Are the Cowboys still your favorite sports team?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Call me a traitor, but after 40+ years my Dodgers have leap frogged my Cowboys as my favorite sports team....Cowboy fan since 75....Dodger fan since 77. And the SAD thing is that I'm not even a real baseball fan....after 32 years without a WS title, and seven straight years of being kicked squarely in my post season ballz, my patience finally paid off. My patience with the Cowboys finally ended with Stephen "Milburn Drysdale" Jones huge FA acquisition of Superstar Nolan Carroll when we were MILLIONS under the cap....if Jerrah and Boy Blunder aren't serious about winning, then to hell with them....I can put my energy into some other sport and team I call mine. I didn't even know it was a bye week until I heard it on the radio Tuesday....there was a time when I could have rattled off the next 6 games on our schedule and told you if it was Home or Away....I just do not care anymore. Anyone experiencing something similar?
dodgers went like 300 years without a title. Did you complain as much about their owners?

Cowboys are still and will always be my favorite sports team.... and it isnt even close.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the field? Yes

Off the field? No, they're my least favorite.

I compartmentalize the Cowboys into two separate entities and on the field the Joneses do not exist, it is just the laundry and me.

starfan1

Reaction score
Call me a traitor, but after 40+ years my Dodgers have leap frogged my Cowboys as my favorite sports team....Cowboy fan since 75....Dodger fan since 77. And the SAD thing is that I'm not even a real baseball fan....after 32 years without a WS title, and seven straight years of being kicked squarely in my post season ballz, my patience finally paid off. My patience with the Cowboys finally ended with Stephen "Milburn Drysdale" Jones huge FA acquisition of Superstar Nolan Carroll when we were MILLIONS under the cap....if Jerrah and Boy Blunder aren't serious about winning, then to hell with them....I can put my energy into some other sport and team I call mine. I didn't even know it was a bye week until I heard it on the radio Tuesday....there was a time when I could have rattled off the next 6 games on our schedule and told you if it was Home or Away....I just do not care anymore. Anyone experiencing something similar?
I’m also a Dodger fan but I am jot as big of a baseball fan as I am football so cowboys are still #1 in my heart

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Sadly yes they are but Oklahoma football has become an ever so close second. If OU can win another championship before Dallas does, they’ll probably become my favorite.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----You don't want to put any energy in the Boys OP, yet you start a thread?

I did say that I still watch EVERY game....but I don't waste energy on the edge of my seat cheering for a team with no hope....and I do mean NO HOPE!!! Not until Charlotte takes over.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Yes,...I could tell how bad they sucked last night as they were blowing out Michigan 49-11! :D

The upside to this “situation” where we stay at home..... is less encounters with Badger fans on a daily basis telling me how the SEC is overrated and how the Badgers can compete with anyone.

:)

Mannix

Reaction score
------dodgers went like 300 years without a title. Did you complain as much about their owners?

What a stupid question....I'm not going to complain about World Series losses....especially when one of them was outright stolen

JayFord

Reaction score
Well baseball has started creeping up as my favorite sport

But its not there yet

So in order

Cowboys
Orioles
Capitals
Knicks
University of Maryland Football
Naval academy football

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No.

I have switched to the LFL.

The Ladies Football League.

I posted a thread about them the other day and almost got benched.

But they are more entertaining than this team and there are no contract negotiations to deal with and it's just fun.

Everything the NFL has abandon.

Works for me. Do a search. Bet you agree.

:rolleyes:

Otis313

Reaction score
This team has been killing me slowly since I was 8 years old. I’m 52 now and I try to support them but it’s been really hard to watch the last several years. I can put up with losing if the effort is there but the garbage that’s been out there for a while really tests you as a fan. Go Cowboys!

Swanny

Reaction score
Yes but the nfl is my least favorite sports league.

Jipper

Reaction score
For me they are my only sports team....I’ve given up on the nba, mlb and nhl....don’t watch college so basically once I get sick of the cowboys I guess I’ll give up on sports too

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When I was a kid (70s) it was all about the Cowboys and the Pirates - I only cared about football and baseball. In my backyard I was either Staubach or Stargell.

Since college, my alma mater (Ohio State) is priority one in all sports. If the Buckeyes are playing lacrosse I'm watching.

The Pirates don't even try to win anymore and I'm tired of Jerry & Stephen's egotistical stupidity. They sit there in their expensive suits with all of their self-appointed fancy titles, blathering into any microphone they see as if they're genius "football guys" no matter how many decades of failure they leave in their wake. If I hadn't grown up a Cowboys fan they'd be the funniest duo in sports. Instead, I'm following uniforms out of habit and old time's sake. Those bozos aren't going to win anything.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
When I was a kid (70s) it was all about the Cowboys and the Pirates - I only cared about football and baseball. In my backyard I was either Staubach or Stargell.

Since college, my alma mater (Ohio State) is priority one in all sports. If the Buckeyes are playing lacrosse I'm watching.

The Pirates don't even try to win anymore and I'm tired of Jerry & Stephen's egotistical stupidity. They sit there in their expensive suits with all of their self-appointed fancy titles, blathering into any microphone they see as if they're genius "football guys" no matter how many decades of failure they leave in their wake. If I hadn't grown up a Cowboys fan they'd be the funniest duo in sports. Instead, I'm following uniforms out of habit and old time's sake. Those bozos aren't going to win anything.

That's funny I am a Cowboys/Pirates fan as well. I don't follow baseball nearly as much as I did when I was younger, but there was a point in my life timeline where I was pretty serious about the Pirates.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the original thread, yes, they are and will continue to be my favorite team. I'm as frustrated as everybody else, but I'm still here for it. Now, I have been told by friends and family that my spark has dimmed over the past few seasons, and I can see it too. I, along with everybody else here, am just tiring of the same song and dance and it is affecting my passion a bit.

Example a few seasons ago: Cowboys pass for a huge TD. Me: "WOOH!! Hell yeah!!" I'm out of my chair cheering and being obnoxious.
Example last 2 seasons: Cowboys pass for a huge TD. Me: "Nice!" Still sitting.

So, yeah, I may be in a slump but I'm always going to be a Cowboys fan. They are where my heart lay through thick or thin. If the FO could ever do anything promising, I'll be back to the obnoxious cheerer. haha