CZ POLL Are you glad the Cowboys played their starters against the Eagles?

Are you glad the Cowboys played their starters against the Eagles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kskboys

Reaction score

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I said the starters should play day one. Glad they did. Glad we got out injury free....

kskboys

Reaction score
I had to say Yes in the poll because I felt they needed to play at least a half.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Yup, even if it costs us a super bowl, play 'em!!!!
Super Bowl? Lol. I am not delusional. But If I can have my team play to win a regular season game and move into a higher seeding in the process by winning said game, I will indeed play to win every game.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
This right here. Yes, the odds are against it, but the #2 seed is still in play. The odds were against the Cowboys in 1988 to get the 1st overall draft pick in ‘89, but Green Bay did the unthinkable and win their last game (against Detroit IIRC), thereby handing the Cowboys Aikman. It’s never over until the pleasingly plump matron sings.
Could you imagine if we drafted Tony Mandarich? There were "experts" who thought he should have gone #1

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
I was surprised that LVE played the whole game up till just the last few minutes. The other starters had been pulled much earlier.
LVE will be playing for another team next season, if he got hurt last night, it wouldn't effect us. He's a shadow of his rookie self.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They didn't play all the starters to be fair. But yeah I want my team to play to win and dominate particularly against the division.
I suspect the Eagles didn't play their starters because they figured if they lost (which they probably would have), it would've crushed their confidence going into the playoffs. This way they can pretend they only lost because the starters didn't play.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I suspect the Eagles didn't play their starters because they figured if they lost (which they probably would have), it would've crushed their confidence going into the playoffs. This way they can pretend they only lost because the starters didn't play.
I doubt that’s why they decided to rest them .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not gonna lie I'd prefer to have pulled them earlier. But no major injuries so I'm not complaining.
I think they could have pulled them at half.

I’m afraid a blow out win against mostly scrubs from the bench will provide a false sense of security we’ve fixed everything.

Up until the turnover before half their scrubs were holding tight with us. Embarrassing.

It was like Alabama playing Alcorn St. lol
I’m not sure you gain much but feeling good.

It’s concerning to me our defense gave up 27 to their bench.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
This right here. Yes, the odds are against it, but the #2 seed is still in play. The odds were against the Cowboys in 1988 to get the 1st overall draft pick in ‘89, but Green Bay did the unthinkable and win their last game (against Detroit IIRC), thereby handing the Cowboys Aikman. It’s never over until the pleasingly plump matron sings.
Yes!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yes.

Also lol @ philly for resting starters just to get waxed in the wildcard.

Sirianni is a clown

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Imho, the Cowboys needed to go into the playoffs with some hint of momentum, after losing to the Cardinals as they did. Otherwise, the players might have doubts about their worthiness to even be there. Also, McCarthy said the players voted to play as many of their starters as necessary to win the game. Obviously, winning was important enough to them to vote for it. I think it's much to their credit to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.