Are You For Dak’s New Contract?

kskboys

Reaction score
Why do we act like Dak hasn’t already gotten a mega deal lol? We had no issue building good teams after signing him, in fact they’re better than most of the teams he had on his rookie deal.

You think we’re suddenly going to forget how to build a roster? Your post is acting as if Dak’s been on a cheap deal his whole career, he was the second highest paid QB at one point lol.
Yes we have. Our OL. One more good backup type would've made a world of difference. Need a starting RB. Need a #2 WR.

cowboybish

Reaction score
Yes we have. Our OL. One more good backup type would've made a world of difference. Need a starting RB. Need a #2 WR.
If we had traded a second round for Derrick Henry, this team would be a contender to win it all. Jerry didn’t even try. We may be a contender to win it all as it is, but don’t think we have the horses in the running back stable. Our window to win it All is this year… maybe next.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So let’s say he does play well, but we don’t make it to the championship round. instead of paying him the huge extension… Would you take two first round pics for him? If not, what do you think you could get for him?
Why do some Cowboy fans live in a fantasy world? Dak will not be traded. Trey Lance will not be our starter QB next year. Dak will be resigned and will be starting the next 2 to 5 years depending on his health.

Dak is in the MVP race and fans keep talking about if Dak plays well. Some of you need a reality check.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If we had traded a second round for Derrick Henry, this team would be a contender to win it all. Jerry didn’t even try. We may be a contender to win it all as it is, but don’t think we have the horses in the running back stable. Our window to win it All is this year… maybe next.
He didn't try and neither did any other team in the league because the contracts too big and the compensations too much...

are you kidding me a second rounder for a guy that age and now is a little bit injury prone and slowed down it would have been a dumb move and no you don't know that it would have made us an instant contender to win it all.... he was not a good fit because of his age and his contract now if he was released sure, you go get a guy like that...​
A much better option would have been after releasing Elliot after he cleared waivers and all that other crap ,they should have brought him back. And the storys that's all we're missing and if mike mccarthy really was using the guy correctly he should be using rico and hunter we don't even need a guy from the outside so you're very wrong has nothing to do with jerry some of these trade rumors and suggestions were just that most of them were not real Patrick Surtain, DeVante Adams, a bunch of these guys would not have fit here...​
so again you're one of those ones that I remember acting as if we did nothing at the trade deadline when most of those trade options were not there for the Cowboys they made zero sense against the cap and you don't use a second rounder that you can use next year on a really good young running back..​
On Derrick Henry, explain to me this where are the other contenders go get him you know who can use a running back like him, I don't know you tell me but they didn't go the trades never happened the Titans never were serious about letting him go you don't know went on behind the scenes...​

Here's what front office people and GM's and scouts know that you don't know they know exactly what the Titans wanted for him and there was no reason to go after him because he wasn't worth what they were asking for and the second round pick would have been dumb how much more emphatic can I be do I need to put it in capital letters no way I would have gave up more than 1/4 for for him with his contract and his age no especially the way our offensive line has been blocking and the way Mike McCarthy's been using Tony Pollard and short yardage instead of Rico and hunter it just wouldn't have been here it made zero sense at that cost NOPE...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So let’s say he does play well, but we don’t make it to the championship round. instead of paying him the huge extension… Would you take two first round pics for him? If not, what do you think you could get for him?
He’s not going anywhere. Look up the meaning of insanity.

erod

Reaction score
The problem is, there's very little choice either way.

Never has the QB position in the NFL this been this awful. There's none to draft; there's none available in free agency. They all absolutely suck.

Tom Brady described it perfectly.

cowboybish

Reaction score
He didn't try and neither did any other team in the league because the contracts too big and the compensations too much...

are you kidding me a second rounder for a guy that age and now is a little bit injury prone and slowed down it would have been a dumb move and no you don't know that it would have made us an instant contender to win it all.... he was not a good fit because of his age and his contract now if he was released sure, you go get a guy like that...​
A much better option would have been after releasing Elliot after he cleared waivers and all that other crap ,they should have brought him back. And the storys that's all we're missing and if mike mccarthy really was using the guy correctly he should be using rico and hunter we don't even need a guy from the outside so you're very wrong has nothing to do with jerry some of these trade rumors and suggestions were just that most of them were not real Patrick Surtain, DeVante Adams, a bunch of these guys would not have fit here...​
so again you're one of those ones that I remember acting as if we did nothing at the trade deadline when most of those trade options were not there for the Cowboys they made zero sense against the cap and you don't use a second rounder that you can use next year on a really good young running back..​
On Derrick Henry, explain to me this where are the other contenders go get him you know who can use a running back like him, I don't know you tell me but they didn't go the trades never happened the Titans never were serious about letting him go you don't know went on behind the scenes...​

Here's what front office people and GM's and scouts know that you don't know they know exactly what the Titans wanted for him and there was no reason to go after him because he wasn't worth what they were asking for and the second round pick would have been dumb how much more emphatic can I be do I need to put it in capital letters no way I would have gave up more than 1/4 for for him with his contract and his age no especially the way our offensive line has been blocking and the way Mike McCarthy's been using Tony Pollard and short yardage instead of Rico and hunter it just wouldn't have been here it made zero sense at that cost NOPE...
Much of what you say makes absolute sense, but Super Bowl windows are only open for short periods of time. Yes, a second round pick is high but we’ve made bad second round pics in the past. there is no guarantee that we will be in the playoffs and they contender next year. We probably will but there is no guarantee. Yes we could use the second round pick for a young running back next year but again the window of opportunity is now. I’d give up a second round pick for two for this year and next year for a back who just ripped off a 22 yard touchdown run last week. In the playoffs, we need a running game to control the clock and I don’t believe we have one currently.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why do some Cowboy fans live in a fantasy world? Dak will not be traded. Trey Lance will not be our starter QB next year. Dak will be resigned and will be starting the next 2 to 5 years depending on his health.

Dak is in the MVP race and fans keep talking about if Dak plays well. Some of you need a reality check.
It’s very interesting to see the stupidity of many posters here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The problem is, there's very little choice either way.

Never has the QB position in the NFL this been this awful. There's none to draft; there's none available in free agency. They all absolutely suck.

Tom Brady described it perfectly.
5 or 6 QB’s mocked to go in the first round in April. Are YOU a scout?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Much of what you say makes absolute sense, but Super Bowl windows are only open for short periods of time. Yes, a second round pick is high but we’ve made bad second round pics in the past. there is no guarantee that we will be in the playoffs and they contender next year. We probably will but there is no guarantee. Yes we could use the second round pick for a young running back next year but again the window of opportunity is now. I’d give up a second round pick for two for this year and next year for a back who just ripped off a 22 yard touchdown run last week. In the playoffs, we need a running game to control the clock and I don’t believe we have one currently.
No the point is he is no longer that type of running back you cannot give up that kind of compensation for he is not McCaffrey who is somewhat still in his prime and as long as he stays healthy he can give you 1000 and 1000 that's the kind of back you trade higher compensation for this one is not he's averaging 4.3 yards per carry and again in behind this offensive line I do not think he would even get to that and right now Tony Pollard is averaging 4.1 the only difference between them two this year and production is Henry's had 37 more carries for 100 more yards that's it that is basically one games worth the extra carries but not doing much else nothing explosive I mean I get why you would want him on the team but you have to understand no a second round pick would have been absolute nonsense you can't do it you are still living the Madden world Jerry is smart to not have done that trade..

If they truly believe the windows open now they should have brought back zeke after they cut him cleared waivers he would have been just fine however we gotta keep going back to this Mike McCarthy seems to be unwilling to use Rico and hunter and eye formations in short yardage this offensive line is not moving the trenches they are not opening holes and they're not using Tony Pollard in the right way and yet if they're not willing to use Rico and hunter why would you think they would use fournette or Henry??

I have to believe the thought process in not getting a big running back like those two was because they do believe they have that on this roster and somehow some way they will start using more pro style and I formations as the season progresses and maybe it's something they've had in their bag they've been practicing and they haven't brought it out yet but they absolutely need it and I believe it's here I believe Jerry is correct because Rico runs with reckless abandon at times he has a lot of energy he has a little bit more power and then an I formation and short yardage why are we not using hunter?? We're talking about five or six different plays a game using those guys would have some of this conversations go away because I don't believe this version of Henry on this particular team in this offense would have helped much at all...

Again if the Titans would have been more willing to give him up for a fourth rounder this year maybe a fifth round or the following year I think Jerry would have done that they literally were not wanting to trade him so much that they wanted the second rounder and nobody thought he was worth that, not one team...

cowboybish

Reaction score
No the point is he is no longer that type of running back you cannot give up that kind of compensation for he is not McCaffrey who is somewhat still in his prime and as long as he stays healthy he can give you 1000 and 1000 that's the kind of back you trade higher compensation for this one is not he's averaging 4.3 yards per carry and again in behind this offensive line I do not think he would even get to that and right now Tony Pollard is averaging 4.1 the only difference between them two this year and production is Henry's had 37 more carries for 100 more yards that's it that is basically one games worth the extra carries but not doing much else nothing explosive I mean I get why you would want him on the team but you have to understand no a second round pick would have been absolute nonsense you can't do it you are still living the Madden world Jerry is smart to not have done that trade..

If they truly believe the windows open now they should have brought back zeke after they cut him cleared waivers he would have been just fine however we gotta keep going back to this Mike McCarthy seems to be unwilling to use Rico and hunter and eye formations in short yardage this offensive line is not moving the trenches they are not opening holes and they're not using Tony Pollard in the right way and yet if they're not willing to use Rico and hunter why would you think they would use fournette or Henry??

I have to believe the thought process in not getting a big running back like those two was because they do believe they have that on this roster and somehow some way they will start using more pro style and I formations as the season progresses and maybe it's something they've had in their bag they've been practicing and they haven't brought it out yet but they absolutely need it and I believe it's here I believe Jerry is correct because Rico runs with reckless abandon at times he has a lot of energy he has a little bit more power and then an I formation and short yardage why are we not using hunter?? We're talking about five or six different plays a game using those guys would have some of this conversations go away because I don't believe this version of Henry on this particular team in this offense would have helped much at all...

Again if the Titans would have been more willing to give him up for a fourth rounder this year maybe a fifth round or the following year I think Jerry would have done that they literally were not wanting to trade him so much that they wanted the second rounder and nobody thought he was worth that, not one team...
I guess we’ll just have to wait and see

DuncanIso

Reaction score

there a lot of reasons why Dak is going to be leaving us soon.

can't win big games

no pro bowls since 2018

He's never been MVP and wont this year. Purdy will be the MVP.

Due 60 million next season. Without a Super Bowl, is this even reasonable???

We have the kid phenom now. why worry about Dak in 2024?

Chasing6

Reaction score
So every team that does not win the Super Bowl should trade or cut their QB?

The way Dallas is managing their team is to try to be a consistent contender each and every year. If your philosophy is to go all in and then tear down and rebuild, then yes it is a small window. That is not the approach Dallas is taking.

Toro9

Reaction score
We're probably not gonna do much better than Dak for the next 5 years. Roll with you got

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dallas is not taking the all in approach. They want long term success moving forward.

Chasing6

Reaction score
there a lot of reasons why Dak is going to be leaving us soon.

can't win big games

no pro bowls since 2018

He's never been MVP and wont this year. Purdy will be the MVP.

Due 60 million next season. Without a Super Bowl, is this even reasonable???

We have the kid phenom now. why worry about Dak in 2024?
100% guaranteed Dak is back next year. Get used to it. I don't care if he makes the Pro Bowl or wins the MVP. I would prefer that he does not win it. If he wins he will have even more negotiating power.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
100% guaranteed Dak is back next year. Get used to it. I don't care if he makes the Pro Bowl or wins the MVP. I would prefer that he does not win it. If he wins he will have even more negotiating power.
He won’t win.

Never has.

Hope I’m wrong.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
To be fair, we didn’t have the cap space.