Are you a Dak Hater, Dak Waffler or Dak Lover?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I have always been a Dak Lover. Guy was very unfairly maligned by the fan base. Remember he was a 4th rounder. His career has been remarkable considering that. I hit my Dak Lover trough vs SF this year. I am still a fan but need to see him do it in a big spot. I really want him to stick it to the haters.

johneric8

Reaction score
Sounds like the ones with the mental problems are the haters, non-believers and doubters. Dak is proving every single one of you wrong. Also sounds like y'all are the ones too proud to admit y'all made a mistake by not believing or doubting Dak. You jumped off his bandwagon but now want to jump back on board, but for everyone to see is humiliating. Best to man up, admit you were wrong and stop doubting before it's too late. Do the right thing. Fully believe, fully support and admit you were wrong. Then you can jump back on board.
I agree and as the starter of this thread I was admitting to having serious concerns and getting down on dak, but what I'm seeing now is an amazing turn around and I'm thrilled for all of us. We've all gotten down on friends and family at times and this is similar. Sometimes people redeem themselves. No shame in doubting as long as you are capable of praise.

johneric8

Reaction score
I don't love Dak or hate Dak because I don't know Dak. But, I bet his new baby mama can make some good waffles.

Why the hell would you ask this kind of question? I'm a Cowboy fan, not a Dak fan. smh
The question was not meant to be literal... I was exposing myself as someone who was getting close to wanting to move on from dak admitting I was pleasantly surprised with his turn around. I was curious if others could relate..

Hadenough

Reaction score
Teams like the Giants, Browns, Jets, Raiders, Patriots, Panthers, Steelers & Bears would take Dak in a heartbeat over their current QB's. They have some awful QB's.

If we move on from Dak and start throwing thrash out there like the Jets QB, we will truly get to experience awful quarterbacking. At that point, we will all realize that good QB's are very hard to come by. All in all, the Cowboys have been pretty lucky for the past 18 years or so. Can do much much worse than Romo & Dak.

Dak isn't perfect. But I will take him over any other QB not named Mahomes or Burrow.
You have to realize that at some point Daks salary will affect who this team can keep and who they can bring in as a FA. We see that happening with the Chiefs. They lost two starting tackles. They have lost WRs they have lost defenders. So the question becomes do you keep a very strong team and try and hit on half decent QB to keep things going or do you pay Dak, weaken the team and watch them struggle because Dak isn't surrounded by top teir talent. You see Dak can be very good but he needs that talent. I can tell you right now Parsons is going to be the highest paid defensive player ever.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I agree and as the starter of this thread I was admitting to having serious concerns and getting down on dak, but what I'm seeing now is an amazing turn around and I'm thrilled for all of us. We've all gotten down on friends and family at times and this is similar. Sometimes people redeem themselves. No shame in doubting as long as you are capable of praise.
Kudos to you my friend for admitting being wrong while rightfully now giving praise.

:thumbup:

RoboQB

Reaction score
I root for the team. I wish the QB well.

Many years ago, before internet and multi million dollar salaries,
Danny White led the Cowboys to 3 straight NFC Championship Games.
Dallas lost all three. White was loathed simply because he wasn't the
man he replaced, Roger Staubach.

So many have been labeled "Dak haters" for simply wanting him to reach
an NFC Championship Game and play well. It's ridiculous.

This is not some mid-level franchise excited for the team because they
happened to win more than they lost this year. This isn't Detroit or Cleveland.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I root for Cowboys players whether I think they're good or not. I root for Dak, even though I still question whether he can lead us to the football Promise Land. And I'll gladly eat crow if any player performs well enough to exceed my expectations, especially if that performance leads to wins and to the ultimate win of a Super Bowl Championship. :grin:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You have to realize that at some point Daks salary will affect who this team can keep and who they can bring in as a FA. We see that happening with the Chiefs. They lost two starting tackles. They have lost WRs they have lost defenders. So the question becomes do you keep a very strong team and try and hit on half decent QB to keep things going or do you pay Dak, weaken the team and watch them struggle because Dak isn't surrounded by top teir talent. You see Dak can be very good but he needs that talent. I can tell you right now Parsons is going to be the highest paid defensive player ever.
Dak’s been on this contract for a couple years yet they keep getting better. Hmmm…

And just for you, because youve said Dak sucks literally a hundred times.

johneric8

Reaction score
Kudos to you my friend for admitting being wrong while rightfully now giving praise.

:thumbup:
Thanks man. Yeah, I hated that I was losing faith in our QB, but I was seeing things with my eyes that really bothered me you know? I honestly believe that what were seeing is Big Mike firmly putting his system in place. I also find it interesting that Dak is playing similarly to Aaron Rodgers right now in terms of quick delivery and escaping pressure to dump the ball off... I recall Dak getting rid of the ball very fast his rookie season when he wasn't thinking much, I think he has taken that play to a new level which was not expected... I think Dak has to try other things to get back to what he does well and I'm glad Big Mike directed him.... It's so refreshing to have a real head coach after so many years of the freckled puppet..

75boyz

Reaction score
Was/am a hater based on the most basic of fundamental QB flaws that I perceived as not correctable.
Prior to this year he did not know how to consistently throw NFL accurately and consistently made poor decisions against better competition.

With all that said, McCarthy and Dak have definitely done something "this" year.
Could care less about anyone responding about his previous 7 years percentage completion crap.
He has never thrown the ball this consistently accurate.
Ever. And it ain't close.
The high, behind and in the dirt crap WAS a reality.

So, IF he can keep doing the same for the remainder of this year I could maybe be convinced to waffle into thinking that after 8 years he has in fact transformed himself into a consistently accurate pro passer at least for one year.

I need more post season proof to be convinced on the decision making part.

jmo

Toro9

Reaction score
I think he's a very good QB who can be inconsistent. Waffler, I guess.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys fan that includes the active roster. This obsession for or against Dak is ignorant.
Unfortunately, it did not begin with Prescott--nor will it end with him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I only ask this question because before last years loss to San Fran I was one of the biggest Dak lovers known to man. I appreciated his leadership, his demeanor, as well skill-set he possessed. I would argue with dudes like @Risen Star but to no avail guys like him already proclaimed Dak will NEVER get it done. I fought tooth and nail to at least talk some sense into these non-believers but obviously I never got anywhere.

After Dak failed to deliver against San Fran and I saw the deer in the headlights look after being strangled by the niners I began to believe that maybe Dak did suffer from some metal problems that at the end of the day he might not be able to overcome when the chips are down. I knew that injuries, coaching and scheme played a big part and I was first to not be a fan of Kellen "the beaver" Moore, but I still let doubt creep in. I started to think maybe Dak really doesn't have the mental capabilities to rise up when needed.

fast forward to this season. As I watched Dak struggle some this year it became obvious that he was playing like Drew Bledsoe and was becoming a statue. The Dak that we all loved in his rookie season would take a few steps back and release the ball the open guy, it was almost like he was playing in the west coast offense from the moment he took the field. As time progressed he ran less and less and one of the most infuriating things for me to watch was his inability to actually step up in the pocket to avoid the rush while still hitting an open man. These seemed like things that all Qb's should be able to do but Dak just kept his eyes glued and starred down his receivers... Obviously this concept doesn't work for Dak and it's a recipee for disaster.

If what we're seeing right now is our Cowboys new reality when it comes to Dak, we might really be onto something here! Dak is now getting rid of the ball again to open man or buying time with his feet to find another. To my untrained eye, I have to say that Big Mike might be the only coach to have taught him something he can sink his teeth into. I want to believe in Dak, I really do, I think he is an awesome dude...

Signed,

Dak Lover turned Dak Waffler reincarted as a Dak believer
I’m done with Dak.

We’ve seen this movie befor.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I am a Dak Indifferent. There are things he should be better at at this point in his career and most of it is technique and footwork if cleaned that up I think he can be a great QB. That being said he has played awesome in spite of his footwork issues.