CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m looking at the names of the fans that aren’t happy with Dak. If someone isn’t happy with him as our QB at this very moment, they’ll never be happy with any QB.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’m looking at the names of the fans that aren’t happy with Dak. If someone isn’t happy with him as our QB at this very moment, they’ll never be happy with any QB.
Not sure this is even debatable

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
100% false. But don't let me interrupt your agenda.........

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
100% false. But don't let me interrupt your agenda.........
Can’t see how any fan can be unhappy with him at the present moment after leading the Cowboys to their third straight 12-5 season and the NFC East title.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can’t see how any fan can be unhappy with him at the present moment after leading the Cowboys to their third straight 12-5 season and the NFC East title.
That's not the goal. If he doesn't reach it this year he will be 0-8. What is there to be happy about that???

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's not the goal. If he doesn't reach it this year he will be 0-8. What is there to be happy about that???
To reach your goal you have to give yourself a chance by making the playoffs and we have a chance. We’ve been through all this and are just wasting time.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s almost like some would rather lose with another QB and look forward to high draft picks every April, than to win with Dak and have a chance every January.
Then repeat the cycle with the next QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Then repeat the cycle with the next QB.
The cycle will keep repeating if we don’t have a good enough team around the QB we have unless we end up with a bad QB. The next one may not be any good and we’ll be playing musical chairs at QB every couple of seasons. It almost seems like some fans are hoping for that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We will find out how good that chance is in the next month.
I still don’t believe you’ll want to pay him $50-60M if we win the Super Bowl. In your mind, you’ll think the team could’ve won the Super Bowl with a number of QBs. You and others will try and deflect some of the credit away from Dak and point to the team around him as the main reason we won. I promise you some fans who aren’t happy with Dak will do that. I hope I’m able to be proven right.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still don’t believe you’ll want to pay him $50-60M if we win the Super Bowl.
It would be the stupidest thing the Cowboys ever did in their history to pay Dak that kind of money even if he wins the super bowl.

No player in the history of the league is worth that. Not even TB12.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It would be the stupidest thing the Cowboys ever did in their history to pay Dak that kind of money even if he wins the super bowl.

No player in the history of the league is worth that. Not even TB12.
I’m glad you don’t run the team. If you did run a team you wouldn’t have a good QB because if you got lucky enough to land one like CJ Stroud you’re not going to want to pay them. You’ll move on after their rookie deal, even if they lead you to a championship and win MVP.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you did run a team you wouldn’t have a good QB because if you got lucky enough to land one like CJ Stroud you’re not going to want to pay them.
Depends on how he plays. No one knows what will happen in the future.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Depends on how he plays. No one knows what will happen in the future.
If they play great, you’re going to have to pay them the going rate, which is big money and you don’t want to pay a QB, you’ve already said so.

zeke21

Reaction score
Just watched Stroud put on a clinic. No one.. and I mean no one is debating if Stroud is going to be a gun.

As to the belief that if you aren't happy with Dak you will never be happy.. that is simply not true. Some of us are just capable of deeper assessment than a stat line padded against some truly woeful defences and a patchy record when challenged.

I've maintained from the start that one of the most important measures of a QB, for me, is do they elevate guys around them. Brady made NE a better team. Yes he had some all pro's around him but often he took very little and made it work. Brady got a LOT of guys paid. Mahomes is working with a sub par group of receivers.. truly sub par and is still finding a way to win. Is he dominant this year.. nope but he is making guys look better than they deserve.

So the measure is whether Dak looks good because of the system or does Dak make the system look good/better. For that I look at little things like where do his peers rank him.. and they have never been afraid of Dak beating them with his arm. They are worried about losing to the cowboys but they still dedicate a lot of resources to stopping the run and containing the big play. Dak is standing behind a line that contains 3 pro bowlers.. and throws to CeeDee Lamb that has put down a stand out season. Truly standout. So has Dak made a dodgy Oline look better.. or does he look good because of a solid Oline? Has Dak made CeeDee lamb look better than he is OR has CeeDee made Dak look better by getting great separation, making straight out highlight reel catches week after week?

I don't hate Dak, never have. And I have consistently maintained that he is an above average QB. However all the stats and vision still point to a QB that is not a stand out superstar and yet we are paying him superstar money. Cooper Rush showed last year that you could literally put anyone behind centre with this team and win lots of ball games. Dak still hasn't done enough to show me that he is worth the big big contract and the risk is that we remain perenially 'thereabouts' whilst other teams are out there finding their Mahomes or their Jackson or their Shroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.