Archer: How The Cowboys Are Adding Depth, Not Leverage With Andy Dalton

Aven8

Reaction score
One reason none of those QB’s could succeed, even if they were bums behind Romo, was Romo ran the offense. JG and company screwed it up. It was so obvious that Cassel and Weeds looked like they had never played a football game. Yet Cassel won with NE and Weed won for the Texans.

Kwyn

Reaction score
If Dak being hurt was truly the reason Dallas lost to the Eagles with the division on the line then signing Andy Dalton makes sense. It just seems weird they would tender Cooper Rush instead of addressing the position before now.
Yeah, they may have been a bit hasty, but you’ll recall that teams have to submit tenders well in advance of free agency and the draft. They couldn’t know, with any degree of certainly, what the backup QB situation would be back when they tendered Rush.

twc562

Reaction score
LOL. The panic by insecure Dak slobberers is palpable. They are basically hyperventilating.

This is clearly a leverage move. Archer is a moron, and the media has been wrong about these negotiations for going on two years now. They know nothing. Remember when they were saying the sides were “so close” and then coming back and saying that the two sides haven’t even spoke in months? lol

Archer is pretty keyed in from my observation. I've read that SJ is one of his sources

birdwells1

Reaction score
I fail to see how it provides any leverage. Dalton signed for backup money. If you actually look at what VFA starting QBs even the bad ones sign for it should be obvious.

Do you honestly think that Dak and his reps are worried that Dalton is taking their job. By your logic, when the Cowboys signed Kosar in the early 90s it was a comment on Aikman.

And I REALLY like how you take what is obviously Dak's camp and the Cowboys brass with two different narratives, acting like "they" were the same entity, and that you can glean anything meaningful from media posturing.

Aikman had already won a Super bowl with the Cowboys and the signing occurred after Troy was injured in a regular season game.

Wood

Reaction score

Disagree. With 1 playoff win in 4 years and going winless against winning teams in 2019 Dak and his Agent were not dealing from position of strength in asking to be highest paid QB. But the only real leverage Dak had was that without him Cooper Rush would be QB and Dallas season would be over. Enter Dalton who has never played with this assortment of talent on offense...ever. Dak no longer can hijack cowboys season and lost leverage. This doesn't mean deal won't get completed eventually but it allows Dallas to carry on while Dak sits and losses millions of dollars each game not played. Thats leverage.

Beaker42

Reaction score
If Dak being hurt was truly the reason Dallas lost to the Eagles with the division on the line then signing Andy Dalton makes sense. It just seems weird they would tender Cooper Rush instead of addressing the position before now.
Rush proves we have the worst FO in football. It’s changing but we still have the same ownership.

quickccc

Reaction score
Knowledgeable fans will know its' about great depth, ..not leverage vs Dak contract.
Its a better find than even Joe Flacco as you have someone that can adlib and bail out with his mobility than
just content with taking sacks in the pocket.

its just a one year and if dalton decides to pony up another year here ..fine.
that's a good idea situation while we see what we have in ben DiNucci.

my question now becomes how many number of QBs are we likely to keep on the active 55 roster.
o_O

Beaker42

Reaction score
I fail to see how it provides any leverage. Dalton signed for backup money. If you actually look at what VFA starting QBs even the bad ones sign for it should be obvious.

Do you honestly think that Dak and his reps are worried that Dalton is taking their job. By your logic, when the Cowboys signed Kosar in the early 90s it was a comment on Aikman.

And I REALLY like how you take what is obviously Dak's camp and the Cowboys brass with two different narratives, acting like "they" were the same entity, and that you can glean anything meaningful from media posturing.
Watch the first ps game and you’ll see this is leverage.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Watch the first ps game and you’ll see this is leverage.

Sorry I don't have an interest in your cherry picked games trying to makes someone look bad.

Your faction is scared of any comprehensive analysis.

Hardline

Reaction score
“Dak will be signed any day now and you’ll be crying.” - Dak slobberers for 602 consecutive days

never gets old.
I like to refer to Dak slobberers as Dak jock sniffers.
Dak haters never gets old either.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
“Dak will be signed any day now and you’ll be crying.” - Dak slobberers for 602 consecutive days

never gets old.

LOL. I knew I'd eventually make Dak slobberer status. No, not at all. Just helping the reality-challenged who are hoping against hope that Dak won't be paid more than they think he should which is unfortunately way below what he'll get marketwise. Dalton, the 2-11, 59% worldbeater, is the latest game changing leverage shifter, which is hilarious. This is on par with Pollard turning in an average preseason game giving the anti-pay Zekers hope against hope the front office was going to play hardball with Zeke. Zeke sure learned his lesson in settling for his deal.

Adreme

Reaction score
I don't need to google anything to know that Dak and Dalton are the same QB. You do to prop up mr average Dak up. Yep my gut but if I wanted to I can find just as much to tell you Dak is average but I'm not here to change your mind. We are all just posters so if you don't like my "gut" take on Dak so be it you'll sleep good tonight just like I will. It doesn't change my pov on him that they are the same player and if Dak doesn't play will be quickly shown that.

There are no stats, there is no film, there is NOTHING to support that Dalton is even in the same league as Dak. I cannot find a single number that supports such a claim. If they were the same QB Dalton would have SOMETHING on Dak. I picked one year for Dak and its better than ANY of the 9 years for Dalton who was also surrounded with amazing offensive talent for most of his career. If they were the same that should absolutely not be the case, but they arent because Dalton is not in Dak's league and if Dalton is starting the team wins between 2-4 less games and is not a true contender. Unfortunately all that means in the long run is you are terrible enough to not contend, but due to the talent on this roster not so terrible you can really attempt to play QB roulette for one of the possibly good QBs.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
LOL. I knew I'd eventually make Dak slobberer status. No, not at all. Just helping the reality-challenged who are hoping against hope that Dak won't be paid more than they think he should which is unfortunately way below what he'll get marketwise. Dalton, the 2-11, 59% worldbeater, is the latest game changing leverage shifter, which is hilarious. This is on par with Pollard turning in an average preseason game giving the anti-pay Zekers hope against hope the front office was going to play hardball with Zeke. Zeke sure learned his lesson in settling for his deal.
I mean it’s a totally different situation but if that’s what passes for reality between your ears then more power to you. I can only hope that Dak is similarly stupid to think that he is the only guy that could ever stand in a pocket all by himself along All-Pros and throw to wide open receivers against the Giants. That would be great.