Are the Browns really going to pass on Darnold?

Proof

Reaction score
They just took on ogletrees contract too.

Also Browns just trades for Landry.

If Cousins reconsiders Cleveland and they can use their top picks elsewhere they are going to be a problem

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if they did. And honestly I wouldn't blame them as long as they draft one of the QBs at 1 or 4. Darnold has a lot more issues then wentz and watson when they came out. If they preferred Rosen, Allen or mayfield wouldn't be a huge shocker

I agree. Josh Allen would be a good move on their part. In fact, Darnold comes across as a massive bust risk to me. The way he played in the Cotton Bowl, and then refused to throw in the Combine. I have a bad feeling about him. I think the Browns should take a QB, but Darnold is someone I wouldn't trust.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I disagree with most of you, I think Darnold will be just fine in the league once he gets some NFL coaching. That being said, I think the Browns should take Rosen. He's basically Matt Ryan 2.0 and that will provide plenty of stability and good play; yeah he's not the homerun pick but what that organization needs more than anything is stability and he'll provide that. I think Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold will all be starting QBs in this league and maybe Allen too if he doesn't bust. However, Rosen is easily the most ready to start at the moment and Cleveland's line is plenty good enough as is for a rookie to come start behind.

I agree, and I think Rosen will be there at 4. Like I said, I think the Browns would be best served (as would we tbh) if they went Barkley and Rosen.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I guess call me stupid....because I'm not passing on the next Adrian Peterson/Jim Brown....I think they like Mayfield. And it's not like he can't play. :rolleyes:

4th_and_short

Reaction score
Browns just picked up Tyrod Taylor, so I think they’re definitely taking Barkley at #1 and then will pick from whatever QBs remain at #4 to sit behind him for a bit.

cjlopez

Reaction score
U don’t give up a 3rd for a back up!!!! They are taking Barkley at 1 which is the Best Choice!!!

CowboyChris

Reaction score
U don’t give up a 3rd for a back up!!!! They are taking Barkley at 1 which is the Best Choice!!!
I don't blame the Browns for trading for a QB, Tyrod wouldn't have been my first choice, I'm not impressed with this draft class at all...I would be auctioning off that #1 pick starting today!

cjlopez

Reaction score
If they don’t want Barkley. They could ask the NY G for a kings ransom if they want to that route. Cleveland will be the player until we get to the draft and until we get past pick 5 if they do t trade down.

Maybe even the giants might trade down now after the first pick. If Barkeley is the pick.

diefree666

Reaction score
I don't blame the Browns for trading for a QB, Tyrod wouldn't have been my first choice, I'm not impressed with this draft class at all...I would be auctioning off that #1 pick starting today!
take Barkley at one and sell the #4 pick to the highest bidder. This years QB class is subpar. Darnold turned into a turnover machine last year and Rosen and ALLen both have worts; Mayfield frankly looks like Johnny Manziel part deux without the alcohol problem

RoboQB

Reaction score

When you have 2 #1s and 3 #2s you trade your #3 for a veteran QB that can start for a season
in case the QB you drafted with your lowest #1 isn't ready after 4-6-8 weeks.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Old man Jerry is putting along he better look in the rear view mirror the Browns could be coming up fast. If they get to a Championship game or a SB before the Cowboys that will be an embarrassment.

condoin125

Reaction score
I figured they would be able to free up cap space with guys like Vernon, JPP, and the CB they signed a few years ago.
Damn, I was too low on my guess on Norwell. Jags about to give him 13M per year...this is gonna hurt our talks with Martin. :(

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They can't be *this* stupid, right? I mean at this point they should truly be abolished. Finally; get the #1 pick and a chance to take a QB, he's right there. They've whiffed on Wentz, whiffed on Watson... here's Darnold...

And they're gonna take Saquon Barkley.

Good God they don't deserve to be in this ******* league anymore. I hate them with every fiber within me

I would...

I'm not sold on that guy.

Darnold will have defeated the odds if he turns out to be a good player after leaving College that early.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Damn, I was too low on my guess on Norwell. Jags about to give him 13M per year...this is gonna hurt our talks with Martin. :(
Guards are getting paid now days. I figured Martin would get 13m maybe he will still sign for that.