Are You For Dak’s New Contract?

Adreme

Reaction score
You are ok signing a guy who wins one playoff game every year? As I said if he wins a couple of games or more you sign him. Some players hit a wall. If thats Dak why keep trying yo win when he cant do it. It would be stupid
Wins are not and never have been a QB stat. They are a team stat. Teams win and lose playoff games. When a team wins or loses, it does not mean every plus great or terrible.

What it does mean though is you look at the total body of work and see who is responsible most for the wins/losses and either extend or replace. This is a less fun soundbite but more accurate way to build a good team.

lopey

Reaction score
Wins are not and never have been a QB stat. They are a team stat. Teams win and lose playoff games. When a team wins or loses, it does not mean every plus great or terrible.

What it does mean though is you look at the total body of work and see who is responsible most for the wins/losses and either extend or replace. This is a less fun soundbite but more accurate way to build a good team.
I don’t agree. The great qbs elite qbs win games
If dak wants elite money he needs to find ways to win big games

Adreme

Reaction score
I don’t agree. The great qbs elite qbs win games
If dak wants elite money he needs to find ways to win big games
You put Mahomes on the Cardinals and they don’t get to 5 wins. Does that make him a bad QB? The same is true of the Patriots.

The reason is that these are bad teams. Did Brady become terrible for 3 years then remember how to play again in Tampa? No he just had a better team around him. This is because wins are not and never have been a QB stat anymore than wins are a G stat or a K stat.

lopey

Reaction score
You put Mahomes on the Cardinals and they don’t get to 5 wins. Does that make him a bad QB? The same is true of the Patriots.

The reason is that these are bad teams. Did Brady become terrible for 3 years then remember how to play again in Tampa? No he just had a better team around him. This is because wins are not and never have been a QB stat anymore than wins are a G stat or a K stat.
its not 100 on qb i agree but with a good team elite qbs win games the team shouldn’t. Dak won that game against Seattle imo. D was atrocious but he played great. If he keeps that up he will get his money.

Bagman

Reaction score
Dak loses big games.

No Pro Bowls since 2018?

p

I have no problem blaming him for not being able to beat the 9ers. If you want top pay and want to prove to everyone that you not only deserve it and want to be in the discussions for MVP, you find a way to beat them. End of story.

No excuses

Yep, the performance is more important than the result. That's the disappointment with the two play-off loses to the 9ers, not the defeat, but that we/he doesn't appear to have that ice cold winning mentality (which came out again in this years Eagles loss).
You mean that ice cold winning mentality that shredded Philly for 380 yds with horrible pass protection and a Oline that crapped in their pants the final drive.

Bagman

Reaction score

Unfortunately you can't get that through some people's thick skulls. They have an agenda and will not be persuaded.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t think y’all understand how the league works. You don’t go all in and sign all-pro players with no QB. Why would you pay big money to elite players without them having even a chance to be competitive?

Unless there’s a clear and obvious QB upgrade (there rarely is), you don’t sign Micah and Ceedee just to roll out an unproven or flat out bad QB. If you’re not re-signing Dak then you don’t re-sign anyone. You trade away all the big name high money guys and blow it up. Collect a bunch of draft capital and cap space and try to move up for a top QB and sign some FA’s once that’s done.

You can’t mix blowing it up and contending, they’re two completely different strategies. Makes absolutely no sense to sign your top players without a proven QB to steer the ship.
Maybe....

As I recall Dak came in as a rookie on a loaded offense. Most will agree it helped him tremendously.

blueblood70

Reaction score
To me, the whole “pro-Dak”, “anti-Dak“ argument is not only exhausting, IMO it also fundamentally misses the most important thing for me- winning. I’m pro-winning and I’m for whoever gives us the best chance to win playoff games now and in the near future. You can’t even compete for a SB these days without a good QB. Doesn’t have to be HOFer, but you can’t win a Lombardi without at least a solid QB.

If we want to win NOW, Having a known good QB is infinitely better than rolling the dice with a complete wild card unknown (like Lance) or a drafted college stud who has at best 50% chance of ever being good. Why roll the dice with an unknown? Finding even a decent QB in this league is so hard, that alone is what is driving the QB market to be so high. It is just the cost of being competitive in the NFL today,

As it stands right now, Dak is easily a top ten QB in this league who is playing at a very high level. Do I think he’s in the Mahomes stratosphere? No. Do I think he can carry a team by himself? No. Do I believe he can lead a team to multiple playoff wins? Yes. But not by himself. It will take a team playing well, not just the QB.

And I don’t care about the cap anymore. Teams winning SBs these days are led by a front office that finds creative ways to make the cap work. We can too.
:hammer:

Chasing6

Reaction score
It all depends on what I want. If I want to win a SB Dak is outta here. If it's all about business and just being competitive sure sign him. The NFL is entertainment and Dak puts people in the stands. But they should consider letting some of these players walk to make room for Dak. Parsons and Lamb and Diggs and throw in Bland and Lawrence. Because if the sign those guys this team will have guys on the street for depth.
Welcome to the NFL. They have a salary cap for a reason. Cowboys have decided to try to be competitive every year vs going all in and then have to rebuild.

Slick

Reaction score
Why would dak be responsible for how far we go?
He is one of 53 players.
If we lose in the playoffs and he plays well,I am cool with him.
Same as Romo, he can single handily throw an ill advised INT and lose the game. The other 52 players aren’t involved is some of his stupid decisions. He can also not see wide open players to win.

btgboys41

Reaction score
I’m good with extending even right now if the ask is not top dollar that sets a new league high. I would prefer to hear and see him support the notion of sacrificing some for the good of continuing to build the team and especially its depth.

If he’s hell bent on setting the market, then no way.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You are ok signing a guy who wins one playoff game every year? As I said if he wins a couple of games or more you sign him. Some players hit a wall. If thats Dak why keep trying yo win when he cant do it. It would be stupid
So you’re saying the reason they haven’t made it to the NFCCG game is solely because of Dak? No other player(s)? No coaches?

lopey

Reaction score
So you’re saying the reason they haven’t made it to the NFCCG game is solely because of Dak? No other player(s)? No coaches?
He is the qb and the biggest reason they haven’t. He stunk against sf last year. If he takes them to the nfccg i will give him most of the credit. Comes with the territory

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is the qb and the biggest reason they haven’t. He stunk against sf last year. If he takes them to the nfccg i will give him most of the credit. Comes with the territory
Thanks for exposing your deep lack of football knowledge.