Archer: Jerry said, "you'll know it when you see it" regarding potential change to Romo

erod

Reaction score
You forgot option #3 dak makes a run at a SB

That's not an option. He's not ready for that. New England would beat us by 30 points.

With Dak, it'll be one and done this year. And that would be perfectly fine for a rookie learning the NFL.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Thanks Sir. Im learning English since Im eight. I watch games in english too. And Ive been in the USA two times already. Of course went to Dallas, but couldnt get there in time to visit Texas Stadium.

Went to AT&T Stadium, and as much as I loved it, Im so sad I couldnt meet history and go to the old one.

The point is, thanks again, I try hard to learn to talk it correctly.
Just keep working...you're doing a great job!!!

erod

Reaction score
Thanks Sir. Im learning English since Im eight. I watch games in english too. And Ive been in the USA two times already. Of course went to Dallas, but couldnt get there in time to visit Texas Stadium.

Went to AT&T Stadium, and as much as I loved it, Im so sad I couldnt meet history and go to the old one.

You write better English than Idgit. Nice job.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Bingo. When you make the decision move on with a rookie QB, you take the good with the bad. If they weren't going to be 100% committed to him, then they should have gone back to Tony.

Yeah. When that decision was being made, they should have had the foresight to anticipate rookie struggles.

And if you weren't willing to ride those put, you go back to Romo. If you are, you stick with Prescott. You either invest the time in developing him for the future or not. You don't yank him.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

you do better than many who live here. :)

GIFTS86

Reaction score
That's not an option. He's not ready for that. New England would beat us by 30 points.

With Dak, it'll be one and done this year. And that would be perfectly fine for a rookie learning the NFL.
You really think dak would not compete in the playoffs?

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I swear, too many Cowboy fans have become nothing but a bunch of drama queens, looking for trouble where none exists and making mountains out of molehills. They are so afraid of losing that they can't tolerate winning.

I mean, Jebus H Christ! We're 11-2!

Back in the day at this point we would have been so arrogant no one could tolerate us.

Grown some spine you jellyfish!

Gameover

Reaction score
Many of us believe Romo should have been playing long before now actually. Besides, this is 3 straight games now for Dak under 200 yards passing, 3TD's in 3 weeks. We've been lucky and winning IN SPITE of Dak. It doesn't matter what Romo has or hasn't won, there is just no argument to be made on who the better QB is at this point.

Cowboys scored 31 in one of those non 200 yard games. Dak also had a 10 yard rushing TD in that game. The Commanders also had a 7 minute Time of possession advantage in that game.

Ripping Dak for not having 200 yards in that game would be like me ripping Tony Romo for only having 199 yards in that GB playoff game. It was the way the game played out.

The guy went 3 months without a loss, when is the last time Romo did that? I guess that 3rd down passes to Witten vs Pittsburg and Bryant vs Washington were in spite of Dak.

LSOS

SDCowboy

Reaction score
It's not like missing the next 6 games would be a major developmental challenge for Dak in 2019.
It's not likely just that, though. If Tony get's put back in, it will be his team again until he decides to retire. Now instead of getting something for him and some much needed cap relief, we get a QB who at the very end of his career anyway. And instead of Dak being in his second year, getting much needed game time experience, he's holding a clipboard.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Exactly. Romo homers think we have Tom Brady waiting on the bench. Newsflash, we dont. Not even close.
No, but you have a guy who led the league in 2014, with his best ever statistical season. But please continue tearing Romo apart in order to deflect from a hideous performance on the part of the rookie Prescott.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Oh, not me. I dont reduce what dak has done, neither reduce what Romo has done. I dont assume that we would be 11-2 with Tony.

Having said that, Daks our future. Just maybe we made the switch too soon. But thats just me.
well we didn't have a choice. romo got hurt and dak came in. dak *had* to learn on the field and he's done remarkably well. he was/is up for league MVP and i don't know if romo ever got that honor.

we named him the starter. going back and forth makes us look like we're in a panic. ok for fans i suppose but looks bad if the team bails on someone who overall still has a 102 qb rating.

rynochop

Reaction score
I know this, if you do put Tony back in its gotta be 3 and 5 step drops and ball out or he's gonna get killed. He, I don't think, can sit back there and scan the field for several seconds anymore.

Parche

Reaction score
There are two choices.

1. Play Romo and try to win a Super Bowl this season.

2. Play Dak to prepare him to make a run at a championship 3-4 years from now.

Yeah, I agree. But lets remember neither option assures nothing :(

GIFTS86

Reaction score
It's not likely just that, though. If Tony get's put back in, it will be his team again until he decides to retire. Now instead of getting something for him and some much needed cap relief, we get a QB who at the very end of his career anyway. And instead of Dak being in his second year, getting much needed game time experience, he's holding a clipboard.
I disagree with that mindset. I think I would be more concerned about us winning a SB this year then romos cap hit and his trade value.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
No, but you have a guy who led the league in 2014, with his best ever statistical season. But please continue tearing Romo apart in order to deflect from a hideous performance on the part of the rookie Prescott.
your use of adjectives gives you away. romo was never in his career 11-2. i dont give all this credit to dak to be sure. nor do i give romo all blame for when he's not done as well. it *is* a team effort and right now this team is rocking it.

rocking it doesn't mean we blow people out every game. it doesn't mean we never lose again. it doesn't mean we never have tough times to overcome.

it just means we keep going with what is working and not jump ship at the first sign of problems.

for you to claim "hideous performance" to dak is telling enough. you're just being anal for the sake of being anal and nothing will change a mind like that.

have fun.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Looks like it took Jerry only one day to come off of "only because of injury"... lol.

And I see the resident Dak slobberers are already steeling themselves to the inevitable. And to think, just a few days ago they were gleefully working out Romo trades.
Romo will never see the field again. Sorry

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I disagree with that mindset. I think I would be more concerned about us winning a SB this year then romos cap hit and his trade value.
then play the team that got you in position to win it all.

erod

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. But lets remember neither option assures nothing :(

That's true. But right now, what a playoff run requires from the QB, only Romo can deliver.

I honestly think Dak would benefit greatly by watching Romo next year, too. He's playing a lot like he did in college right now, and it's working because he has the best offensive running game and personnel in the NFL. He still has light years to go to understand the game like Romo and the elite veterans.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I swear, too many Cowboy fans have become nothing but a bunch of drama queens, looking for trouble where none exists and making mountains out of molehills. They are so afraid of losing that they can't tolerate winning.

I mean, Jebus H Christ! We're 11-2!

Back in the day at this point we would have been so arrogant no one could tolerate us.

Grown some spine you jellyfish!
the instant gratification society got a wiff of winning and now they want to control is and jack it all up for the rest of us. :)