CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
23,604 supposed members here.
So many threads about the QB that rules were imposed on when the QB can and can't be discussed.
A poll asking if members are happy, or not, with the QB.
Total votes since Monday: 634

I realize not everyone votes but, damn, 23,000 not
saying squat about it!?!
It's called a representative segment. Surely when you see various polls they are not 100%.
Or have you been in the jungle too much?

jay94

Reaction score
We have some delusional fans, I'm sorry were not getting Mahomes. He absolutely needs to be better for his contract I get that.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's called a representative segment. Surely when you see various polls they are not 100%.
Or have you been in the jungle too much?
A "representative segment" are a group contacted and represent a "segment" of the population. This poll was open to the entire site and only 30% participated. Either they are no longer around or they are apathetic. Either way, your jungle comment doesn't really make much sense here, does it?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
A "representative segment" are a group contacted and represent a "segment" of the population. This poll was open to the entire site and only 30% participated. Either they are no longer around or they are apathetic. Either way, your jungle comment doesn't really make much sense here, does it?
Oh, didn't know you had burner accounts and are cross because of the jungle comment.

I write this because you seem greatly agitated by a response aimed at a jungle fighter who, after 50 years, is still in denial the war was lost.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, didn't know you had burner accounts and are cross because of the jungle comment.

I write this because you seem greatly agitated by a response aimed at a jungle fighter who, after 50 years, is still in denial the war was lost.
Wouldn't say I was greatly agitated by anything you said. You questioned someone's response on the meaning of "representative segment" and I questioned your use of jungle in response. Your clever attempt missed the mark. That's all

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The jungle fighter remark was not aimed at you. Far from it.
It just occurred to me tha one post aimed at another was responded to with such vigor. And it seems a fair concern, old fellow, tha you and the jungle guy are one in the same.

How about this humidity?

RoboQB

Reaction score
All the way up to 637 votes now! Really picking up steam!
Oh, and the fake Brit is here too. That's great.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
I can't answer, yes, or no. Too many variables. I like Dak, but I want to see him with a legit OC. So, it depends.
For people asking for an offensive genius to work with Dak, remember that Sean McVay got rid of Goff because Goff was "dumb" and McVay couldn't run his system because of Goff.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
We have some delusional fans, I'm sorry were not getting Mahomes. He absolutely needs to be better for his contract I get that.
Did the chiefs front office just wake up one day and have Mahomes sitting outside their office?

In 2018 the chiefs had a QB already on their roster that consistently took them to the playoffs and they still decided to move up in the draft to find his replacement.

Your mindset breeds mediocrity.

CWR

Reaction score
23,604 supposed members here.
So many threads about the QB that rules were imposed on when the QB can and can't be discussed.
A poll asking if members are happy, or not, with the QB.
Total votes since Monday: 634

I realize not everyone votes but, damn, 23,000 not
saying squat about it!?!

I can't answer yes or no. I'm not currently happy and if we had a potential better direction I'd be all for it. That said, we don't, not anytime soon. The talks of blowing it up are premature. Too many are overly eager to bury this team. I dont know how many seasons I have left and I'm not giving up on this one. I realize the most likely conclusion, but I'm not committing to it. The halls of nfl history have far too many champions that turned the corner much later than week 6. Dak has to be better, but when guys like Joe Flacco and Nick Foles can catch lightning in a bottle I refuse to believe Dak isn't capable. Dak is a good not great qb, and we need a great run when it counts.

I'm happier with him than I would be with about 20 other starting qbs, but I don't know he is capable of taking it the distance. I am glad we haven't re-signed him and hope we can move forward if this season doesnt show marked improvement/progress.

CWR

Reaction score
Did the chiefs front office just wake up one day and have Mahomes sitting outside their office?

In 2018 the chiefs had a QB already on their roster that consistently took them to the playoffs and they still decided to move up in the draft to find his replacement.

Your mindset breeds mediocrity.

Yes and Alex Smith was coming off a career season. They knew they had something special in Mahomes. Credit to Andy Reid for taking the leap.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not always true, especially in pol. polls. When aforementioned polls are conducted...they are often 3% or less of eligible population.

This poll is a valid sample size.

You must have some other objection.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't answer yes or no. I'm not currently happy and if we had a potential better direction I'd be all for it. That said, we don't, not anytime soon. The talks of blowing it up are premature. Too many are overly eager to bury this team. I dont know how many seasons I have left and I'm not giving up on this one. I realize the most likely conclusion, but I'm not committing to it. The halls of nfl history have far too many champions that turned the corner much later than week 6. Dak has to be better, but when guys like Joe Flacco and Nick Foles can catch lightning in a bottle I refuse to believe Dak isn't capable. Dak is a good not great qb, and we need a great run when it counts.

I'm happier with him than I would be with about 20 other starting qbs, but I don't know he is capable of taking it the distance. I am glad we haven't re-signed him and hope we can move forward if this season doesnt show marked improvement/progress.
Thinking all those other QB's would be worse here...is speculation.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not always true, especially in pol. polls. When aforementioned polls are conducted...they are often 3% or less of eligible population.

This poll is a valid sample size.

You must have some other objection.
Nope. I'm happy with the sample size. My post was for someone correcting someone's English. Had nothing to do with the poll.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. I'm happy with the sample size. My post was for someone correcting someone's English. Had nothing to do with the poll.
Ah well...okay then. If i may comment on THAT then?

All kinds of professional writings have errors...spelling, grammar punctuation...from pro-edited fiction/nonfiction literature, government documents, and even academic literature. Correcting it HERE...is probably a sign of some...condition so to speak. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.