Are we the team to beat in the NFC East?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bJssUlg.gif

One moment please. I am gathering my thoughts.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We were the division champs last season. Everyone especially the media tends to paint the narrative that every move the teams in the NFC East are making, are to beat the Cowboys. Now we know these teams only play the cowboys twice, and they play whatever teams they have on their schedule. This can't only be about the Cowboys, or can it? Have we made enough moves to win the NFC East again? Please give your thoughts
No.

Ok let me think that over....hmm

A big NO

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The 72 Dolphins were in the middle of a 5 years stretch where they were as good as any team in the NFL, including 3 straight SB appearances. I knew those 72 Dolphins, and the 2023 Eagles were not close to those Dolphins.
I never said Philly was close to the 72 Dolphins. :rolleyes: I gave an example that you don’t have to win in blowouts every week to be a championship team.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I never said Philly was close to the 72 Dolphins. :rolleyes: I gave an example that you don’t have to win in blowouts every week to be a championship team.
nobody wins in blowouts over and over and over... but they had several wins, including both against Washington that I viewed as extremely lucky to have won. I never felt they were that good, EVER. And it played out as they were much closer to the team I thought they were than any 10-1 team.

Ken

Reaction score
Only thing that’s going to be funny is watching Hurts try and run Moores offense.

Philly on paper is the best in the division though.
Why would you say they are the best on Paper?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
nobody wins in blowouts over and over and over... but they had several wins, including both against Washington that I viewed as extremely lucky to have won. I never felt they were that good, EVER. And it played out as they were much closer to the team I thought they were than any 10-1 team.
The NFL is very competitive and you have to find ways to win close games. Philly beat 5 playoff teams last season. SF lost 3 straight after destroying us. No one saw that coming. They were being blown out in the conference title game before coming back. You have to be a resilient team to be a championship caliber team. Not going to waste anymore time arguing an opinion.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Hurts has had 1 good season. Hold Hurts to the same standard people hold Dak to and wed all say he stinks. No way the Iggles win 12 games unless Hurts has a much better season.

The Eagles could have been8-9 EASILY last season.
If Dak made it all the way to the SB, the amount of Dak detractors here would decrease by 90%. That’s the 1 primary complaint about him

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak made it all the way to the SB, the amount of Dak detractors here would decrease by 90%.
:lmao2:

That is hilarious. The amount of Prescott critics would not decrease by even 50% if he helped Dallas win the Super Bowl.

morat1959

Reaction score
The Jones Boys are a 7-9 win team tops. This is the year it starts to unravel as far as being relevant in JJ’s eyes.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
On paper the Eagles are lapping the Cowboys. But it's way too early to tell on Wash or NYG.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We were the division champs last season. Everyone especially the media tends to paint the narrative that every move the teams in the NFC East are making, are to beat the Cowboys. Now we know these teams only play the cowboys twice, and they play whatever teams they have on their schedule. This can't only be about the Cowboys, or can it? Have we made enough moves to win the NFC East again? Please give your thoughts
Given teams in the NFC East don't tend to repeat as division champs I would say there is a better team in the division. I don't know if that's the philthy iggles or the commodes but it's not the NY gnats.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The NFL is very competitive and you have to find ways to win close games. Philly beat 5 playoff teams last season. SF lost 3 straight after destroying us. No one saw that coming. They were being blown out in the conference title game before coming back. You have to be a resilient team to be a championship caliber team. Not going to waste anymore time arguing an opinion.
better stop posting on the site then, because everyone one of all of our posts are noting more than opinions.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why would you say they are the best on Paper?
Simplistically, they likely have an edge, albeit one can argue small edge:

QB - Us, but I don't think the gap is as big as you think
RB - LOL
WR - Them. Yeah we have Lamb. They have Brown and Smith.
OL - Them.
TE - I mean if you are feeling frisky, call it a push but most pundits would say Goedert is better than Ferguson. But you can argue we are a deeper. So push

DL - Them, their DTs alone make this a non-comparison
LB - Push. We both have huge question marks and are counting on young players
CB - Us
S - With CJGJ back, it's closer than you think but I'll say us
K - Push.

3 for us
4 for them
3 pushes

But in the end, what's on paper doesn't always translate to the better team. Sirianni is weird and that collapse and his role in it are a big question mark.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
better stop posting on the site then, because everyone one of all of our posts are noting more than opinions.
I argue opinions all the time but I’m not going to spend all day with someone arguing an opinion. That’s my point. You gave your opinion of Philly last season and I gave mine and we disagree.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Just curious what you had predicted this team's record would be over the past 3 seasons. im guessing not once did you say they would win 12 games.
Actually, last season I did predict 11-12. This season I predict 4.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Considering it's over 4 months until the season opener, how do you realistically expect someone to answer that question?