Are you happy we signed Dak

Are you happy we signed Dak

• Total voters

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He is 43-27 as a starter

The team was 13-3 with Dak at the helm his rookie year. After his rookie year, the team has been roughly .500 win percentage. That is what I meant. He has been pretty average in wins from 2017-2020. He peaked in 2016 and fell back down to .500 and is treading water in the 8-8 region.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Yes because I have no faith in the Dallas front office to identify and develop a top flight QB prospect in the draft.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm happy its finally over!
giphy.gif

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Not really. The organization is not good. Overpaying one QB addresses nothing, we will still lose.

I was hoping for some type of Herschel Walker trade, to stack draft picks, and rebuild the team. Yea, I know with Jerry still in charge it won’t really matter and we are not winning anything either way, but can always hope.

I laugh when I read or hear someone saying Herschel Walker type trade. There's only been ONE Herschel Walker trade and that was done before there was a cap to have to worry about. There aren't trades with a team giving up 6 draft picks with 3 1st round and 3 2nd round picks plus 4 players for one player but once.

Trajan

Reaction score
I laugh when I read or hear someone saying Herschel Walker type trade. There's only been ONE Herschel Walker trade and that was done before there was a cap to have to worry about. There aren't trades with a team giving up 6 draft picks with 3 1st round and 3 2nd round picks plus 4 players for one player but once.

Yea, but this organization is based on hope, hopium is our motto ! With what Stafford got, I hoped that someone out there who is just as clueless as Jerruh would give up the house for Dak. Oh well, we are where we are.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I voted yes, for a few reasons.

First, I’m just glad this is over. In the end, we all root for the star. He’s a Cowboy now and probably one for life, so I’ve got his back.

Am I happy that Dak is signed? Yes. Am I happy with the deal? Heck no. Todd France fleeced Jerry Jones. Do I care about a rich obnoxious billionaire’s bank account? Also no. But I do care about the impact on the salary cap and our ability to acquire quality players.

So I’m not doing the dance of joy but what’s done is done. Now let’s build a young, hungry defense in the draft, sign Patrick Peterson, and let’s win a weak NFC and play Brady in the NFC Championship Game!
me as well..feel the same

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I’m happy he’s our starting QB, but I’m not really happy with the amount. But that’s just market rate for QBs right now.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
This is the kind of thinking I just can't get on board with.

Who cares if Dak won his draft class? It's about the Cowboys winning, not Dak, and the Cowboys are currently not winning.
lol, dude its just a comment, there is plenty of bandwidth on the website and plenty of minutes in the day for different people to make varying comments. Stop trying to dictate a comment hierarchy, I cant get on board with THAT kind of thinking

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I’m happy he’s our starting QB, but I’m not really happy with the amount. But that’s just market rate for QBs right now.
The contract will be a smart one considering the new TV deal that will be coming around in the near future. Jerry may not be a great GM, but he’s no dummy when it comes to business and dollars.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The contract will be a smart one considering the new TV deal that will be coming around in the near future. Jerry may not be a great GM, but he’s no dummy when it comes to business and dollars.

The contract is never going to look smart.

It's like saying Zeke's deal is going to age well like a lot of you said at the time. It's just not because Dak is not physically capable of playing up to that number.

He's going to have some nice numbers because he is going to have a ton of volume and has a nice supporting cast of WR's so it will be easy to deflect the blame everywhere else but for the team this was horrible for us.

Great for Dak though. If you're proud of his 2020 games and like to brag about his meaningless stats then you'll have a good time over the duration of this contract.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
well ill be that guy today, go root for another team...simple ..its toxic to keep yourself this close to something that makes you unhappy. Get a divorce from the Cowboys go find new fiancé, hear the Bucs and chiefs have room on the bandwagon..:)

however the Chiefs fans had to wait 50 years for another SB the bucs havent even been to the playoffs in what 15 years and nearly 20 years between SBs? took the eagles 60 years to win one? browns 15 plus years without winning season? thats just few Playoff teams from last year..

we are having drought noones happy about but we are waiting on our SIXTH! could be worse
SAY THEIR NAMES

Flozell Adams
Greg Ellis
Dexter Coakley
Dat Nguyen
Roy Williams
Andre Gurode
Bradie James
Terrence Newman
Jay Ratliff
Marion Barber
Jason Hatcher
Anthony Spencer
Doug Free
Orlando Scandrick
Dez Bryant
Sean Lee
DeMarcus Ware
Jason Witten
Tony Romo
Travis Frederick

We've had nice players on both sides of the ball. But something was always missing. Mike McCarthy (with previous coaching experience) did such a horrible job last year that some begin to miss Garrett. I really don't trust MM or Jerry to figure out that missing ingredient.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The team was 13-3 with Dak at the helm his rookie year. After his rookie year, the team has been roughly .500 win percentage. That is what I meant. He has been pretty average in wins from 2017-2020. He peaked in 2016 and fell back down to .500 and is treading water in the 8-8 region.
You cant go by record and just cancel out wins lol. The team was 11-5 in 2018. 2019 would have been much better if the coaching staff wasnt so horribly managed

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You cant go by record and just cancel out wins lol. The team was 11-5 in 2018. 2019 would have been much better if the coaching staff wasnt so horribly managed

Yeah, you can and you should when analyzing statistics. You take out the two worst data points at each end and then average to get a clearer picture. The outlying data points can distort the average. Doing this leads to Dak at 27-21 for a .56 winning clip. A little bit above average.

I am not going to speak to the could haves, should haves as to why Dak’s record could be better or worse. For example, if Dak didn’t have 4 awesome OL his first 3 years, his record would have been much worse. That would go on forever.

You can even go one step further and look up Dak’s win % against winning teams.

Nav22

Reaction score
They have about the same impact on the outcome of a game. Cousins can throw better downfield.
Here’s a tip.

From now on, think about what your opinion is, then type the exact opposite of that before you click “post.”

I PROMISE your posts will be far more accurate this way.

You may even eventually shake your reputation of being a football dunce with zero ability to understand the game!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, you can and you should when analyzing statistics. You take out the two worst data points at each end and then average to get a clearer picture. The outlying data points can distort the average. Doing this leads to Dak at 27-21 for a .56 winning clip. A little bit above average.

I am not going to speak to the could haves, should haves as to why Dak’s record could be better or worse. For example, if Dak didn’t have 4 awesome OL his first 3 years, his record would have been much worse. That would go on forever.

You can even go one step further and look up Dak’s win % against winning teams.
If you are removing his best full season, you should remove his worst full season then