Are we the team to beat in the NFC East?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
There hasn't been a repeat NFC East Champion in how long? There's your answer. The other 3 teams are the ones to beat and we have to accept our fate as last year's champions.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Even if we had a pulse in the off season and were void of controversy we would not be favourites considering no team in the East has repeated as Champions in the last 20 years

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We made zero effort to remain the division champs, and we aren't winning it this season. I don't know who is winning it, but it won't be us or the Giants. Nobody outside of our division circles us on the calandar anymore.
Just curious what you had predicted this team's record would be over the past 3 seasons. im guessing not once did you say they would win 12 games.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't expect the Cowboys to win the NFC East this year as there hasn't been a repeat NFC East Champion since 2004.

So unless Dallas can break a 20 year trend, another team will win the East. My only questions are:
  • Will the Eagles epic collapse in 2023 continue in 2024?
  • Does Dan Quinn motivate the Commanders enough to be contenders in the East?
  • Can the Giants overcome Daniel Jones and win the Division?
It will be an interesting year in 2024. The NFC East might not be a Top Division, but I expect it to be a dog fight for the Top Spot.

JMHO
no dog fight... the Cowboys clearly will go 2-15 this year, so that means it comes down to only 3 teams in the division.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
And then the playoffs hit

Week9-Reaction-PHI-DAL.webp

And then the off-season starts.

SackMaster

Reaction score
no dog fight... the Cowboys clearly will go 2-15 this year, so that means it comes down to only 3 teams in the division.
I doubt the Cowboys will go 2-15, but who knows, maybe every single important player gets injured and we get the top pick next year.

Stranger things have happened in the NFL.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys have less depth than last year, same issues as last year only with less experienced players, and a possibly harder schedule. The eaglets and wash both got better on paper. Taking a step back wouldn't exactly catch me by surprise at this point.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I doubt the Cowboys will go 2-15, but who knows, maybe every single important player gets injured and we get the top pick next year.

Stranger things have happened in the NFL.
cant you see it? It is so easy to see, especially when you read all of the experts in here telling us how much they stink.

SackMaster

Reaction score
cant you see it? It is so easy to see, especially when you read all of the experts in here telling us how much they stink.
"Experts" say all kinds of things. Doesn't mean you have to believe it.
:thumbup:

phildadon86

Reaction score
I mean as the reigning champs, sure.

But are we the best team, at least on paper right now? I'd say no. Philly collapsed last season but did everything in their power to significantly improve their roster and fix some clear weaknesses. We, as the division champs, basically did the bare minimum this offseason while our owners cried about being cap poor. You'd be hard pressed to find any unbiased observer/pundit that would claim right now that we have the better the roster and did more this offseason to address our clear needs.

Who knows what can happen come the 2024. Shoot, maybe the Commanders find lightning in a bottle and make a run.
Only thing that’s going to be funny is watching Hurts try and run Moores offense.

Philly on paper is the best in the division though.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Yes we are the team to beat in the NFC East.

The Eagles made a lot of moves...both in coaching and players. Are they better though? i don't think so.

They lost some of their best players...Kelce was an absolute problem in the middle of their line...they will regress there big time. Cox was one of their best players on defense. Reddick was their biggest pass rush threat and one of the better defenders in the league.

Scheme change on offense to Kellen "I pass pass pass" Moore. Remains to be seen what he can do with Hurts as his passing is what is his achilies.
Yea, but had our own losses to FA. Did we get better in coaching? I dont think Zimmer is better than Quinn, Mccarthy a lame duck. Cowboys have to hope their 2nd and 3rd round picks start producing, but history says otherwise

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We were the division champs last season. Everyone especially the media tends to paint the narrative that every move the teams in the NFC East are making, are to beat the Cowboys. Now we know these teams only play the cowboys twice, and they play whatever teams they have on their schedule. This can't only be about the Cowboys, or can it? Have we made enough moves to win the NFC East again? Please give your thoughts
NO..................... :banghead:

chicago JK

Reaction score
When was the last time there was a repeat champion in the NFC East? I would imagine that streak continues this year as well.

visionary

Reaction score
LOL No

Philly is loaded and will go as far as coaching and Hurts take them. Fangio is a great DC but Sirianni and Moore are idiots so unpredictable. Siriannis stupidity will work as long as they are winning

We are decent with good talent, QB play and coaching but prone to mistakes, undisciplined.

Wash is an unknown. They have a lot of talent and good coaching but rookie QB. No idea how it will play out

Giants are idiots. They are going to have the worst QBZ in the division

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Of course we are the team to beat. Philly was the team to beat last season; now it's us again.
The previous division winner is always the team to beat; doesn't mean we are the best team on paper.

Darkhound

Reaction score
We were the division champs last season. Everyone especially the media tends to paint the narrative that every move the teams in the NFC East are making, are to beat the Cowboys. Now we know these teams only play the cowboys twice, and they play whatever teams they have on their schedule. This can't only be about the Cowboys, or can it? Have we made enough moves to win the NFC East again? Please give your thoughts
With all due respect but are you dellusional?