Are we as blind and homerish as these Pats fans?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
When your team wins a Superbowl--whether by cheating or otherwise--fans are going to be loyal and they're going to feel like it's them against the world. I'm sure Cowboys fans would quickly become intolerable.

As for right now, we've got our share of fans who can get carried away, but I think the long draught has evened things out quite a bit. There are a lot of fans who don't want to get their hopes up and who try compensate for that by being unnecessarily negative, too. They'll go away gradually if the team establishes a pattern of winning in the playoffs, but it's going to take a few years for that to happen.
It probably also is a bit of the bandwagon effect. The types of fans that show up during a team's high points seem to have the lowest signal to noise ratio.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I'm sure there are opposing fans that come here and say they can't believe how everyone has given Hardy a pass for his transgressions, but here we are.

My thoughts exactly. Any other team Hardy was on and everyone on here would be screaming for Goodell to ban him. Now that he is signed by Dallas people turn into online lawyers that can tell you the 563 reasons he's not at fault and they're just picking on Dallas for suspending him

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes there are homers that are here and many that were here that are just as bad.

Every team has fans that are just as bad.

When I read the WVU boards I heard the same old things as well...ESPN hates us blah blah blah

waving monkey

Reaction score
Yes. Just as sensitive. The world is against Dallas like it is against New England in their eyes.

And to illustrate that, If Hardy was a NY Giant, Commander, or Eagle, there would be a whole host of people here defending a ten game suspension.

But look how unfair it is to this board. Because he is a Cowboy.

Josh Brent is another example. There used to be a periodic post where someone would put up a chart about crime in the NFL and brag on how clean-cut and straight our players are. The bragging would be like wildfire.

Not any more.

The assault on anyone who suggests anything but great things for the Cowboys ensues, and they are pilloried here. Fans or press.

Anyone who has concerns about this team sees the sly is falling by some. No matter how legit those concerns might be.

Vitriol is alive and well on this site.

We are who we thought they were.

Well of course if hardy had of gone to a hated rival he would be a criminal. Thats justice

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I know that every team's legions of fans are homers to a degree and that we are all kinda blind to a certain extent, but I'm reading through Pats' message boards and it's unreal. All of them think that the NFL/Goodell is out to screw them, they hate Kraft now for just taking it, and a lot of them say they are done with the NFL. Even a thread started where people have canceled their cable NFL packages.

I went there expecting to see a lot of good conversation amongst them-- some back and forth where other members said that they did indeed cheat and that they should be punished. But no. I've read for close to an hour and every single Pats fan think this is a conspiracy against them and that they were wronged and Brady did nothing wrong. I am blown away.

Check it out for yourself--

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/forums/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.10/

The punishment was wayyy to harsh when they took their first round pick but im all for it.

Some of that may be a makeup call from spygate.

Craig

Reaction score
The patriots fans have a reason to thi k everyone is out to get them. At this moment id say they are handling it better than fans of other teams who for some reason think everyone is out to get them.

Craig

Reaction score
Yes there are homers that are here and many that were here that are just as bad.

Every team has fans that are just as bad.

When I read the WVU boards I heard the same old things as well...ESPN hates us blah blah blah

To be fair WVU is awful. They should be hated.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This message board has people that think Mara is the Boogeyman hiding in their closet late at night. So yeah, I'd say as a fanbase we are just as blind and homerish.

I like it when they say that Mara will help the Patriots and Brady get the punishment reduced.

Why in the world would Mara help the Patriots.

Now sit back and watch the crazy ideas they will come up with to help justify why mara would help the patriots.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Any fan that thinks the league is against their favorite team, is an idiot. Pure and simple.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Yes but in my opinion it is nothing compare to European or South American soccer fans. When the World Cup was held in the U S in 1994 an American reporter asked a Brazilian soccer fan why they take this game as life or death. The fan replied " life or death? No it's much more than that."

dallasdave

Reaction score
I know that every team's legions of fans are homers to a degree and that we are all kinda blind to a certain extent, but I'm reading through Pats' message boards and it's unreal. All of them think that the NFL/Goodell is out to screw them, they hate Kraft now for just taking it, and a lot of them say they are done with the NFL. Even a thread started where people have canceled their cable NFL packages.

I went there expecting to see a lot of good conversation amongst them-- some back and forth where other members said that they did indeed cheat and that they should be punished. But no. I've read for close to an hour and every single Pats fan think this is a conspiracy against them and that they were wronged and Brady did nothing wrong. I am blown away.

Check it out for yourself--

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/forums/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.10/

I know all the years I have followed the Cowboys they are always right and everyone else is wrong, for the most part. Kind of a love and hate thing. I love anything the Cowboys do, and hate anything the steelers do....

VACowboy

Reaction score
There was a whole thread on here just yesterday about how the League is out to beat the Cowboys down.