Are We Prepared If Romo Get's Hurt?

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;1379414 said:
If I might interrupt the Barry Switzer debate, I think that Tim Rattay could prove to be a servicable backup to Tony Romo and could probably be had for a moderate price.

Rattay has looked very good at different stages of his career and with some solid coaching - like the Cowboys are trying to build - he may be able to realize his potential.
Is he even 6' tall? I think that's what he's listed at which we all know is a lie. Too short.

zeromaster

Reaction score
stasheroo;1379414 said:
If I might interrupt the Barry Switzer debate, I think that Tim Rattay could prove to be a servicable backup to Tony Romo and could probably be had for a moderate price.

Rattay has looked very good at different stages of his career and with some solid coaching - like the Cowboys are trying to build - he may be able to realize his potential.
If I might interrupt the interruption, I think the Switzer debate is completely entertaining and off-topic like so many threads around here. Which is why the FNL should go 24/7 to prevent this sort of time-wasting. Worldwide. Galactic, even.

(the misspelling is intentional)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zeromaster;1379426 said:
If I might interrupt the interruption, I think the Switzer debate is completely entertaining and off-topic like so many threads around here. Which is why the FNL should go 24/7 to prevent this sort of time-wasting. Worldwide. Galactic, even.

(the misspelling is intentional)

FNL? :confused:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
philo beddoe;1379421 said:
Is he even 6' tall? I think that's what he's listed at which we all know is a lie. Too short.

I think the height thing is overrated.

That Drew Brees guy is "only" 6' 0" and he's pretty good.

Garcia's a short guy too, but he had a good season in Philadelphia as well.

Conversely, Bledsoe is 6'5" and that doesn't seem to help him much.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1379418 said:
I never said Bayless was credible, but I know it from a source other than Bayless, and that source is credible. Thanks for playing.

I actually remember him eating the hot dog. It happened. Nice try.

The gun could have been an oversight. His explanation was a lie. If he had owned up to his mistake rather than tired to be a hero I'd have respected it.

No defense of him stealing his friend's wife huh? Typical.

You can believe he had nothing to do with the probation. I don't. I'm not that naive.

I already told you I wouldn't care about the book, so no need to sell me on it again. It's a waste of your time...and mine.
Ah, you're an insider then, so who is this source??? LOL. I never disputed the hot dog incident, but it was perfect for such a joke of a game. I didn't realize Barry was the only man alive to cheat on his wife...interesting. By the way, it was Lacewell's wife. Larry doesn't seem to have a problem with it, he's back with his wife. Much ado about nothing and non-football related for the most part. Switzer remains larger than life and the last Cowboys coach to deliver a SB trophy--2 full years after Johnson's departure. 'Nuff said.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1379457 said:
Ah, you're an insider then, so who is this source??? LOL.
None of your business. LOL

I didn't realize Barry was the only man alive to cheat on his wife...interesting. By the way, it was Lacewell's wife. Larry doesn't seem to have a problem with it, he's back with his wife. Much ado about nothing and non-football related for the most part.
I know who's wife it was. The fact that others have done it excuses it? Not in my book. You don't do that to your wife. You don't do that to your friend. There is no excuse for it.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1377414 said:
This backup QB thing really needs to be addressed. Bledsoe will be gone, which will leave only Baker. We need to bring 4 QB's to camp. We need to find 2, including one who will give TR some REAL competion which will make him better. This year I'm leaning towards a draft pick and a soild vet. For the vet, we might have to trade and not just settle for a castoff or some guy out of work. Thoughts?

i agree we need a solid backup but we dont need to bring in a Qb for competion that will just throw a steel rod into the spokes of the wheel. Brady doesn't have competition.

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
the kid 05;1379473 said:
i agree we need a solid backup but we dont need to bring in a Qb for competion that will just throw a steel rod into the spokes of the wheel. Brady doesn't have competition.

Let me guess, you'd support a move to bring back the horrid Q. Right? LOL.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1379464 said:
None of your business. LOL

I know who's wife it was. The fact that others have done it excuses it? Not in my book. You don't do that to your wife. You don't do that to your friend. There is no excuse for it.
I agree, but we can't judge others and mandate values, can we? Last I heard Barry was seeing the gymnastics coach at OU--that dog! That stuff is ancient history now. Lacewell must have forgiven Switz, he didn't stand in the way of him becoming head coach and they co-existed for four years. Sorry you won't reveal your source. Did I mention that I regularly hang out with Keith Richards in Jamaica? It's the internet, you can be whatever you want. LOL

the kid 05

Reaction score
TheProphet;1379478 said:

no, a draft pick in the 5-6th round

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheProphet;1379478 said:
Is this yours and philo's standard retort to people who dare to disagree with you?

Anyone who does must be a Q fan? He even tried to accuse me of that and when I denied it he was even more assured he was right.

Get used to disappointment I guess.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
TheProphet;1379478 said:
Who in their right mind would want Quincy "Cool Breeze" Carter back on the team? Pure insanity.

the kid 05

Reaction score
TheProphet;1379478 said:

philo beddoe;1379485 said:
Who in their right mind would want Quincy "Cool Breeze" Carter back on the team? Pure insanity.

must you really talk to your self?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1379479 said:
I agree, but we can't judge others and mandate values, can we? Last I heard Barry was seeing the gymnastics coach at OU--that dog! That stuff is ancient history now. Lacewell must have forgiven Switz, he didn't stand in the way of him becoming head coach and they co-existed for four years. Sorry you won't reveal your source. Did I mention that I regularly hang out with Keith Richards in Jamaica? It's the internet, you can be whatever you want. LOL
I don't care who Barry is seeing and I don't care who you hang out with in your imagination or who you aspire to be on the Internet.

Several on this site have some sources for info. You can get away with calling me a liar about it because I honestly don't care. No need for me to defend whether I do or don't. Long timers here know my character. Let's just say I don't pal around with adulterers. Word of advice though, I'd be real careful about who you call a liar. If I feel it is attacking or desparaging a legit source of information for this forum I won't hesitate to fix it. We've lost a couple of good sources because of that kind of crap. Never again.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
When have I ever? Oh, I get it, you're saying that Prophet & I are one & the same. Not so, Kid Rock. The board monitors should be able to verify this for you. I have never, EVER posted under an alias. Better luck next time, lumpy.

Reaction score
are we sure we're prepared if he isn't hurt?

anything we hope to accomplish this season is entirely on his shoulders.

if he does not produce, we're sunk.

the kid 05

Reaction score
Hostile;1379493 said:
I don't care who Barry is seeing and I don't care who you hang out with in your imagination or who you aspire to be on the Internet.

Several on this site have some sources for info. You can get away with calling me a liar about it because I honestly don't care. No need for me to defend whether I do or don't. Long timers here know my character. Let's just say I don't pal around with adulterers. Word of advice though, I'd be real careful about who you call a liar. If I feel it is attacking or desparaging a legit source of information for this forum I won't hesitate to fix it. We've lost a couple of good sources because of that kind of crap. Never again.

and the foot of hostile has slammed down

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1379493 said:

When did I call you a liar, friend? Just having fun, didn't mean to offend you.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1379507 said:
When did I call you a liar, friend? Just having fun, didn't mean to offend you.
I told you, you CAN call me one if you want. I honestly don't care if you believe I have a source or not. I don't need to defend myself after all my time here.

I just don't want any more of this like has happened in the past with some posters we've lost due to abuse by others. It isn't worth it to me to lose a great poster who brings legitimate inside stuff.

Bash me all you want. Call me a liar if you wish. Others have too. I don't care, because I know what the truth is, and I know what petty jealousy is. Life isn't a pissing match for me. I have no need or desire to prove I can pee farther than you. You win the pissing match if you choose to call me a liar.

I care about debating football. On that stage any are welcome to take a shot.

the kid 05

Reaction score
Hostile;1379528 said:
I told you, you CAN call me one if you want. I honestly don't care if you believe I have a source or not. I don't need to defend myself after all my time here.

I just don't want any more of this like has happened in the past with some posters we've lost due to abuse by others. It isn't worth it to me to lose a great poster who brings legitimate inside stuff.

Bash me all you want. Call me a liar if you wish. Others have too. I don't care, because I know what the truth is, and I know what petty jealousy is. Life isn't a pissing match for me. I have no need or desire to prove I can pee farther than you. You win the pissing match if you choose to call me a liar.

I care about debating football. On that stage any are welcome to take a shot.

:fight: next up Hostile and any one willing to go down :fight: