Are you a Dak Hater, Dak Waffler or Dak Lover?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know, I didn't really believe that until this year, but it is pretty obvious that there are a few (it really is a very, very small percentage of "fans") that do wish him to fail. I just can't imagine watching the game just played against the Eagles and hoping Dak does something to cost us the game just so I could get on this board and talk some ish about him.

It's kinda pathetic and I think a few of the original diehards are coming around. Definitely not all, but some.
Oh I agree. I've always suspected them to either be Eagles fans pretending to be Cowboy fans(why? I don't know why but they do it) or simply miserable people. I mean look at the tone of this site. Sure we are winning but the same trolls we had are nowhere to be found. I'm sure they are waiting for us to lose or for Dak to look bad.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I dont think the ones in the very very small % are actual Cowboys fans, as you can see they are not here during a great win week for "Their" team.
Right. Ain't that something lol? How many times have you seen those guys around here? There was one poster who at least came by to post what Cowerd would say negative about Dak..these guys have no purpose when the Cowboys win. Amazing.

starfan1

Reaction score
I love the cowboys and have for a very long time.Through that time Ive had players I liked more than others.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I only ask this question because before last years loss to San Fran I was one of the biggest Dak lovers known to man. I appreciated his leadership, his demeanor, as well skill-set he possessed. I would argue with dudes like @Risen Star but to no avail guys like him already proclaimed Dak will NEVER get it done. I fought tooth and nail to at least talk some sense into these non-believers but obviously I never got anywhere.

After Dak failed to deliver against San Fran and I saw the deer in the headlights look after being strangled by the niners I began to believe that maybe Dak did suffer from some metal problems that at the end of the day he might not be able to overcome when the chips are down. I knew that injuries, coaching and scheme played a big part and I was first to not be a fan of Kellen "the beaver" Moore, but I still let doubt creep in. I started to think maybe Dak really doesn't have the mental capabilities to rise up when needed.

fast forward to this season. As I watched Dak struggle some this year it became obvious that he was playing like Drew Bledsoe and was becoming a statue. The Dak that we all loved in his rookie season would take a few steps back and release the ball the open guy, it was almost like he was playing in the west coast offense from the moment he took the field. As time progressed he ran less and less and one of the most infuriating things for me to watch was his inability to actually step up in the pocket to avoid the rush while still hitting an open man. These seemed like things that all Qb's should be able to do but Dak just kept his eyes glued and starred down his receivers... Obviously this concept doesn't work for Dak and it's a recipee for disaster.

If what we're seeing right now is our Cowboys new reality when it comes to Dak, we might really be onto something here! Dak is now getting rid of the ball again to open man or buying time with his feet to find another. To my untrained eye, I have to say that Big Mike might be the only coach to have taught him something he can sink his teeth into. I want to believe in Dak, I really do, I think he is an awesome dude...

Signed,

Dak Lover turned Dak Waffler reincarted as a Dak believer
I don't love Dak or hate Dak because I don't know Dak. But, I bet his new baby mama can make some good waffles.

Why the hell would you ask this kind of question? I'm a Cowboy fan, not a Dak fan. smh

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Waffler, although he is playing a different brand of football right now.

Playoff success is what I want to see to become a true "believer".
so, lets do a what if scenario. Dak in the playoff, throws for 340 yards, 4 TDs, 0 interceptions, runs for another 25 yards, with 69% completion, we control TOP with 32 minutes and we lose the game on a last second field goal.

so are you a believer then?

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm a dak wait and see'er..we've all seen dak have great regular seasons,and I think he has played awesome...but, we've also seen the other end of that spectrum..my final judgment won't be decided until playoff time.
We can call ourselves "Wasee's"!!!!

1942willys

Reaction score
so, lets do a what if scenario. Dak in the playoff, throws for 340 yards, 4 TDs, 0 interceptions, runs for another 25 yards, with 69% completion, we control TOP with 32 minutes and we lose the game on a last second field goal.

so are you a believer then?
Not unlikely as until they prove different the boys still find ways to lose the playoff games.
IF Dak ups his playoff performance massively I would be happy to say he has arrived as Elite.

Flamma

Reaction score
I only ask this question because before last years loss to San Fran I was one of the biggest Dak lovers known to man. I appreciated his leadership, his demeanor, as well skill-set he possessed. I would argue with dudes like @Risen Star but to no avail guys like him already proclaimed Dak will NEVER get it done. I fought tooth and nail to at least talk some sense into these non-believers but obviously I never got anywhere.

After Dak failed to deliver against San Fran and I saw the deer in the headlights look after being strangled by the niners I began to believe that maybe Dak did suffer from some metal problems that at the end of the day he might not be able to overcome when the chips are down. I knew that injuries, coaching and scheme played a big part and I was first to not be a fan of Kellen "the beaver" Moore, but I still let doubt creep in. I started to think maybe Dak really doesn't have the mental capabilities to rise up when needed.

fast forward to this season. As I watched Dak struggle some this year it became obvious that he was playing like Drew Bledsoe and was becoming a statue. The Dak that we all loved in his rookie season would take a few steps back and release the ball the open guy, it was almost like he was playing in the west coast offense from the moment he took the field. As time progressed he ran less and less and one of the most infuriating things for me to watch was his inability to actually step up in the pocket to avoid the rush while still hitting an open man. These seemed like things that all Qb's should be able to do but Dak just kept his eyes glued and starred down his receivers... Obviously this concept doesn't work for Dak and it's a recipee for disaster.

If what we're seeing right now is our Cowboys new reality when it comes to Dak, we might really be onto something here! Dak is now getting rid of the ball again to open man or buying time with his feet to find another. To my untrained eye, I have to say that Big Mike might be the only coach to have taught him something he can sink his teeth into. I want to believe in Dak, I really do, I think he is an awesome dude...

Signed,

I guess I was a waffler that leaned towards not being too happy with him. What has changed my mind is not just because he's playing well. I've seen him play like this before. Just less consistently. What's changed my mind is taking a look at the rest of the QBs around the league. I know team means a lot. But when you find a QB that can throw the ball like this, what more can you ask for?

silvernblu

Reaction score

Signed,

Jilted lover coming back to give another chance.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I have no issues with Dak's performance this season. Just not sure I want to pay a 30 YO QB a $60 million a year contract. Depends on how far he takes us into the playoffs. As good as Dak is right now, I can't imag8ne he will ever live up to the size of an extended contract. Oh well that can be addressed after the season is over. I'm enjoying the ride for now.
Good news! Unless Jerry sells you team, you won't have to pay him a $60mm a year contract.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is like any other player to me. When he's bad he's bad, when he's good he's good.
It's really that simple.

Like when Bailey was money and then he wasn't. Is that waffling too?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good news! Unless Jerry sells you team, you won't have to pay him a $60mm a year contract.
So why are we even <here> then. Since it's not even our team it's Jerry's. Wgat does anything matter?
So no...not very clever try harder.