Are Blank and Mara behind Zeke suspension?

knightrider94

Reaction score
Conspiracy theories or not, Kia Roberts is a big key here. If we ever hear from her, I don’t think it will not be good for the NFL.

The NFL will probably have to employ her for life to keep her from talking. But, with their arrogance, they’ll dismiss her a year or two from now after everything “blows over” and she’ll find a wrongful termination suit. The Real Sports interview that blows the top off the league will eventually happen and then, all bets are off...

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
There is some curious timing involved, but JJ has thought that RG was overpaid all along.

April 2016 - Zeke drafted
July 2016 - Zeke Ohio DV allegations
August 2016 - The NFL is formally organizing a group of team owners who have worked with Commissioner Roger Goodell on a number of key issues in recent years. In a memo sent to all 32 teams and obtained by NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, the group of owners will make up the new "Chairmen's Committee." The committee will initially consist of the league chairmen of Finance, International, Management Council Executive, Media and Stadium committees. The owners on the committee are Clark Hunt (Chiefs), Robert Kraft (Patriots), Bob McNair (Texans), John Mara (Giants) and Art Rooney II (Steelers). The group will help spearhead initiatives aimed at defining and identifying league priorities and ensuring that issues are properly considered and coordinated among the standing committee, according to the memo. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000690501/article/nfl-forms-chairmens-committee-of-team-owners

at some point Arthur Blank gets on this committee and it morphs to the compensation committee to get RG a new contract.

March - 2017 Owners only meeting focused in part on discussions regarding Commissioner Roger Goodell’s next contract and succession plan. As to the issue of Goodell’s next contract, Jones suggested that all owners be involved in the process. Currently, the Compensation Committee handles the determination and negotiation of Goodell’s pay. Multiple owners currently believe that broader involvement of the membership would result in terms more favorable to the league.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/02/nfl-held-an-owners-only-meeting-in-arizona/

May 2017- owners voted unanimously to authorize the Compensation Committee to enter in to negotiations and offer the Commissioner an extension of his contract through 2024,” NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said during a Thursday afternoon media briefing. The compensation committee consists of six owners: chairman Arthur Blank (Falcons), Clark Hunt (Chiefs), Robert Kraft (Patriots), John Mara (Giants), Bob McNair (Texans) and Art Rooney II (Steelers).

July 2017- Jones says there is no evidence of DV with Elliott
August 11, 2017 - Zeke suspended
August 21, 2017 - RG said to be in line for a new 5 year contract. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/21/sports/football/roger-goodell-nfl-contract.html
September 2017 - ESPN reported Sunday that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones had inserted himself into discussions and was now an informal seventh member of the committee. He was on the conference call Wednesday. One source familiar with the ongoing drama told ESPN that Jones has argued persistently for months that other owners believe Goodell makes "way too much money," and that Jones has demanded a pay cut and a radical change in the formula that compensates the commissioner. Jones also has complained strongly that several other employees of the league office are overcompensated, the source said.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ll-regarding-roger-goodell-contract-extension

December 13, 2017 - League Meeting, Irving, Texas. ??????????????

knightrider94

Reaction score
To think I actually felt bad when he was watching his team implode in the Super Bowl. If its true he was one of the owners behind the railroading of Zeke, then now I only feel bad that he wasnt walloped while he was standing on that sideline.
I live in Atlanta and hate the Falcons. Like, Commanders/Eagles/Giants level hate the Falcons. I only felt bad because my 13 year old is a fan and I had to comfort him that night because they blew it. Hate them for that too. Otherwise, I’ve been smirking at them all season, especially after Sunday. When some came to talk trash after the game, all I had to say was “28-3” and they walk away like a child who dropped their ice cream cone.

tico

Reaction score
I would like to believe this because it could be argued that it is true. But, why would Blank and or Mara make an enemy of the “most powerful owner in the NFL”? Their turn in the barrel would inevitably come one day.
Have you seen the Godfather 3? Lol

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
It’s looking like the competition committee might have some corruption taking place.

If there is any favoritism that has been shown in officiating or something that could give a team an advantage just imagine the lawsuits.

Yes, people like me who goes to Nevada each year and puts a hundred on his favorite team to win the super bowl. Imagine the class action lawsuit since here in the good ole US we are allowed to gamble on games. If there is any impropriety findings found and any referee is involved, I would sue or be involved in a class action suit and gladly help take the *******s down who were involved.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Conspiracy theories or not, Kia Roberts is a big key here. If we ever hear from her, I don’t think it will not be good for the NFL.

The NFL will probably have to employ her for life to keep her from talking. But, with their arrogance, they’ll dismiss her a year or two from now after everything “blows over” and she’ll find a wrongful termination suit. The Real Sports interview that blows the top off the league will eventually happen and then, all bets are off...
I agree, and I think at some point she will spill the beans. Maybe not until after Goodell is out but probably at some point...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I believe this about as much as I believe Jerry called Kraft a (kitty) and threatened Goodell.