Are You For Dak’s New Contract?

Blitzen

Reaction score
bahahhahaha...... Mahomes got killed because he could hardly walk.

And yes, I am very QB Centric.

Bengals sucked, got Burrow, bam SB appearance.
Bucs sucked, got Brady, won SB
Chiefs were nothing more than a 1 and done low end quality team NEVER gonna win a SB. Got Mahomes, pow.
Houston was picked to be one of the worst teams in the league, got a stud QB pow, likely making playoffs this year.
Colts sucked, got manning and win SB, Manning goes away they had Luck, still solid.. no qb, they suck.
Denver sucked, got Manning, win a SB
Steelers have big Ben, SB contenders every year. Ben goes away, they suck.
Saints...... see above.

i can play this game all day long. Coach can come and go... makes no difference. See Cowher and Tomlin, Seifert and Walsh, Jimmy and Switzer.... come back and we can play some more. Works in reverse also. Seifer was HOF worthy coach all time highest win % in NFL history. Went to Carolina and must have hit his head during the flight cross country, because he clearly forgot how to coach in Carolina.

Rivera was COY worthy with MVP Cam Newton as his QB, goes to Washington with no qb and hes about to get fired.
Oh good-you are making the point that those teams do not win those big playoff games without those great QB’s. So conversely, when they lose you blame those QB’s or other players?

Mahomes got killed because his starting tackles were out. Reid said as much and then proved it by revamping their entire line through trades and the draft. The Steelers are just mediocre. Good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to advance. That sounds familiar-maybe they could use their half of fame QB back to improve their postseason chances. Chiefs could always make the postseason with Alex Smith, but decided they wanted more than his 1-4 record gave them(also sounds pretty familiar).

Sounds like you’re trying to convince me that the reason these teams could sometimes knock on the door but not get the deal done was because they were missing a hall of fame QB. So, you are arguing that the Cowboys need a hall of fame QB and cannot seal the deal with Dak-you are against resigning him then?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So you were wasting time while complaining about wasting time. Makes perfect sense.
every time we come here it is a "Waste of time." I wasnt complaining about it... just stating Dak and an extension is a done deal. It is like arguing about who will win Super Bowl 12.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Oh good-you are making the point that those teams do not win those big playoff games without those great QB’s. So conversely, when they lose you blame those QB’s or other players?

Mahomes got killed because his starting tackles were out. Reid said as much and then proved it by revamping their entire line through trades and the draft. The Steelers are just mediocre. Good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to advance. That sounds familiar-maybe they could use their half of fame QB back to improve their postseason chances. Chiefs could always make the postseason with Alex Smith, but decided they wanted more than his 1-4 record gave them(also sounds pretty familiar).

Sounds like you’re trying to convince me that the reason these teams could sometimes knock on the door but not get the deal done was because they were missing a hall of fame QB. So, you are arguing that the Cowboys need a hall of fame QB and cannot seal the deal with Dak-you are against resigning him then?
So go back and look when Manning, Mahomes, Brady, Ben... look at the years they didnt win the SB. Who do you think WAS winning the SB?

Blitzen

Reaction score
So go back and look when Manning, Mahomes, Brady, Ben... look at the years they didnt win the SB. Who do you think WAS winning the SB?
Like I said. You are making the argument that you need a hall of fame QB to win the SB or compete consistently for them.

That’s not Dak, so the only reason to re sign him is to avoid down years looking for a suitable replacement. I don’t care about the marketability of the team. I’m a fan. We want the best chance to win a Super Bowl. Give a guy 5-6 years to show their ability in the playoffs, if it doesn’t work and they don’t have an upward trajectory-just try the next guy.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
every time we come here it is a "Waste of time." I wasnt complaining about it... just stating Dak and an extension is a done deal. It is like arguing about who will win Super Bowl 12.
If you say so..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm for Dak or any player getting the contract that their bosses feel they deserve. I'm only involved in being a fan -- that's my only interest. Whether Dak gets more or less than he deserves is none of my business. Being a fan doesn't entitle me to govern any NFL player's wages. (jmho.)

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
You haven't noticed that he is one of the top qbs in the game today?
No i havent. Just because he is not.

Of course you can always pick some stats for you to show a different picture. Question is after all: Is the interpretation of the stats right?

The NFL is distributed by statistics. Every week the media finds another record that is broken etc. Thats part of the NFLs business plan. It gives the viewer the feeling that he is part of something greater. That he or she was part of history. But do these records really have a meaning for a game or a player? Does they say something about his accomplishement? That it was hard to achieve, that he is a good player? No. They are just a marketing gag.

For instance the record CD broke: 4 150+ (or something) games. Never happend. Yeah ok. Have you ever heard of that record feat before ? No. Because it was created just because it sounded good. Next week they will find another record that will be broken.

Its a league of entertainement. And throwing around some stats are entertaining for the (casual) viewer. They create one of the most important things in todays asocial media like twitter or else: a emotianlly driven controversy. A discussion with only emotions envolved means hyping their product.

Fundamentaly those stats are meaningless. They are way to simplified to have any kind of deeper expressiveness.

QBR etc are all way to simplyfied to have any kind of meaning. Else you wouldnt need to pay a lot of money to scouts to find new players.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Like I said. You are making the argument that you need a hall of fame QB to win the SB or compete consistently for them.

That’s not Dak, so the only reason to re sign him is to avoid down years looking for a suitable replacement. I don’t care about the marketability of the team. I’m a fan. We want the best chance to win a Super Bowl. Give a guy 5-6 years to show their ability in the playoffs, if it doesn’t work and they don’t have an upward trajectory-just try the next guy.
So the qb who is number 1 this season in almost every category, your saying get rid of because he hasnt won a SB yet? Stupid Dolphins, Vikes, Chargers...... what a bunch of morons. They all should have gotten rid of Fouts, Tarkenton and Marino.... bunch of losers.

rambo2

Reaction score
No i havent. Just because he is not.

Of course you can always pick some stats for you to show a different picture. Question is after all: Is the interpretation of the stats right?

The NFL is distributed by statistics. Every week the media finds another record that is broken etc. Thats part of the NFLs business plan. It gives the viewer the feeling that he is part of something greater. That he or she was part of history. But do these records really have a meaning for a game or a player? Does they say something about his accomplishement? That it was hard to achieve, that he is a good player? No. They are just a marketing gag.

For instance the record CD broke: 4 150+ (or something) games. Never happend. Yeah ok. Have you ever heard of that record feat before ? No. Because it was created just because it sounded good. Next week they will find another record that will be broken.

Its a league of entertainement. And throwing around some stats are entertaining for the (casual) viewer. They create one of the most important things in todays asocial media like twitter or else: a emotianlly driven controversy. A discussion with only emotions envolved means hyping their product.

Fundamentaly those stats are meaningless. They are way to simplified to have any kind of deeper expressiveness.

QBR etc are all way to simplyfied to have any kind of meaning. Else you wouldnt need to pay a lot of money to scouts to find new players.
Lol

Blitzen

Reaction score
So the qb who is number 1 this season in almost every category, your saying get rid of because he hasnt won a SB yet? Stupid Dolphins, Vikes, Chargers...... what a bunch of morons. They all should have gotten rid of Fouts, Tarkenton and Marino.... bunch of losers.
It was your argument. You said those teams won the Super Bowl because of those hall of fame QB’s. I love that you are attempting to parallel Marino and Dak though. Keep those coming-lol.

Dak is not on the same level of those QB’s. He would need to completely rewrite his playoff legacy to get within shouting distance. This thread was just asking if the reader supported another contract. No Cowboys’ fan doubts that Jones will resign Dak. He could throw more interceptions than TDs these last few games, squeak into the playoffs (lose in the wildcard playing terribly) and he still lands the highest paying contract ever given to a QB. Jones is nothing more than the drunken chief marketer of this circus.

If Dak hauls off and wins the Super Bowl and MVP in the Super Bowl and plays great in the playoffs-every single Cowboys’ fan will cheer for him to be extended.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It was your argument. You said those teams won the Super Bowl because of those hall of fame QB’s. I love that you are attempting to parallel Marino and Dak though. Keep those coming-lol.

Dak is not on the same level of those QB’s. He would need to completely rewrite his playoff legacy to get within shouting distance. This thread was just asking if the reader supported another contract. No Cowboys’ fan doubts that Jones will resign Dak. He could throw more interceptions than TDs these last few games, squeak into the playoffs (lose in the wildcard playing terribly) and he still lands the highest paying contract ever given to a QB. Jones is nothing more than the drunken chief marketer of this circus.

If Dak hauls off and wins the Super Bowl and MVP in the Super Bowl and plays great in the playoffs-every single Cowboys’ fan will cheer for him to be extended.
I didnt compare Dak to any of those guys... I took the Foolish argument that you give a qb 5-6 years to make it to the SB and if they dont, you move on. Fouts never made a SB, Marino made 1 in his 2nd season. Fran made 4 and never won. There are plenty of fantastic QBs that never won or appeared in the SB. There are several that have won a rin that were avg at best.

By the way..... Marino played in 3 AFC title games and his offense stunk in 2 of them. What a loser

plymkr

Reaction score
Why would dak be responsible for how far we go?
He is one of 53 players.
If we lose in the playoffs and he plays well,I am cool with him.
This.

If Dak maintains his level of play since the bye all the way through the playoffs then resign him. There’s a chance Dak could play his best game of his career against the 49ers and we still lose. So what I’m looking for is no TOs and putting points on the board in the playoffs. Dak can’t play defense. As long as Dak doesn’t freeze up in the playoffs then he can’t be the sole reason we don’t advance. I’m not one who is excited to resign him as of this date. I’m hoping for this caliber of play throughout the season and postseason. But we have to set realistic expectations for him. We can’t put penalties, the defense and ST’s on him. And if he’s playing good but WRs are dropping balls then that’s not fair to blame Dak.

I’m a guy that used to blame Dak for everything but that’s not reality or fair. If he freezes up, can’t read the defense, turns it over, and doesn’t move the offense in the playoffs then take a look at that. If he does none of that and we get beat then it’s not Dak’s fault.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Just as before the season started, I say wait until the year is over to make that determination. He looks incredible. No doubt about it. He's far exceeded my expectations so far, which were high. Let him show he has what it takes to make a strong run for a championship. After that, they're more than welcome to make him the highest paid player.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I didnt compare Dak to any of those guys... I took the Foolish argument that you give a qb 5-6 years to make it to the SB and if they dont, you move on. Fouts never made a SB, Marino made 1 in his 2nd season. Fran made 4 and never won. There are plenty of fantastic QBs that never won or appeared in the SB. There are several that have won a rin that were avg at best.

By the way..... Marino played in 3 AFC title games and his offense stunk in 2 of them. What a loser
Nope-not my argument. You are just inventing stuff to make your own foolish argument. I said see what a guy looks like after 5-6 years and how they perform in the playoffs and look at their trajectory.

Are they ascending and playing great in their biggest games? Is the team ascending and progressing? If the team and player are plateauing and they have never reached past the divisional round in those first 5-6 seasons, then yes I’m okay with moving on from the QB. No QB has ever started winning conference championships or SB’s after starting (or slated to start) for the same team their first 6 seasons (injury or not) if they never got to the conference championship game during that time. It has never happened.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Unbelievable. Still posters saying the Cowboys will cut Dak if the Cowboys don’t succeed in the playoffs. :facepalm: If we learned anything about this season Dak is not the problem with Cowboys and never was.