Archer: How The Cowboys Are Adding Depth, Not Leverage With Andy Dalton

Philmonroe

Reaction score
30 INTS makes them not similar hater. That is a VERY big distinction. If Winston had 8-15 INTs he would be a starting QB with a starting job right now cashing in on his own mega deal. I believe you are smart enough to know that. I simply believe you are being intentionally dishonest rather than the alternative of you do not know how football works and what an INT is.

I took ALL the stats of Dak and compared them to the best seasons of Dalton and one season of Dak was better than any season Dalton put together in 9 years. Dalton is a solid backup but he is not in the same league as Dak. That is reality.

Wanting something to be true does not make it true and the facts and numbers do not back your claim unless you do what you did which actually undermined your point because the only way you could find to create a shortcoming was knowingly try to cherry pick stats to create an argument that they are in any way similar which showed there is no factual argument against Dak as a top 7-13 QB right now
Oh no not low Internet iq person calling someone a hater because they don't agree with them routine. I'm smart enough to know you're not football smart and that Dak is average as ever. That's how smart I am. I don't care about your googled stats if Dak was soooo awesome he'd be signed by now. He's average but like I keep telling you you're used to average things in life so Dak is special to you. Average junk doesn't get me going like it does you.

blueblood70

Reaction score
wasn't their public intention but it still gives the DC way more options now then they had a week ago and it does have to get daks attention..he better consult his agent a discus the state of the cap next year and NFLs may not play this year and he may not get any new money of he lets this drag out..

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yeah, it means they would've been in the playoffs if he hadn't thrown 30 interceptions. You ignore stats when they don't suit you and jump on them when they do - that's a form of confirmation bias. It's illogical.

Just stick with "Dak sucks and I don't like him" and stop cherry-picking ways to pretend it's anything more than your feelz. You're not fooling anyone.
Show the proof of the double talk or stop lying. Show the proof of me not someone else saying Dak sucks. I know some of,you people have nothing better to do but worship other people but I need y'all to stop,lying to do so.

Adreme

Reaction score
Oh no not low Internet iq person calling someone a hater because they don't agree with them routine. I'm smart enough to know you're not football smart and that Dak is average as ever. That's how smart I am. I don't care about your googled stats if Dak was soooo awesome he'd be signed by now. He's average but like I keep telling you you're used to average things in life so Dak is special to you. Average junk doesn't get me going like it does you.

Someone who dislikes someone regardless of facts or evidence and literally cherry picks stats to support his argument, knowing full well its not an honest depiction... what would you call that person?

He isnt signed because he is offering no discount. Wentz offered a discount, and everyone admitted it even if it was just few million per year, and the deal got done. Dak wanting to maximize his numbers means that the deal will not get done until the last moment. Well that and the fact that the type of deal Dak wants is not the type of deal the Cowboys usually offer. The Cowboys usually prefer longer deals that, while high at the start, seem lower by the end of the contract, whereas Dak wants a shorter deal because of what is going to happen to the cap.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The important thing Archer is trying to communicate is that lord Dak has already been crowned the starting Qb. His fans need not fear the aged Dalton.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The article nails exactly why they signed Dalton. For depth, not leverage.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Someone who dislikes someone regardless of facts or evidence and literally cherry picks stats to support his argument, knowing full well its not an honest depiction... what would you call that person?

He isnt signed because he is offering no discount. Wentz offered a discount, and everyone admitted it even if it was just few million per year, and the deal got done. Dak wanting to maximize his numbers means that the deal will not get done until the last moment. Well that and the fact that the type of deal Dak wants is not the type of deal the Cowboys usually offer. The Cowboys usually prefer longer deals that, while high at the start, seem lower by the end of the contract, whereas Dak wants a shorter deal because of what is going to happen to the cap.
I don't dislike anyone but again like I said the low iq person always needs some black or white solution because they can't function otherwise. Last minute? Lol its been a year. Get back under your Dak covers junior.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
yeah i know people do not have any sports to talk about right now but people are being silly. i just do not think most football fans realize how important backup quarterback can be for contending teams. eagles do not win the super bowl without foles...chiefs might not win the super bowl if matt moore does not win against the broncos and vikings and help the chiefs secure the bye and that is just the past few seasons for examples.

really any one who thinks this has any thing to do with dak and his contract just need to look at daltons contract...he is a backup and was signed to be the backup.

I don’t think you can ignore that something could possibly be up right now.

This has gone on for almost 2 years and they have no contract.

Stephen came out last week and said they had a number that they aren’t coming off of.

Then they come back this week and sign a guy who can give you Dak like results.

If Dak were traded tomorrow I think you could easily look back on all of this and say Dallas showed all of the signs of a team that is prepared to move on and we ignored it.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yes you are adding depth but leverage automatically comes with it. It's a 2'fer.

Yep, just like all the leverage they got trading for Quinn when negotiating with Lawrence or drafting Pollard during the Zeke hold out. LOL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
LOL. The panic by insecure Dak slobberers is palpable. They are basically hyperventilating.

This is clearly a leverage move. Archer is a moron, and the media has been wrong about these negotiations for going on two years now. They know nothing. Remember when they were saying the sides were “so close” and then coming back and saying that the two sides haven’t even spoke in months? lol

If this was leverage it would be more than a 1 year deal. Cowboys have needed vet backup and McCarthy puts a premium on backup at QB position. He has an UDFA QB and a 7th rd QB so getting Dalton is not a shocker.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Dak's leverage did not go down because the situation did not change. He can still play 2 years under the franchise tag, leave and reset the market if Dallas does not offer a deal he wants. Dallas is then left with effectively no starter at QB unless Dalton sticks around and even then your starter is not that good.

If this played out like you said, I guarantee next year we are drafting a QB with our first overall pick. The team has made it obvious that they are not goin to be handcuffed and signing Dalton only proves that. You got a premium backup that could start for you. That bargaining chip of, “oh, you got Cooper Rush if I don’t sign” is gone.

Adreme

Reaction score
Put Dak in Cincy and he may have never seen a 2nd contract.

Dalton in Dallas can get Dak Prescott like results because the foundation here is much more optimal for a QB to play in then the worst franchise in all of pro sports that is the Bengals.

We saw what Dak did when they got Amari Cooper. AJ Green is light years better than Amari Cooper. Plus they actually had a real defense for a few years. They would have been an actual contender rather than just a perennial one and done.

Adreme

Reaction score
I don't dislike anyone but again like I said the low iq person always needs some black or white solution because they can't function otherwise. Last minute? Lol its been a year. Get back under your Dak covers junior.
You have an opinion. You do not let facts, numbers, or accomplishments touch that opinion, and will even knowingly misuse facts in order to try to create a false equivalency. That is the textbook definition of a hater.

Adreme

Reaction score
If this played out like you said, I guarantee next year we are drafting a QB with our first overall pick. The team has made it obvious that they are not goin to be handcuffed and signing Dalton only proves that. You got a premium backup that could start for you. That bargaining chip of, “oh, you got Cooper Rush if I don’t sign” is gone.

I mean I am pretty sure, if the goal is money, then it does not change the equation for him. If his goal is to maximize his income, then he knows he can get it with or without Dallas. If Dallas drafts a QB next year, then they get to play the QB roulette wheel where they know there is a 2/3 chance of failure, but if you win you get a cheap contract for 4 years (they changed how the 5th year option works in the CBA starting I think in 3 years so its not really the discount it was).

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We saw what Dak did when they got Amari Cooper. AJ Green is light years better than Amari Cooper. Plus they actually had a real defense for a few years. They would have been an actual contender rather than just a perennial one and done.

You’re taking 1 little piece and making it the whole story.

The Bengals are the definition of dysfunction and mismanagement.

The Cowboys have provided their QB with one of the most optimal environments to play in.

Dak from day 1 has had it easy and has been surrounded by talent.

You can not say the Bengals are anything like the Cowboys and Dalton was constantly getting that team to the playoffs early in his career.

If Dalton has to play the drop off from Dak to Dalton is minimal if any and he can do the same job for much much much cheaper.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It's probably a little of both, but I see it as a smart move no matter what. If Dak goes down, we've got a real QB who can come in and help the team to win games. I remember what a smart move it was by Jimmy Johnson to sign Bernie Kosar, and we ended up needing him to help us get to the Super Bowl.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You have an opinion. You do not let facts, numbers, or accomplishments touch that opinion, and will even knowingly misuse facts in order to try to create a false equivalency. That is the textbook definition of a hater.
Ok you lose

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

It looks like Dallas isn’t willing to play Dak’s game anymore and they finally bought themselves a little leverage.

The problem is they have already offered something close to 6 years 35 million so we know they are willing to pay him that.

Dalton may be the line in the sand and while Dak may be better then Dalton he isnt 32 million dollars better then Dalton.

Something could be up..

A large portion of the fans and media are saying to pay Dak the money he wants is stupid..

The data shows that paying him makes it almost impossible to win a Super Bowl and he isn’t even elite. (Elite QBs struggle to win Superbowls after pay day)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It's probably a little of both, but I see it as a smart move no matter what. If Dak goes down, we've got a real QB who can come in and help the team to win games. I remember what a smart move it was by Jimmy Johnson to sign Bernie Kosar, and we ended up needing him to help us get to the Super Bowl.

I agree. I welcome Dalton to the Cowboys. I don't see this as a move to replace Dak, if it where it would be more than a cheap 1 year deal but clearly the Cowboys needed to have a QB you can put out there at a moments notice who is not going to be overwhelmed. But even at that Dak has a job to do and if or when McCarthy feels he can't do it then they will look for someone else.

Adreme

Reaction score
You’re taking 1 little piece and making it the whole story.

The Bengals are the definition of dysfunction and mismanagement.

The Cowboys have provided their QB with one of the most optimal environments to play in.

Dak from day 1 has had it easy and has been surrounded by talent.

You can not say the Bengals are anything like the Cowboys and Dalton was constantly getting that team to the playoffs early in his career.

If Dalton has to play the drop off from Dak to Dalton is minimal if any and he can do the same job for much much much cheaper.

The Bengals are dysfunctional in terms of management; they even had their own Jason Garrett (albeit one with a SB ring and one who actually turned that team around from a joke so basically a better Jason Garrett). However, in terms of talent, those early 2010s Bengals teams were loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. You would look at Dalton's numbers every year and go "how is that all he can do?" Even with all that talent most of their tough wins boiled down to AJ Green bailing out Dalton and carrying the team.