Archer: Jerry said, "you'll know it when you see it" regarding potential change to Romo

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
It's not likely just that, though. If Tony get's put back in, it will be his team again until he decides to retire. Now instead of getting something for him and some much needed cap relief, we get a QB who at the very end of his career anyway. And instead of Dak being in his second year, getting much needed game time experience, he's holding a clipboard.
If Tony is the better player, it should be his team. If he's not, it shouldn't. This is about winning games.

This is a week to week game. We need to win now, not just three years from now. And Dak got a lot of valuable experience this year. We have him for a long, long time to come. It's almost best for him right now to calm down, take in the experience he's received and continue making himself a better QB at a normal pace -- not having the world on his shoulders on a Super Bowl run where he's outmatched against opponents that are starting to shut him down due to his rookie limitations.

rynochop

Reaction score
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...wboys-know-time-tony-romo-definition-know-see

"I really don't want to get into the scenario, it goes too far in talking about what we don't want to talk about," Jones said. "Given the need for [Romo], we want him ready on the spur of the moment to be a part of any effort we make -- to be trite -- to win the ball game.

"It would be when we all probably thought it was time for him to come in and play. I don't want to give you those circumstances because I don't like either one of the discussions."
So..if he's hurt or he's sucking. Just go ahead and say it Jerry

SDCowboy

Reaction score
and at that time dak was doing MVP type work and you simply don't pull away from that.

if he just flat falls on his face in tampa then i can see romo needing to come in. right now i just don't see it. i see the usual chicken littles running around demanding their way is correct cause it has the pure benefit of being their way.
But again, are we talking about if it's just Dak or if it's the entire offense looking like garbage (minus Zeke) which has been the case the last two weeks. If the entire offense looks bad, and the playcalling is still mind boggling, then it's not a Dak issue.

Gameover

Reaction score
If Prescott flounders for another game or two it would be a bad decision to NOT see what Romo can do.

Romo losing and seeing his fans reaction >>>>>>> Winning the SB

Their suffering would bring me greater joy than seeing my team of 35+ years win another SB after a 20 year drought. That's how much I cant stand his fans!

For you links18

Last edited:

tecolote

Reaction score
It's not likely just that, though. If Tony get's put back in, it will be his team again until he decides to retire. Now instead of getting something for him and some much needed cap relief, we get a QB who at the very end of his career anyway. And instead of Dak being in his second year, getting much needed game time experience, he's holding a clipboard.

This only happens if Dallas wins a Super Bowl with Tony. Would that be so bad?

erod

Reaction score
If Tony is the better player, it should be his team. If he's not, it shouldn't.

The beauty of our scenario is that this isn't RG3/Cousins or even Morton/Staubach.

This is one guy at the end, and another just getting started. There's no conflict here, just a matter of when.

Dak will be perfectly fine either way.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is now realizing how much this really is Romo's team now.

He has been broken. Mind, body, and soul.

Daks a smart cookie he doesn't by into the NFLs media rating garbage. He knows, hes not fragile n mentally unstable over it. He's going to be disappointed sure anyone would be. Sitting is not going to hurt him. How Garrett n Linehan have gone about sitting him does hurt there was no need to throw this kid under a bus just disgusting.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Stop listening to Jerry. He doesnt matter and he is not making decisions.

He has been wrong on almost everything this year. He seems out of touch this season with what is going on. Earlier in the year he didn't even know sean lee and D Lawrence had been banged up when asked on the fan. He was completely clueless.

Sunday he said in the pregame lance dunbar would not be a part of the kicking game.

He just needs attention. He is nothing but a PITA for the coaching staff.

It's so awesome & hilarious to watch him look even crazier by the second.

Personally, the 2014 season was the best in recent memory not simply for the good season it was but also because jeri couldn't stop crowing about how he wanted Manziel and drafting Martin would be a sure path toward mediocrity. But he couldn't stop there and went on to expound how it was going to be a rough season and was obviously distancing himself from a season he didn't think was going to go to well. And then they rammed it up his *** and went 13-5, only a few plays from reaching the conference championship, thereby undermining any bragging rights he could legitimately try to claim. Of course that didn't stop whomever the idiots are that gave him the GM of the year award. LMAO!!! Has there ever been a more BS award?

Let's all pray he doesn't get his back up over some perceived slight and decide he needs to throw his weight around and do something stupid to remind everyone he's still in charge. Did you like those three superbowls, I betchu did!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
heh - we disagree so *my* head is in the sand.

so you now run to vast stupidity and saying i'm ok with losing 3 games cause i don't agree with you. isn't that a tad drastic?
giving the giants everything after going 11-2 cause we again, disagree. not a tad...drastic?

if my head is in the sand, you're just being butt-nugget stupid for the sake of carrying romo's jock around.

now, wish to talk about it or get mad and insult each other?

Never intended to converse with you, you quoted me.

I'd say you went full stupid before anyone else calling my thought a bull**** agenda

My agenda is a Championship. End of discussion

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
But again, are we talking about if it's just Dak or if it's the entire offense looking like garbage (minus Zeke) which has been the case the last two weeks. If the entire offense looks bad, and the playcalling is still mind boggling, then it's not a Dak issue.
well i don't think it's a dak issue. you don't do as well as he has and be the only one to choke.

play calling has changed
dez can't catch a cold and they are not on the same page
the OL doesn't seem to be protecting as well as they have in previous games. still good, but not *as good*.

i think these are things the coaches will need to improve and/or fix. i dont see dak as the sole reason we lost the last game.

just so strange to me we're 11-2 and people are so massively butt hurt. cowboys fans are some of the worst out there at times.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Exactly. Romo homers think we have Tom Brady waiting on the bench. Newsflash, we dont. Not even close.

The only QB that's been compared to Tom Brady is Dak Prescott. No one has said Tony Romo is Tom Brady.

Saying he's better than Dak is not the same thing.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Never intended to converse with you, you quoted me.

I'd say you went full stupid before anyone else calling my thought a bull**** agenda

My agenda is a Championship. End of discussion
and according to you mine must be losing cause i don't agree with you.

some people are so binary it's pathetic.

have a day.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Not well, no.

He's just not ready. His poise and physical ability is working because he has the best supporting cast on offense in the NFL. But he's still playing like he did in college for the most part.

He needs time to learn. Just like Romo did, Rodgers, Brady, etc. He'll be elite one day, I believe. But that's 3-4 years away at least. He's totally lost right now because the league has figured him and this offense out. It needs Romo at the line of scrimmage to beat these fronts.
No rookie has ever won a Superbowl (especially without a top flight defense), even though the diluted strength of the top teams this year at least increases the possibility. The road just gets harder from here until Houston. They absolutely have to get the number one seed.

erod

Reaction score

Romo held a clipboard. So did Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and loads of others.

That would actually benefit Dak. He's still playing his college style, and the NFL has figured him out. He needs time to learn it at the next level mentally.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
If Tony is the better player, it should be his team. If he's not, it shouldn't. This is about winning games.

This is a week to week game. We need to win now, not just three years from now. And Dak got a lot of valuable experience this year. We have him for a long, long time to come. It's almost best for him right now to calm down, take in the experience he's received and continue making himself a better QB at a normal pace -- not having the world on his shoulders on a Super Bowl run where he's outmatched against opponents that are starting to shut him down due to his rookie limitations.
and how often does a pro team change qb's on a week to week basis?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
well i don't think it's a dak issue. you don't do as well as he has and be the only one to choke.

play calling has changed
dez can't catch a cold and they are not on the same page
the OL doesn't seem to be protecting as well as they have in previous games. still good, but not *as good*.

i think these are things the coaches will need to improve and/or fix. i dont see dak as the sole reason we lost the last game.

just so strange to me we're 11-2 and people are so massively butt hurt. cowboys fans are some of the worst out there at times.
Agreed 100%. I just find it odd that we're 11-2 and our star rookie QB is the one getting thrown under the bus when almost everyone on the offense, including the oline has been horrible. Why is there no concern with how bad the WR's have looked? Or our fabled oline in pass protection? Where's the concern with Zeke regularly and inexplicably being removed from the game in key situations? What concerns me is calling a deep pass play on 3rd and 1. lol

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Russel Wilson had 5 interceptions on sunday I don't hear anyone say he should be benched. Eli Manning should have had 6 turnovers in that last game but no one is talking about him being benched.

The last 5 teams we played are all playoff caliber teams. All teams with winning records. Some of those years when we were 8-8 we had problems beating teams with winning records. Some of those 8-8 years we only had one team with a winning record we beat.
Stick with the guy that got helped us get to 11-2. 11 win win streaks are few and far between in the NFL.

Very stupid comparisons. Those teams do not have a Pro Bowl caliber QB on the bench.

romothesavior

Reaction score
Why do people keep saying this? The entire offense did not look like garbage on Sunday. The line blocked very well, per usual. Zeke had almost 90 yards rushing in the first half. Other than Dez, I can't really fault any of the receivers.

The offense was shut down because the Giants stuffed the box, pressed our receivers, and dared Dak to beat them. He couldn't.

I understand the argument for sticking with Dak, and I actually favor giving him the start this week. But let's not distort the facts to make our arguments.

Romotil45

Reaction score

If course that's all true but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. The right way ? To go the right way you need a coach with enough balls to buck the media and hold a press conference n plainly state even at 11-1 Romo is the best option going forward into the playoffs the wrong option putting together weak game plans taking Zeke off the field on 3rd down and praying for losses. Just pathetic.