Are we as blind and homerish as these Pats fans?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I'm impressed that not only do they have their own deflategate sub-forum, but they actually have over 200 separate threads on the topic.
They are certainly arguing every angle.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are seriously going to start the argument about this Hardy situation AGAIN after it was argued to death in multiple threads in the past?

Seriously.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know that every team's legions of fans are homers to a degree and that we are all kinda blind to a certain extent, but I'm reading through Pats' message boards and it's unreal. All of them think that the NFL/Goodell is out to screw them, they hate Kraft now for just taking it, and a lot of them say they are done with the NFL. Even a thread started where people have canceled their cable NFL packages.

I went there expecting to see a lot of good conversation amongst them-- some back and forth where other members said that they did indeed cheat and that they should be punished. But no. I've read for close to an hour and every single Pats fan think this is a conspiracy against them and that they were wronged and Brady did nothing wrong. I am blown away.

Check it out for yourself--

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/forums/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.10/

Dallas in my view is #1 when it comes to fans thinking the league is out to get them. Be it the refs, Mara, Goodell or the NFL in general. Myself I think it is ridicules. I don't think the league is protecting any player or team nor are they out to get any team in general

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys, as interesting as the Hardy topic is, let's try to keep the conversation more on point to the thread topic here, please. This is a thread about how nasty Pats fans are compared to Cowboys fans, and I think we're in the process of concluding that Pats fans are, in fact, really really annoying.

Ding Ding...missed this earlier.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I provided a link - or information from a link - that states that alcohol makes one lose one's inhibitions.

now link to a scientific journal that shows a loss of inhibitions means an increase in truthfulness.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Guys, as interesting as the Hardy topic is, let's try to keep the conversation more on point to the thread topic here, please. This is a thread about how nasty Pats fans are compared to Cowboys fans, and I think we're in the process of concluding that Pats fans are, in fact, really really annoying.

:laugh:

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Not every fan is blind and a homer. Some have the ability to step back and look at things objectively.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
now link to a scientific journal that shows a loss of inhibitions means an increase in truthfulness.

I'll let my posts speak for themselves. As the mods have said, this thread has gone off track. I'll comport myself to their wishes. This is going to be too good a season for me to miss enjoying it with my fellow Cowboys fans with a ban over petty bickering. :)

Peace.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dallas in my view is #1 when it comes to fans thinking the league is out to get them. Be it the refs, Mara, Goodell or the NFL in general. Myself I think it is ridicules. I don't think the league is protecting any player or team nor are they out to get any team in general

Seriously? Oh man, do we need to start a thread on the many ways Mara has gone out of his way to screw Dallas?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seriously? Oh man, do we need to start a thread on the many ways Mara has gone out of his way to screw Dallas?

Mara is 1 owner he does not control the NFL he is 1 vote out of 32 owners. So yes I am serious, Mara hold no more or any less power than Jerry Jones or any other owner in the NFL.

the fact you think otherwise only proves my point of people out to get the Cowboys. NO ONE is out to get the Cowboys

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
When your team wins a Superbowl--whether by cheating or otherwise--fans are going to be loyal and they're going to feel like it's them against the world. I'm sure Cowboys fans would quickly become intolerable.

Ha! I generally find most Cowboys fans intolerable already. I don't know how you mods do it. :laugh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Mara is 1 owner he does not control the NFL he is 1 vote out of 32 owners. So yes I am serious, Mara hold no more or any less power than Jerry Jones or any other owner in the NFL.

the fact you think otherwise only proves my point of people out to get the Cowboys. NO ONE is out to get the Cowboys

The fact that I think something proves the opposite is true? Damn, I better quit thinking so damn much. I think you are right. Darn... there I go again. :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The fact that I think something proves the opposite is true? Damn, I better quit thinking so damn much. I think you are right. Darn... there I go again. :rolleyes:

All I'm saying is many Cowboy fans act as if they league is out to get them, they are not. Mara is an owner he is one of 32 he has 1 vote that is all. No doubt other fans of other teams feel the same way. I have been to Cowboys game where opposing fans around me are claiming how the refs always favor the Cowboys and how Dallas gets away with things. I think those people are as silly as the Cowboy fans saying the same thing. It is not a perfect game never will be, bad call happen, missed calls happen but they happen to all. Good team find ways to over come the bad and capitalize on the good calls.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All I'm saying is many Cowboy fans act as if they league is out to get them, they are not. Mara is an owner he is one of 32 he has 1 vote that is all. No doubt other fans of other teams feel the same way. I have been to Cowboys game where opposing fans around me are claiming how the refs always favor the Cowboys and how Dallas gets away with things. I think those people are as silly as the Cowboy fans saying the same thing. It is not a perfect game never will be, bad call happen, missed calls happen but they happen to all. Good team find ways to over come the bad and capitalize on the good calls.

I said you are right. If you go back and look, I bet it's still there. I'll pause while you go do that okay? When you catch up I'll continue. :facepalm: