Are You For Dak’s New Contract?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It all depends on what I want. If I want to win a SB Dak is outta here. If it's all about business and just being competitive sure sign him. The NFL is entertainment and Dak puts people in the stands. But they should consider letting some of these players walk to make room for Dak. Parsons and Lamb and Diggs and throw in Bland and Lawrence. Because if the sign those guys this team will have guys on the street for depth.
By this logic, Mahomes is the only QB in the league you should pay lol

So ridiculous.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It all depends on what I want. If I want to win a SB Dak is outta here. If it's all about business and just being competitive sure sign him. The NFL is entertainment and Dak puts people in the stands. But they should consider letting some of these players walk to make room for Dak. Parsons and Lamb and Diggs and throw in Bland and Lawrence. Because if the sign those guys this team will have guys on the street for depth.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I would say NO move on

no-no-no-icegif.gif

Bagman

Reaction score
If you can guarantee that we will immediately replace Dak with someone BETTER, don't resign him. But in reality, there aren't many guys in the league both better and available. There's no reason to take 2-3 steps back with a inferior QB. That's why I want them to re-up Dak. We're a damn good team with him. I only want to get better, not worse.

lopey

Reaction score
So there is talk of extending and giving Dak a new contract. Are you for this or against this?
Id like to see his playoff performance. Been his achilles heal He wins a couple games or better sign him for sure

aikemirv

Reaction score
It’s just silly lol. We’ve also shown we can build competitive teams with a high priced QB. We just need to make one or two more moves as a FO in order to be a dominant all-in team.

People taking responsibility away from FO’s makes no sense to me. Since when do they have no pressure to make cap moves and bring in guys? It’s all doable, just need an aggressive and calculated FO.

We’re there draft wise and do a good job of finding bargains here and there in FA or trade market. We just need to make a realistic splash or two per season to take us over the edge.
I will just say not really because the two centerpieces around Dak are CD and Parsons who are yet to be paid. We just got fortunate with Parsons who makes the whole D work even on his rookie deal.

lopey

Reaction score
The number of fair weather fans here continues to astound me.
You are ok signing a guy who wins one playoff game every year? As I said if he wins a couple of games or more you sign him. Some players hit a wall. If thats Dak why keep trying yo win when he cant do it. It would be stupid

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Every thread you’re in being your usual negative self. Get out more and enjoy life. Maybe you wouldn’t be so miserable all the time. Cowboys are 9-3 and on a roll and all you can do is *****. :facepalm:
I love life. I have a great one, but thank you for your concern, it's touching.

Nothing about this team impacts my actual happiness in life in a negative way.

And fwiw, I've actually praised Daks play for the past several weeks, but I will still call things as I see it, as I did in this thread. If you don't see it the way I do, that's not a concern of mine either.

rambo2

Reaction score
With Dak playing like he has been this year. He can win a Super Bowl or 2.

rambo2

Reaction score
You are ok signing a guy who wins one playoff game every year? As I said if he wins a couple of games or more you sign him. Some players hit a wall. If thats Dak why keep trying yo win when he cant do it. It would be stupid
Thinking that Dak can't do it may be stupid.

Jstopper

Reaction score
Which means we need more cap room to catch up. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Too late for all that. That’s why it’s best to go all in while qb is on rookie contract. Once they’ve shown to be a franchise guy they are gonna get paid, that’s just how it goes. Dak gonna get franchise money and we’re gonna have to maximize the talent on the team with what’s left

Bagman

Reaction score
He hasn't proved anything yet against a high caliber team or in post season so against.
He had a all-time great type of POST SEASON game just last year on the road against Tampa Bay, who had a pretty good defense. But it doesn't count because....well......it doesn't fit the argument

Jstopper

Reaction score
I have no problem blaming him for not being able to beat the 9ers. If you want top pay and want to prove to everyone that you not only deserve it and want to be in the discussions for MVP, you find a way to beat them. End of story.

No excuses.
This logic is very foolish