CZ POLL Are you glad the Cowboys played their starters against the Eagles?

Are you glad the Cowboys played their starters against the Eagles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aven8

Reaction score
Of course it was important. Mahomes and company were battling it out to the end, and today most of the teams will be doing the same. When you have a chance to improve positioning it would be silly not to play. Philly being a young team did there team a disservice not playing IMO

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You couldn't go into the playoffs on a two game losing streak, you needed a positive vibe and I never believe in just resting guys, you have to play to win every game, you can't turn the team off and on like a light switch, it just never works!

:hammer:

Creeper

Reaction score
I am happy they won but look who they beat. The Eagles sat 18 of 22 starters on both sides of the ball.

I think we did learn some things though.

We learned Zeke is slow and even when the OL gives him room to run his performance is limited compared to other backs.

We learned the running game compliments the passing game. We need to run more - and run outside more, but with backs faster than Zeke.

We learned Kelvin Joseph has some talent but still needs to learn a few things before he is ready to take on the better WRs in the league. Still he shows good speed and reaction.

We learned Connor Williams still has a holding problem, and the OL in general is not as good as we thought. They struggled at times with the Eagles backups. I wish Dallas could have drafted Milton Williams. I think that guy is going to be a beast in a year or two.

I learned Matt Farniok could be a good player in a year or two. He has the attitude. We'll have to see if he has the physical ability.

We saw the Eagles backups opening gaping holes for the quick little RBs to exploit proving that execution is what matters.

Welearned Zurlein is not dependable and I don;t care about his surgery. The nt is he does not kick the ball between the goal posts and he will cost us in close games - he HAS cost us in close games!

Sydla

Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20 but I am OK with it. They accomplished what they wanted. The offense moved the ball, Dak had a bit of a groove, Wilson and Dak seemed to connect which is important with no Gallup in the postseason. So if their goal was to get some flow on offense and that's why they played the starters, then mission accomplished. Granted, how much can you glean from rolling it up on 2nd teamers but the flipside to destroying them is what would we be talking about if they had scuffled?

Sammy

Reaction score
I was surprised that LVE played the whole game up till just the last few minutes. The other starters had been pulled much earlier.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
We've seen what happens when they rest, usually not a good outcome in the playoffs.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would've pulled them sooner, but sure, they needed the reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.