Are You For Dak’s New Contract?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don't give someone top pay because he was able to beat up on terrible teams over a 1 month period. I know that's exactly what Jerry will do, and if he does they will deserve to go through another 10 years of nothing.
I agree, but it's what they do, they get excited by stuff like this, the same stuff we see every year

kskboys

Reaction score
Depends on who we get matched up with. We just watched the 49ers blowout the #1 seed eagles. We are not a better team than them. If we win wildcard and then unfortunately get matched up with niners in divisional then I can’t blame him for losing against that star studded team. Especially if they run through us and Philly both on the way to the superbowl
Which means we need more cap room to catch up. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yup it's all about the details. I didn't like his current contract, too high aav with no way out and 2 dead years built in already. No point in keeping Dak if they can't/ won't build around him due to few cap dollars.
Exactly.

I think he gets cut in March. Post June cut.

They save tons of $$$ in the cap.

Roll out Lance and draft a RB in the 1st.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I mean if he finishes the season playing like this, how can you not resign him?

But it's going to be iffy if he hits a rough patch, like he has before, especially in the playoffs, for me to justify handing him what might be the largest QB extension in football history.
If he wins a Super Bowl for Jerry, Dak will be rewarded with much $$$.

Otherwise....

Lance.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They could hope to land a high end QB also. It’s not like Cincinnati was some powerhouse before Burrow. Some of you are too addicted to being a bridesmaid to the point it’s between bridesmaid or dysfunctional prostitute. The fact that Purdy is playing as well as he is proves teams must establish high end lines of scrimmage and they can make do with okay talent.
Purdy proves how lucky teams must be unless you get the top 3 pick and land a stud prospect QB. The Niners had no clue what they were doing with Purdy. People belittle what Purdy is doing by saying he has so much talent around him..... well Lance had that same "Talent," nd he was pathetic. Just look around the league at the DOZEN or more teams in QB purgatory and have been for some time now. That is far more likely to be our fate vs landing a Purdy worthy QB by luck.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Look at the teams of QBs that get monster contracts and see how they do. A guy like Mahomes, for all his greatness is impressively, yet barely, keeping his team above water with a wasteland of cast-off WRs and a long in the tooth TE.

That's our future if Dak gets a mega deal. Except the Chiefs have Mahomes and we will have Dak.
Barely above water? Remind me, what is the Chiefs record 6-7?????

aikemirv

Reaction score
Depends on who we get matched up with. We just watched the 49ers blowout the #1 seed eagles. We are not a better team than them. If we win wildcard and then unfortunately get matched up with niners in divisional then I can’t blame him for losing against that star studded team. Especially if they run through us and Philly both on the way to the superbowl
Yep even a great game from Dak does not mean we beat the 49's. They are that good. A good game from him last year would have beaten them. He is getting 50-60 million I think and we need line help to compete with them!

aikemirv

Reaction score
I will bet you 1,000 dollars right now that you are wrong and Dak will have a new deal prior to the start of next season. Keep in mind, I am not a bettor.
Yep, no way in the world Jerry risk the chance of being in the toilet with a young QB!

erod

Reaction score
Not until he shows he can play against a legit contender in a playoff game.

He's 30 and this is his 8th season, and he's been really poor in big moments like that to date.

If he does it this year in the playoffs, then absolutely extend him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Purdy proves how lucky teams must be unless you get the top 3 pick and land a stud prospect QB. The Niners had no clue what they were doing with Purdy. People belittle what Purdy is doing by saying he has so much talent around him..... well Lance had that same "Talent," nd he was pathetic. Just look around the league at the DOZEN or more teams in QB purgatory and have been for some time now. That is far more likely to be our fate vs landing a Purdy worthy QB by luck.
Lance broke his ankle.

blueblood70

Reaction score
For or against huh how about this is this like a go fund me page I mean do you are you guys deciding whether Prescott gets paid or not and are you divvying up the cash so it's coming out of your pocket so now it has to be debated whether you should allow him to stay on this team are you guys last name Jones??

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly.

I think he gets cut in March. Post June cut.

They save tons of $$$ in the cap.

Roll out Lance and draft a RB in the 1st.
I think that is plan b or c. I 10000% believe they try to get a deal done 1st. Maybe Lance is their leverage in getting a team friendly deal who knows.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Barely above water? Remind me, what is the Chiefs record 6-7?????
They are 8-4 but anyone who has actually been watching them can see that they are struggling, especially on offense, and are in a tight battle for seeding. That's not a position they've been in in recent years.

817Gill

Reaction score
Look at the teams of QBs that get monster contracts and see how they do. A guy like Mahomes, for all his greatness is impressively, yet barely, keeping his team above water with a wasteland of cast-off WRs and a long in the tooth TE.

That's our future if Dak gets a mega deal. Except the Chiefs have Mahomes and we will have Dak.
Why do we act like Dak hasn’t already gotten a mega deal lol? We had no issue building good teams after signing him, in fact they’re better than most of the teams he had on his rookie deal.

You think we’re suddenly going to forget how to build a roster? Your post is acting as if Dak’s been on a cheap deal his whole career, he was the second highest paid QB at one point lol.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They are 8-4 but anyone who has actually been watching them can see that they are struggling, especially on offense, and are in a tight battle for seeding. That's not a position they've been in in recent years.
I watch them... and they dont look all that different than the Eagles. Their defense is outstanding and offense playing so so.

rambo2

Reaction score
Depends how this season finishes. Minimum of a NFCCG appearance for me. Another 1 and done isn't acceptable.
They will be favored to win the 1st playoff game. 1 and done isn't likely.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So there is talk of extending and giving Dak a new contract. Are you for this or against this?
Sorry, but there are too many unknowns still to answer that question. Show me how this season ends and how Dak plays. Then show me the contract. Are the dollar figures and timeframe amenable to both parties?