CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would vote if you had my valid opinion as an option. You even have people who lie, just to participate. I think that is why polls usually have a margin of error. However...MOST polls have a "not sure" option....

which keeps things more accurate.

:cool:
Third option was don't vote that's easy I mean if you don't like either choice then you just stay out of it not make a big deal for the moderators by complaining about it just skip over it soon as you saw it don't get triggered move on :cool:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Third option was don't vote that's easy I mean if you don't like either choice then you just stay out of it not make a big deal for the moderators by complaining about it just skip over it soon as you saw it don't get triggered move on :cool:
That's fine. If only people...and you...would take that advice more often it would be a much better place, right?

And what's the deal with this "triggered" nonsense? Does that make YOU feel better? It's as bad as my reply to Dallas East..."aggravated". But at least I can admit it was silly to say that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not certain how many active members have participated in the poll, with 'active' being members who regularly posts comments every day, week, month or perhaps only several times every couple of months. I would guess-it-mate a majority of active members have voted though. Of course, the 300+ members, who have voted in the poll, are a drop in the bucket in relation to total members.
I didn’t vote. The description is flawed . And I imagine why such a high percentage of fans aren’t “ happy”?

Happy with what? We hold a NFL current futility record in playoffs. The fact we have a QB who has maintained relevance and playoff capabilities I’m somewhat happy with but the results I’m not happy.

The description needs to be more specific. Overall I’m not really happy with any aspect of the Cowboys currently except for possibly the progress of our defense but I wouldn’t say totally happy.

Do we think Dak is enough to win with , yes given right supporting cast but probably not enough against more Elite QB’s and teams . Would we like a more Elite QB , yes , but most of the league doesn’t get one . Could we have done worse for our franchise QB, yes.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
For me...he doesn;t HAVE to run "very well". But if he sees an opportunity...roll out and right on to the sideline for a 2 and 5. Just a couple times a game.
Will take whatever we can get, but what you described is probably not going to win any more games, especially playoff games. Like Mahomes ran for 44 yards in the last SB, including that longer run near the end of the game, that's what a qb run can do, a couple of first downs? Probably not.

But like I said, I'll take what I can get!

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I'm content with Dak as our QB until a better option comes along. He's good enough to win a SB with the right talent around him and a scheme designed around his strengths. Dak playing gunslinger ain't it. I have to wait and see how he performs this season to know if I'm happy with him or not.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL...didn't mean it like that! :)

Just meant you did have to take ANOTHER moment to clarify things.
I did reiterate what Reality had previously stated. For my part, I was more emphasizing than clarifying an alternative available to members who are repeatedly commenting on the lack of this particular poll's options.

Legion of Fans members can create any poll of their preferred topic, like this thread's OP for example, and include more than two options. In effect, the alternative allows those members, repetitively talking about the lack of more options, the ability to post a similar poll with more options--thus self-satisfying their disagreement with this particular poll's number of options.

lol. Just realized the above is a clarification. :)

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm content with Dak as our QB until a better option comes along. He's good enough to win a SB with the right talent around him and a scheme designed around his strengths. Dak playing gunslinger ain't it. I have to wait and see how he performs this season to know if I'm happy with him or not.
What is the proof of this? He hasn't even made it out of the divisional round and the team around him last year was more than good enough.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t vote. The description is flawed . And I imagine why such a high percentage of fans aren’t “ happy”?

Happy with what? We hold a NFL current futility record in playoffs. The fact we have a QB who has maintained relevance and playoff capabilities I’m somewhat happy with but the results I’m not happy.

The description needs to be more specific. Overall I’m not really happy with any aspect of the Cowboys currently except for possibly the progress of our defense but I wouldn’t say totally happy.

Do we think Dak is enough to win with , yes given right supporting cast but probably not enough against more Elite QB’s and teams . Would we like a more Elite QB , yes , but most of the league doesn’t get one . Could we have done worse for our franchise QB, yes.
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/are...llas-cowboys-this-season.511757/post-12804459

Ken

Reaction score
All the butt hurt haters who have no better solution Crack me up. Sign me up for competing for CC every year and not basement dwelling.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, who could we get to win nothing like dak has done? and cheaper.... but we would probably waste the extra saving on the offensive line or defense.. Us dak lovers would rather dak get the money and win nothing.....shrugs if we're winning nothing, I'd rather it be with dak.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Am I “happy”? No. IMO— Dak got his bag and has yet to deliver on the investment. He has simply not played his best ball when the team has needed him to.

Am I a “Dak hater” and “anti-Dak”? No. I am pulling for him and I hope he puts it all together and proves all the critics wrong. I think he gets more hate than he deserves.

The poll question is simple: am I “happy”? No. That is simply NOT my feeling as it comes to our QB as we start the 2023 season.

That said— I am guardedly optimistic that perhaps MM and a return to a run-first, TOP/efficiency offense will put him in the best position to succeed.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
i'm not sure why we went away from garrett. we could have gotten someone worse than 50 percent record.
Getting rid of garrett hurt my feelings and scared me. Who would we call to get us to an average record?
Dang, my stomach is still hurting thinking about it.
There's no NFL salary cap for management, and your selections are not subject to a predetermined draft pick order like it is if you're looking for a QB. When you have 27 teams picking ahead of you, it's a lot harder to find the right person for the job. But if you stick your neck out and draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round and he turns out to be less than you hoped, people hate on you for that too.
1. So whether they stay with a 12-5 QB and try to build around him
2. Or stick your neck out and draft that 3rd or 4th rounder and he falls short of expectations,
3. Or trade good players to acquire a higher draft pick and discover your QB can't function like he should because you traded away too much talent to get him.....
No matter which of the above 3 possibilities a team goes with, a lot of guys are going to hate the QB and the management for their decision.
They're danged if they do and danged if they don't. We have people who would find fault with them even if they won a Super Bowl. You can't please everybody no matter what you do.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
There's no NFL salary cap for management, and your selections are not subject to a predetermined draft pick order like it is if you're looking for a QB. When you have 27 teams picking ahead of you, it's a lot harder to find the right person for the job. But if you stick your neck out and draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round and he turns out to be less than you hoped, people hate on you for that too.
1. So whether they stay with a 12-5 QB and try to build around him
2. Or stick your neck out and draft that 3rd or 4th rounder and he falls short of expectations,
3. Or trade good players to acquire a higher draft pick and discover your QB can't function like he should because you traded away too much talent to get him.....
No matter which of the above 3 possibilities a team goes with, a lot of guys are going to hate the QB and the team for their decision.
They're danged if they do and danged if they don't. We have people who would find fault with them even if they won a Super Bowl. You can't please everybody no matter what you do.
yeah, I would hate to stick my neck out and draft a guy who can't win the big games like dak, but hey, what would be the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.