CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LocoBates

Reaction score
I guess 85% of the fanbase is just praying we get a top 5 qb from the draft, meanwhile they forget the stretch from Aikman to Romo. I do not want to go on that type of stretch. They should let Dak test the market just because he isn't worth the money he's gonna want. He's a top ten qb,
I don't know, how big was the stretch from Aikman to Romo? 6 ~ 7 years? we are at year 8 and clearly missed some good QBs in the draft these past 6 ~ 7 years. You ask me now and I wouldn't have minded having 2 or 3 miserable seasons 8 years ago but a very good QB today that can take us to SB. People talk about the bad years between Aikman and Tony, like if the past 8+ years were any better (draft wise is even worse to have "winning seasons" and fall short), the end result is the same and today's QB situation is not the solution.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
Overall, I thought Dak played well against the Chargers. I am happy we won and do not think either Rush or Lance would have played better. So based on what they currently have as options, then it‘s a yes for now for me.

I think some of you want Dak to play horrible so they will lose and you can say everyone else is an idiot, I told you so, etc. But I went from a consistent supporter of Dak to basically I hope he surprises me each week, he plays well and the Cowboys win.

Even though the defense can struggle against the run, they definitely can create pressure and create turnovers. Meaning if Dak and the offense can move the ball, score some points, I trust our defense, for the most part, to win the game.

zeke21

Reaction score
I don't get why you would change your mind based on that game. That was a very typical game for Dak.. and he did play well. It was the prototype dink and dunk bus driver game. Keep the ball safe, nail a few big plays.. use your legs to get out of trouble.. BUT we know that is not going to be enough to win the big games or against better defences.

LA have a bad D..and we went two quarters without scoring basically. Our first TD was courtesy of them ignoring Dak as a runner.. and we did not a lot for the rest of the first half offensively. Yet again our Defence won this game and that is OK.. in fact because I want my team to have success.. it was perfect.

But nothing in that performance.. or his next performance will make me change my mind about who Dak is and why he shouldn't be our quarterback. Was it 4 sacks or 5 this week? And all of them because Dak held the ball too long or turned into trouble. Urghhh.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak played better and I would say even good against the Chargers but my main issues with him are still there.
Holds onto the ball
Inaccurate
Trouble moving the offense

He did do a good job of not turning it over and he created some plays, Ala the play to Pollard but I’m still hoping we don’t resign him.

I wouldn’t want Herbert for 50+ million APY because he chokes and he doesn’t show up in the playoffs, I don’t want Dak for 50 million + for the same reasons. Watching the Chargers lose was like watching Dallas lose. I don’t want that for 4 more years.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm sure Dak is a nice guy.
Being QB for Dallas carries a ton of pressure.
I hope he succeeds in winning a SB.

HOWEVER, I've watched every game. I don't think he
will ever get close to achieving that goal.

My vote is still NO.
Not sure I'll participate in this silly practice of polling the same question every week.

Echospacing

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are basing the difficult defense on, but the Chargers are at or near the bottom of the charts in both run and pass.
On run defense, no. To state it negatively, they are the bottom of the top half. Pass defense is skewed by playing the top two pass offenses in the first 4 games and injuries to Bosa. Regardless, 4 games prior to the cowboys game does not define how they played against the cowboys or where they end up in "charts" overall.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm sure Dak is a nice guy.
Being QB for Dallas carries a ton of pressure.
I hope he succeeds in winning a SB.

HOWEVER, I've watched every game. I don't think he
will ever get close to achieving that goal.

My vote is still NO.
Not sure I'll participate in this silly practice of polling the same question every week.
If he beats SF in the playoffs I'll be impressed. If he beats those playoff contenders we have on our schedule down the stretch I'll give him credit. Dak is good against average to below average teams so I don't know why anything has changed. He had good games last year where he looked elite...other games where he looked like a scrub. He's very inconsistent.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I don't get why you would change your mind based on that game. That was a very typical game for Dak.. and he did play well. It was the prototype dink and dunk bus driver game. Keep the ball safe, nail a few big plays.. use your legs to get out of trouble.. BUT we know that is not going to be enough to win the big games or against better defences.

LA have a bad D..and we went two quarters without scoring basically. Our first TD was courtesy of them ignoring Dak as a runner.. and we did not a lot for the rest of the first half offensively. Yet again our Defence won this game and that is OK.. in fact because I want my team to have success.. it was perfect.

But nothing in that performance.. or his next performance will make me change my mind about who Dak is and why he shouldn't be our quarterback. Was it 4 sacks or 5 this week? And all of them because Dak held the ball too long or turned into trouble. Urghhh.
You :hammer:it!

RoboQB

Reaction score
If he beats SF in the playoffs I'll be impressed. If he beats those playoff contenders we have on our schedule down the stretch I'll give him credit. Dak is good against average to below average teams so I don't know why anything has changed. He had good games last year where he looked elite...other games where he looked like a scrub. He's very inconsistent.
I'd say he's consistently inconsistent... lol.

Yes, he needs to get the perverbial "monkey off his back"
that is the SF 49ers. His best chance was 3 matchups ago.

I agree with you.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bar for QBs in Dallas has always been super bowls. Dak is 0-2,in divisional round games and hasn’t played well in those games. Like Romo, the fans are never going to be happy with him until he leads the team to a Super Bowl.

Nexx

Reaction score
Dak played better and I would say even good against the Chargers but my main issues with him are still there.
Holds onto the ball
Inaccurate
Trouble moving the offense

He did do a good job of not turning it over and he created some plays, Ala the play to Pollard but I’m still hoping we don’t resign him.

I wouldn’t want Herbert for 50+ million APY because he chokes and he doesn’t show up in the playoffs, I don’t want Dak for 50 million + for the same reasons. Watching the Chargers lose was like watching Dallas lose. I don’t want that for 4 more years.
let me add.

horrible pocket awareness
terrible against man coverage
no clue how to throw back shoulder passes
zero clue how to throw the 50/50 ball to his playmakers
horrible against good defenses
afraid to use his legs
no anticipation, waits until the receiver is open instead throwing his receiver open

Someone tell me what this clown is good at doing beside being a good leader.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Should have some fun with all these Dak polls and create a graph that compares historical W-L record with the results of these polls. I think we’ll see a wee bit of correlation.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I support the crap out of him, I've never wavered. :D
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.