Archer: Jerry said, "you'll know it when you see it" regarding potential change to Romo

Kevinicus

Reaction score
This is probably the trend they're looking at over the past 6 games. It's not pretty. A rookie wall, particularly for QBs, is a real thing.

mMUQQ5F.png

Should QB Rating be yards? The scale on the left would suggest that is the case.

Asklesko

Reaction score
it's too tempting for jerry. romo will be playing if dak don't start winning.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
That isn't the truth. A QB makes his reputation in big games....playoff games. As good as Tony has been ( and yes we probably wouldn't have even been in those games without him) you can't deny his record. I like Tony. My opinion of him has changed back and forth over the years. I've loved him and also wanted him gone at times. ( I even wanted Johnny Manzel. How stupid was that? lol). The best playoff games that I thought he played in was those 2014 playoff games when we had a dominating running game. The coaching staff needs to get back to that. If Tony does come back I hope he wins it because he deserves it and it would be a great way to go out. I just think his health is the big question now.

So you deny the fact that being down or tied in the 4th quarter and Romo leading drives 30 times in that scenario to win the game isn't clutch? Or that those instances have been smaller than when he threw costly interceptions?

Championships are what QB's are judged by, I agree. But that doesn't make it legit when ur playing a team sport.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Stop listening to Jerry. He doesnt matter and he is not making decisions.

He has been wrong on almost everything this year. He seems out of touch this season with what is going on. Earlier in the year he didn't even know sean lee and D Lawrence had been banged up when asked on the fan. He was completely clueless.

Sunday he said in the pregame lance dunbar would not be a part of the kicking game.

He just needs attention. He is nothing but a PITA for the coaching staff.

He's the General Manager of the Dallas Cowboys.

He makes the personnel decisions undisputed and leads scouting. What I wonder is how at his age he manages to stay on top and be unquestionably the best in the NFL at what he's doing.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
and broken down loser is just as "harsh" (ie stupid) as those dismissing what dak has done.

damn some people are 1 or 0 and miss a million shades of gray.
Not a loser in life but a documented QB loser of important games. That's a fact, can't argue with facts.

popp1234

Reaction score
The biggest detriment to Title #6 continues to be Jones.

It's not whatever. It sends a horrible message to the team, and to Dak. It also means Tony is likely back next year and we get nothing for him when he's at the end of his career anyway, and Dak then loses a year of on field experience and gains a year of rust.

They never should have moved on to Dak if they weren't committed to him.

Amen, SD! Let's not be who they thought we were.

popp1234

Reaction score
Putting Tony back in because the team finally loses a couple games, or because Dak has a couple rookie outings, would be the first domino to fall to the start of a chain reaction of bad decisions.

This ^

popp1234

Reaction score
I really can't believe the ignorance of a lot of Cowboys fans. To ask to remove Dak because the team has a bad game is flat out STUPID. I like Romo but remind me of exactly what has he won since he's been the starter? Let me answer that for you...NOTHING. The problem with Cowboys fans is that most expect to win every week and that is totally not going to happen. People and teams have bad days, its a part of life so deal with it or change teams. If Dak is the QB of the future (I believe he is) then deal with the growing pains just like we dealt with those of Romo. Sadly, I see why sometimes people hate Cowboys fans because there are some that lack reason and education.

Where have you been?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
He's the General Manager of the Dallas Cowboys.

He makes the personnel decisions undisputed and leads scouting. What I wonder is how at his age he manages to stay on top and be unquestionably the best in the NFL at what he's doing.

He doesnt do either of those things.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Depends on your definition of costly.

2013 vs. denver I wouldnt consider costly. He threw for a butt ton of yards and TD's and Peyton had 1 INT just like Tony.

2015 vs. carolina...the season was sunk. Nothing really "costly" about it imo.

You must not have read my subsequent posts. I explained pretty clearly why we can consider those interceptions "costly."

lwehlers

Reaction score
this is a team game. if Prescott is playing poorly again I have no problem going to romo. not one player is above the team. if we were out of the playoffs then we could afford Prescott having a bad games but this team has a chance at a superbowl run those do not come to often. if romo can provide a spark and get us to the superbowl then he needs to play. Prescott has three years left with us so it not like he will not get a chance to play again.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I'm all for letting Dak continue as starter as long as the team is winning and he is playing well. If he goes out against the Bucs and has another poor outing in another loss Romo needs to be given the job back. The SB is there for the taking and they need the best player at the most important position.

You don't throw an opportunity like this season away because you're afraid of hurting a rookie's feelings. There may not be another opportunity like this for this team and Dak will be here next year.
I just read your post after I post mine and I agree with everything you said we need to look at the big picture and go get a superbowl.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
this is a team game. if Prescott is playing poorly again I have no problem going to romo. not one player is above the team. if we were out of the playoffs then we could afford Prescott having a bad games but this team has a chance at a superbowl run those do not come to often. if romo can provide a spark and get us to the superbowl then he needs to play. Prescott has three years left with us so it not like he will not get a chance to play again.
Fair!

zeke21

Reaction score
No matter how you cut the stats or film.. Dak has been declining in output for at least the last five games. That could be the rookie wall OR that is just the NFL DC's writing the book and then we finally came up against a D that could implement the plan for 4 quarters.

Sticking with a rookie that is clearly not getting the job done just because he is "the future" is wrong imho. 2014 was a great chance at a ring and we got screwed by one lousy call and a defence that couldn't stop a gimp Rodgers. The 2016 defence IS good enough to keep us with any team and we have an upgrade in the run game.. we could win the ring this year and that should be all that matters.

Right now there is no argument to be made that Dak is the better QB. Romo may not stay healthy and he is not the future.. but he is the better QB by a long long long way. I also reckon it would take about 10 minutes for the team to rediscover its "chemistry" with Romo under centre. Its been 12 weeks since this was Tony's team.. I don't think you forget that just because a Rookie played some nice games and caught some weak defences underprepared.

I know Dez would be happy to see Romo back there.. and I reckon Zeke would take less than a quarter to realise that a deep threat QB opens up the box and would allow him to bust out some really nice runs.

This is not the loss.. I (along with others) have been saying the same thing for the past month.. Dak simply does not have the skills right now to take us to the SB. We are in the extremely lucky position of having Romo sitting on the bench.. bring the guy in and lets get this thing done. End the insanity now before we watch the season go floating out the window.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
This is probably the trend they're looking at over the past 6 games. It's not pretty. A rookie wall, particularly for QBs, is a real thing.

mMUQQ5F.png

great. now show me the stats for a 14 year veteran qb prone to bouts of greatness and frustrations who's not played a full game in over a year and is coming back from a broken back.

THEN we'll have a fair comparison.

roll that one up, stat man. :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Not a loser in life but a documented QB loser of important games. That's a fact, can't argue with facts.
bullcrap. he's won some very good games too. all this one sided crap is what causes the rest of us in the middle to ***** as much as we do.

so...cut it out. :)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
bullcrap. he's won some very good games too. all this one sided crap is what causes the rest of us in the middle to ***** as much as we do.

so...cut it out. :)
What important game has he won to get us to and win the Super Bowl? I've got all night.