two passes defensed. He also forced a fumble.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Its funny how complimentary Stephen was on Royce then they cut him and sign 2 other backs to the practice squad instead. What a phony...

Rayman70

Reaction score
He was involved in several plays. I don't know if I'd call him nails, though. He intercepted a bad throw by Bennett and a tipped ball. What he showed was intriguing enough to keep him around, but we shouldn't act like he was blanketing receivers in coverage or making plays all over the field. He had 11 total tackles in three games (less than four per game) and two passes defensed. He also forced a fumble.
he had 1 int against the Rams that was called back where he read the play beautifully. He was all over his man and dissected the play. He looked like a pro. All I can say is this,, the decision makers better be right about our dt and safety room. Wood was a willing tackler as well.

gimmesix

Reaction score
fair enough. Im just stunned I guess. Along with many others.
I would have preferred that we kept them for potential over some of the players we chose to keep, but I don't think I'm going to lose a lot of sleep over the decision not to keep them. There's more of a chance that they are backups or even out of the league than that they make a significant impact elsewhere. Doesn't mean that they won't, but the odds are still against them.

I can't remember the name of the pass rusher we cut one year who went on to have a pretty decent career. I know he ended up in Green Bay at one point. But even going back to Jimmy, we had some that we did end up regretting (Jacksonville Jaguars all-time leading receiver Jimmy Smith).

Rayman70

Reaction score
Its funny how complimentary Stephen was on Royce then they cut him and sign 2 other backs to the practice squad instead. What a phony...
Stevie is an inept fraudster. He aint even good at it. He doesn't have 1 genuine bone in his body. Hes a lyin skunk. My new nickname for him and Jerry are the Velcro Boys. Because they are seemingly just throwing shiet against the wall and hoping something sticks. Thats a horrible plan.

gimmesix

Reaction score
he had 1 int against the Rams that was called back where he read the play beautifully. He was all over his man and dissected the play. He looked like a pro. All I can say is this,, the decision makers better be right about our dt and safety room. Wood was a willing tackler as well.
The last few years, we've had our best safety room in a long time. The four in front of Wood all have shown starting ability. It's one area of the team I feel pretty good about depthwise. Not so much corner with Bland out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The last few years, we've had our best safety room in a long time. The four in front of Wood all have shown starting ability. It's one area of the team I feel pretty good about depthwise. Not so much corner with Bland out.
not disputing that. But just seems like a waste of our time. Im going to cheer the kid on at Tennessee. Love his game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
will Juanyeh stay healthy?

gimmesix

Reaction score
Id take Ridgeway right now over a stiff RB like Maliek Davis .
Well, we couldn't get Ridgeway to the PS, either. The quote by Parcells about there only being so many large human beings comes to mind. Can't remember it exactly, though. But the point is that teams are going to give these huge humans every shot to prove they can play because you can't just find them at Walmart. Well, you can, but the weight is not quite distributed the same.

gimmesix

Reaction score
not disputing that. But just seems like a waste of our time. Im going to cheer the kid on at Tennessee. Love his game.
I don't watch or root for other teams, so I'll treat him the same as any other player Dallas has cut.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Stevie is an inept fraudster. He aint even good at it. He doesn't have 1 genuine bone in his body. Hes a lyin skunk. My new nickname for him and Jerry are the Velcro Boys. Because they are seemingly just throwing shiet against the wall and hoping something sticks. Thats a horrible plan.
Man I hope they would sell the team before letting Stephen take it over.