CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

duane33

Reaction score
Cowboys are 12th in the league and only 2 teams ahead of them have fewer attempts. Show you how efficient they are.
Basically middle of the pack. Games they win have been blowouts mostly so then u run the ball to run out the clock. They are a pass first team. Dak has 100 yards less than Dowdle rushing, dont think I want him running too much. They need 3 running backs like the eagles have that are decent.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
We know that the Cowboys with this QB or the last one couldn’t get the job done. It’s a team game and the team must win. The last two QB’s need that statement to be true, but Dak still has time right now to not be one of those kind of QB’s. Time waits for no one. It’s now or never, Dak won’t get a team this good again. I hope Dak makes it to where 8 and 12 went, but my hopes mean nothing in this matter. We’ll see what happens. Jerry made the right choice not paying early with Dak.

duane33

Reaction score
Considering their slow start, 12th in the league is far better than "Dak basically has no running game" by a long shot.
Need another RB. Have we had a 100yd+ game by a running back this year? Need to run the ball on the road to make the passing game more effective . Look at where the best team in the AFC + NFC is in rushing.
We are not like we were with Zeke in his prime, it’s obvious

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have we had a 100yd+ game by a running back this year?
No, but that is by design. Pollard wasn't drafted to be a bell cow. And unless the OL and WR get key blocks downfield he isn't likely break a long one.

James Cook (remember him?) is 3rd in the league in rushing and he has 3. Mostert is 4th and only has 2.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Done with Dak.

#fraud
When you realize he can't even be competitive against the best teams. It's so bad that he looks like he doesn't even belong on the field in those games. And to add to matters this clown is holding the team hostage to the point where Jerry has to pay him because of the cap hit. No wonder people are done with him.

duane33

Reaction score
No, but that is by design. Pollard wasn't drafted to be a bell cow. And unless the OL and WR get key blocks downfield he isn't likely break a long one.

James Cook (remember him?) is 3rd in the league in rushing and he has 3. Mostert is 4th and only has 2.
I hear ya.
But a game against Miami tomorrow is when u want to keep the ball away from them and you do that with running game and short passes like McCarthy prefers.
It’s how Parcells Giants beat that great Buffalo team in the Super Bowl when they had the K gun offense and of course what the Bills did to us last week.
Dallas used to do it with Emmitt and thAt great O line in the 90’s

kskboys

Reaction score

Yeah, it's not about numbers, it's about an effective running game. When we had McFadden, he rushed for over a grand but wasn't all that effective.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, it's not about numbers, it's about an effective running game. When we had McFadden, he rushed for over a grand but wasn't all that effective.
That post was in response to "Have we had a 100yd+ game by a running back this year?"

Wizarus

Reaction score
I'm going to say yes. The quality of QBs in this era is generally below that of the previous gen and it took some getting used to. And it could be worse than Dak, much worse.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm going to say yes. The quality of QBs in this era is generally below that of the previous gen and it took some getting used to. And it could be worse than Dak, much worse.
You voted yes because it could be worse? Interesting.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You voted yes because it could be worse? Interesting.
It's strange thinking - to be so fearful of change because the replacement might be worse. The same thought process is what many used when debating whether to keep Garrett or toss him aside. "OMG! His replacement might be worse!" Keep the status quo, even though you are going nowhere with it. Makes perfect sense.

duane33

Reaction score
It's strange thinking - to be so fearful of change because the replacement might be worse. The same thought process is what many used when debating whether to keep Garrett or toss him aside. "OMG! His replacement might be worse!" Keep the status quo, even though you are going nowhere with it. Makes perfect sense.
All I know is Cooper Rush did a damn good job last year starting

Status
Not open for further replies.