Are you a Dak Hater, Dak Waffler or Dak Lover?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm guilty of waffling. I wasn't happy with Dak, but he's played so well since the SF game. He's forced me to eat crow, and that's great, because it means we have a legit shot to win it all. Happy to eat crow for that.

plasticman

Reaction score
Are those the only three choices? there is no gray are?

I have been a Dak supporter from day #1 but that doesn't mean that I think he is perfect. However, with 8 years experience, I have seen him improve overall.

I have seen him blamed for circumstances completely beyond his control. Analysts don't care if three Pro Bowl O-linemen have been replaced by undrafted rookies. They don't care if he is still recovering from an injury. They don't care if an OC's gameplan is incompatible with Dak's strengths They don't care if the running game is a no-show and the opponent is playing the run every down.

I will always be a Dak fan and I completely support him unless they find someone that proves he is better. I don't support any player that is a true detriment to the team's goal of a championship.

One thing I will never do as a fan is treat players disrespectfully, call them names, or cuss them. Their skills may deteriorate but my memory won't. I won't remember a player for their last few years when they are not as effective, although I will hope for additional talent to that squad.

I sincerely don't understand how someone can actually hate a player on their team.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Dak needs to prove to me that he has the mental toughness to come through when it matters… I’m not optimistic.

Buffalo is a very good team… I think our streak ends Sunday.

If the Cowboys were a stock, I might sell them right here.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Dak Lover
I would add Romochoholic, A Carterite, Aikmanboy, Whitehousestaffer, Captain America flag Waver.
I love all my Qb's . I'm just not built to hate my teams players

Willie Beamen and all that think like him are just not people I rock with
I know he has the job but can he do the job?

Like it or not the job in Dallas is to win a SB.

QB's in Dallas are held to a higher standard
and I like it that way.

:popcorn:
BoolShizzle !!!!!!!! The Job in dallas is to win the Super Bowl BoolShizzle Talk about delusional !!!!!!!

No more than any other Team , Get over yourself !!!!!!!

Most Delusional Fans on Earth!!!!! Hands Down !!!!!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Waffler, although he is playing a different brand of football right now.

Playoff success is what I want to see to become a true "believer".
He's not just playing a different brand of football, he's playing great! We'll see how the post season goes, but there's no denying how good he's playing right now.
Seattle is a good team and the eagles are a very good team. They both went down.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He's not just playing a different brand of football, he's playing great! We'll see how the post season goes, but there's no denying how good he's playing right now.
Seattle is a good team and the eagles are a very good team. They both went down.

I think he’s been one of the three the best QBs in the NFL since the game at Philadelphia.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sounds like the ones with the mental problems are the haters, non-believers and doubters. Dak is proving every single one of you wrong. Also sounds like y'all are the ones too proud to admit y'all made a mistake by not believing or doubting Dak. You jumped off his bandwagon but now want to jump back on board, but for everyone to see is humiliating. Best to man up, admit you were wrong and stop doubting before it's too late. Do the right thing. Fully believe, fully support and admit you were wrong. Then you can jump back on board.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
A proud waffler here.
As we rush to proclaim him savior this season, it is prudent, lads, tha we realize we or Dak haven't won squat.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Dak Hopeful, best describes me.. Keep in mind I've been a Cowboys fan since the 1980's, even before Jerruh bought the team lol. I've seen Legendary Cowboys QB's like Staubach #12 ; D. White #11 ; Aikman #8 ** Lead their teams deep into the playoffs and to the Ultimate Goal: SUPER BOWLS. Danny White was considered a failure for never getting us to a Super Bowl, even though he led us to 3 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES. Can you imagine what it would be like if Dak led this team to ONE NFC Championship game?? Let alone 3 lol.. ** I respect Dak because he's gone through painful and gut-wrenching loss in his personal life, and he uses that as his fuel / motivation to succeed**.. He's been fantastic the last 6 games, but what we need from him is consistency and a deep playoff run.. Whether you like Dak or not, one thing is for sure, he's planning on proving a lot of people wrong.. Hopefully he will.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
I only ask this question because before last years loss to San Fran I was one of the biggest Dak lovers known to man. I appreciated his leadership, his demeanor, as well skill-set he possessed. I would argue with dudes like @Risen Star but to no avail guys like him already proclaimed Dak will NEVER get it done. I fought tooth and nail to at least talk some sense into these non-believers but obviously I never got anywhere.

After Dak failed to deliver against San Fran and I saw the deer in the headlights look after being strangled by the niners I began to believe that maybe Dak did suffer from some metal problems that at the end of the day he might not be able to overcome when the chips are down. I knew that injuries, coaching and scheme played a big part and I was first to not be a fan of Kellen "the beaver" Moore, but I still let doubt creep in. I started to think maybe Dak really doesn't have the mental capabilities to rise up when needed.

fast forward to this season. As I watched Dak struggle some this year it became obvious that he was playing like Drew Bledsoe and was becoming a statue. The Dak that we all loved in his rookie season would take a few steps back and release the ball the open guy, it was almost like he was playing in the west coast offense from the moment he took the field. As time progressed he ran less and less and one of the most infuriating things for me to watch was his inability to actually step up in the pocket to avoid the rush while still hitting an open man. These seemed like things that all Qb's should be able to do but Dak just kept his eyes glued and starred down his receivers... Obviously this concept doesn't work for Dak and it's a recipee for disaster.

If what we're seeing right now is our Cowboys new reality when it comes to Dak, we might really be onto something here! Dak is now getting rid of the ball again to open man or buying time with his feet to find another. To my untrained eye, I have to say that Big Mike might be the only coach to have taught him something he can sink his teeth into. I want to believe in Dak, I really do, I think he is an awesome dude...

Signed,

Dak Lover turned Dak Waffler reincarted as a Dak believer
Im a Dak Lover. But that doesnt mean I live with my head in the clouds either. Ive thought highly of him since he first became our starter. One of the things that stood out about Dak early on is the fact that you can plainly see this is a good kid. A stand up guy who tries to do the right thing. I want that in my QB to be honest. WHO YOU ARE as a person matters just as much if not more than who you are as an athlete. Its about LEADERSHIP. I just really think that McCarthy has been so good for Dak when it comes to being all he can be as a QB. The kid always had the talent and mental makeup. Now he FINALLY has the right coach to bring out the best version of himself he can be on the field. Coach Mac has done wonders for Dak,....but the talent was in fact always there.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not any of those, but I do know it is nice to every once in a while think back to the Eagles fans saying Wentz was better than Dak.
I like the cut of your jib, sir.

Your refusal to be pigeon-holed is admirable. Right there is some leadership!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im a Dak Lover. But that doesnt mean I live with my head in the clouds either. Ive thought highly of him since he first became our starter. One of the things that stood out about Dak early on is the fact that you can plainly see this is a good kid. A stand up guy who tries to do the right thing. I want that in my QB to be honest. WHO YOU ARE as a person matters just as much if not more than who you are as an athlete. Its about LEADERSHIP. I just really think that McCarthy has been so good for Dak when it comes to being all he can be as a QB. The kid always had the talent and mental makeup. Now he FINALLY has the right coach to bring out the best version of himself he can be on the field. Coach Mac has done wonders for Dak,....but the talent was in fact always there.
Do you have a QB in mind that ISN'T who he really is?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Dak Lover
I would add Romochoholic, A Carterite, Aikmanboy, Whitehousestaffer, Captain America flag Waver.
I love all my Qb's . I'm just not built to hate my teams players

Willie Beamen and all that think like him are just not people I rock with

BoolShizzle !!!!!!!! The Job in dallas is to win the Super Bowl BoolShizzle Talk about delusional !!!!!!!

No more than any other Team , Get over yourself !!!!!!!

Most Delusional Fans on Earth!!!!! Hands Down !!!!!
LOL A Carter-ite. That's a new one.

Role call for former Q-Boys of the world!!!

giphy.gif