Are you a Dak Hater, Dak Waffler or Dak Lover?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I follow this thinking. Pretty astute.
Dakota has had his struggles, the injuries, the family tragedies, etc. ( lots of us have our own personal "demons"). No doubt, he has the athleticism. Difference this year is we're watching his maturation and confidence grow with a new play caller. Go get 'em, Dak.
The real difference this year isn't so much Dak, as it is Mike McCarthy. Yes, Dak is playing better, but it's not like his talent level has changed. What has changed is the design of the offense, and how Dak is being coached better by McCarthy.

75boyz

Reaction score
If Dak stays consistently at this level well into the playoffs, he goes ahead of tony for me......it would be the EVIDENCE I need to change my opinion of him

I absolutely love his consistency right now and pray it continues so we can finally be relevant
Well said.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I have no issues with Dak's performance this season. Just not sure I want to pay a 30 YO QB a $60 million a year contract. Depends on how far he takes us into the playoffs.
If he was throwing picks like last year there'd be questions about his contract. He's playing like an MVP candidate. The Cowboys will absolutely extend him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the NFL is weak this season, aside from SF , none of the top teams seem like a SB team.
Dallas is one of the better ones though.
dak has been playing much better late in the season.
But with Dallas and the others no telling how this finishes up.

Dallas could easily take the division, and dependending on SF they have a shot at seed one.
I would like to see it come down to dallas and SF in the champ game, and I think it might

I dont mention the eagles, because without the last years dc and oc, they are just not a top team anymore.
siriani just showing he wasnt the great coach he thinks he is maybe andy reid too.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak’s been on this contract for a couple years yet they keep getting better. Hmmm…

And just for you, because youve said Dak sucks literally a hundred times.

He hasn't won anything so temper your excitement. When he wins something than you can get excited. We've seen him play lights out and crush Tampa and than craps the bed the next game. I'm the one that said it weeks ago that McCarthy has been working with him and you can see improvement especially with his footwork.
His footwork was garbage but looking good now. And yes he was sucking!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He hasn't won anything so temper your excitement. When he wins something than you can get excited. We've seen him play lights out and crush Tampa and than craps the bed the next game. I'm the one that said it weeks ago that McCarthy has been working with him and you can see improvement especially with his footwork.
His footwork was garbage but looking good now. And yes he was sucking!
He wasn’t sucking, Kellen Moores offense was sucking.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The real difference this year isn't so much Dak, as it is Mike McCarthy. Yes, Dak is playing better, but it's not like his talent level has changed. What has changed is the design of the offense, and how Dak is being coached better by McCarthy.
Precisely. :thumbup:

Blitzen

Reaction score
I only ask this question because before last years loss to San Fran I was one of the biggest Dak lovers known to man. I appreciated his leadership, his demeanor, as well skill-set he possessed. I would argue with dudes like @Risen Star but to no avail guys like him already proclaimed Dak will NEVER get it done. I fought tooth and nail to at least talk some sense into these non-believers but obviously I never got anywhere.

After Dak failed to deliver against San Fran and I saw the deer in the headlights look after being strangled by the niners I began to believe that maybe Dak did suffer from some metal problems that at the end of the day he might not be able to overcome when the chips are down. I knew that injuries, coaching and scheme played a big part and I was first to not be a fan of Kellen "the beaver" Moore, but I still let doubt creep in. I started to think maybe Dak really doesn't have the mental capabilities to rise up when needed.

fast forward to this season. As I watched Dak struggle some this year it became obvious that he was playing like Drew Bledsoe and was becoming a statue. The Dak that we all loved in his rookie season would take a few steps back and release the ball the open guy, it was almost like he was playing in the west coast offense from the moment he took the field. As time progressed he ran less and less and one of the most infuriating things for me to watch was his inability to actually step up in the pocket to avoid the rush while still hitting an open man. These seemed like things that all Qb's should be able to do but Dak just kept his eyes glued and starred down his receivers... Obviously this concept doesn't work for Dak and it's a recipee for disaster.

If what we're seeing right now is our Cowboys new reality when it comes to Dak, we might really be onto something here! Dak is now getting rid of the ball again to open man or buying time with his feet to find another. To my untrained eye, I have to say that Big Mike might be the only coach to have taught him something he can sink his teeth into. I want to believe in Dak, I really do, I think he is an awesome dude...

Signed,

Dak Lover turned Dak Waffler reincarted as a Dak believer
Cowboys’ fan. Dak observer and supporter. Don’t care who the Dallas QB is-just want ultimate success for the team.

If you say Dak won league MVP-I will say it pales in comparison to Super Bowl winner and MVP. I don’t care if he wins any or all the accolades in comparison to how much I want the Cowboys to win the SB. Too many on the board with an unhealthy obsession with the guy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Call him your favorite word...make Qcard proud of you.

lol
225-C7-F1-F-50-C3-4554-A0-BF-1883-B5-BECA08.gif