CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Dak has mad leadership skills. Romo was cerebral but never struck me as the kinda serious personality that Aikman and Staubach were. More like a Meredith-type - a guy who won players over because they wanted to be considered ‘a buddy.’ Aikman and Staubach were demanding - Aikman especially and demonstrably so. Roger didn’t have to chew *** - he commanded respect just through his level of commitment to excellence. Troy would ream guys out if he felt they were sloppy. This included throwing the stinkeye at a coach or two (not naming names).

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Anytime you make it to the playoffs you have a shot at the SB, especially when you have a 12-5 team. Anything can happen in the playoffs. By the way the Cowboys lost 19-12 to SF in the playoffs last season. How is that getting their butts handed to them? The straight up lies are coming from you. :thumbup:
Umm it’s called if you average 35 pts a game like last season and you only score 12 and lose time of possession exhausting your defense then you got you bit kicked. Not the team, dak got his butt kicked. Defense played great the last two San Fran playoff games, Dak lost those. Since this is a Dak thread then stick to the topic and not the team. Once again this year he will fall and I’m ready to eat crow which you fanboys never did after these same topics were discussed last year, may I remind yall I was right then as well. Daks great a regular season crummy teams then falls off the cliff in playoffs against good defenses, you still won’t eat crow

Wangchung83

Reaction score
The other teams have no choice but to try because they have nothing. They wish they had a QB like Dak. Consistently winning gives you a chance every year. If you’re going to move on from a real good QB because you keep coming up short, QBs like Warren Moon, Dan Marino and Dan Fouts would’ve been bouncing around the league. You didn’t answer the question. If we win the SB this season will that change your opinion of Dak or would you still move on from him and take your chances in the draft? He’ll cost us $55-$60M per if he leads us to a championship. From what we’ve discussed it doesn’t sound like you’re going to want to pay that.
#1 you don’t pay that until the guy has some resemblance of post season success, dak doesn’t have that.
#2 don’t you even start to compare Dak to Warren Moon and Dan. Warren had success in cfl and the oilers team was hamstrung by low pay. No doubt that guy wins like Gibbs said, he didn’t have the talent around him. Dan arguably the best passer in nfl hx went to Super Bowl and played on one leg for 3-4 years after Achilles tore. Recall that surgery wasn’t even done with intention of playing again. Regardless everyone knows that arm was one of best ever, not Dak. And who exactly was Marinos talent? His oline was full of holes.lol. And you’re comparing him to Dak? Get real

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
#1 you don’t pay that until the guy has some resemblance of post season success, dak doesn’t have that.
#2 don’t you even start to compare Dak to Warren Moon and Dan. Warren had success in cfl and the oilers team was hamstrung by low pay. No doubt that guy wins like Gibbs said, he didn’t have the talent around him. Dan arguably the best passer in nfl hx went to Super Bowl and played on one leg for 3-4 years after Achilles tore. Recall that surgery wasn’t even done with intention of playing again. Regardless everyone knows that arm was one of best ever, not Dak. And who exactly was Marinos talent? His oline was full of holes.lol. And you’re comparing him to Dak? Get real
There’s already one QB, Lamar Jackson making over 50 million who hasn’t had postseason success. You’re just another fan putting our lack of postseason success entirely on Dak. As for Warren Moon, he had a heck of a lot more success in the CFL than the NFL. He played in the NFL twice as long as Dak but only had three playoff wins. He’s in the Hall of Fame strictly because of his numbers. By the way the only comparison I made with Dak to Moon and Marino is their regular season success. They weren’t winning championships, but their teams stuck with them because they gave them a chance. If Dak was ever part of a playoff loss where the Cowboys blew a 31 point lead like Moon did against Buffalo there would be a mutiny on this board.

Reactions: G2

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By the way the only comparison I made with Dak to Moon and Marino is their regular season success. They weren’t winning championships, but their teams stuck with them because they gave them a chance.
That's the thing. Many of us don't think Dak gives us a chance. So yeah we aren't happy sticking with him year after year after year and then paying him $55M+.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's the thing. Many of us don't think Dak gives us a chance. So yeah we aren't happy sticking with him year after year after year and then paying him $55M+.
If you’re making the playoffs, especially winning 12 games three years in a row you have a chance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you’re going to get rid of real good QBs that are consistently leading to the playoffs but keep coming up short, you’ll be going through a lot of QBs and be spending a lot of time sitting home for the playoffs. If you want to believe the Cowboys haven’t won or reached a Super Bowl because of Dak, go ahead.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you’re going to get rid of real good QBs that are consistently leading to the playoffs but keep coming up short, you’ll be going through a lot of QBs and be spending a lot of time sitting home for the playoffs.
If you’re going to get rid of real good QBs that are consistently leading to the playoffs but keep coming up short, keep trying. Make an effort. Draft one. Like I mentioned earlier, the highest QB drafted since Aikman in 1989 is Quincy Crter for crying out loud.

The answer isn't to massively overpay for someone like Dak. All he is doing is selling merch and driving TV ratings. That isn't the goal. Yes 12-5 season are great. That isn't the goal. Trying to build a team around his contract will be tricky. It likely means the end of the 12-5 seasons.

The question is, how many more years before general consensus is the Cowboys aren't going to win a SB with Dak but continue to pay him that insane money? All the while the fans are happy just making the tournament. "Well, maybe next year" will be the annual January theme. Yeah that sounds like fun.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you’re going to get rid of real good QBs that are consistently leading to the playoffs but keep coming up short, keep trying. Make an effort. Draft one. Like I mentioned earlier, the highest QB drafted since Aikman in 1989 is Quincy Crter for crying out loud.

The answer isn't to massively overpay for someone like Dak. All he is doing is selling merch and driving TV ratings. That isn't the goal. Yes 12-5 season are great. That isn't the goal. Trying to build a team around his contract will be tricky. It likely means the end of the 12-5 seasons.

The question is, how many more years before general consensus is the Cowboys aren't going to win a SB with Dak but continue to pay him that insane money? All the while the fans are happy just making the tournament. "Well, maybe next year" will be the annual January theme. Yeah that sounds like fun.
You seem to think if you keep coming up short, it’s entirely on the QB. That may be the case with some teams, but not with the Cowboys. You keep trying by adding pieces to your football team and continue to build around the good QB you have. The Cowboys are going to continue to pay Dak until they feel like he’s the reason we’re coming up short. With your plan we’ll always be looking for a QB and be sitting home for the playoffs every year. Nothing I say will ever change your opinion because you believe Dak is the one holding the team back. Our season would be done if it wasn’t for him.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
time will tell...

:popcorn:
Time has told. If you’re waiting for a Mahomes clone, you’re delusional. Unlikely we’re going to end up with the best WB in the league ever unless it’s by happenstance.

Prescott is no worse than Top 7 in the league, but I’d put him Top 5. Any time we have that, the answer is Yes, I’m glad we have him. Any other answer begs the question that can’t be asked on this board.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All while you have the highest paid QB in the league.
All you seem to be concerned with is how much money he’s making. Despite Jackson’s 1-3 playoff record Baltimore made him the highest paid QB in the league because he gives them a chance and would have lost him if they didn’t. No team wants to be stuck sitting home every January because they don’t have a QB. It’s pretty depressing having to burn high draft picks every 3-4 years trying to find one. Some of you would leave the Cowboys in that unenviable situation.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Time has told. If you’re waiting for a Mahomes clone, you’re delusional. Unlikely we’re going to end up with the best WB in the league ever unless it’s by happenstance.

Prescott is no worse than Top 7 in the league, but I’d put him Top 5. Any time we have that, the answer is Yes, I’m glad we have him. Any other answer begs the question that can’t be asked on this board.
All you seem to be concerned with is how much money he’s making. Despite Jackson’s 1-3 playoff record Baltimore made him the highest paid QB in the league because he gives them a chance and would have lost him if they didn’t. No team wants to be stuck sitting home every January because they don’t have a QB. It’s pretty depressing having to burn high draft picks every 3-4 years trying to find one. Some of you would leave the Cowboys in that unenviable situation.
But look at what Jackson did! He beat SF in their own stadium. Jackson has made the leap. What a great win for Jackson! Now it wasn't a playoff game but he showed he can compete with the top teams. Daks great win is barely beating Detroit with the refs help. Dak has had chances to show something against SF, Buffalo, KC and every stinking time he has been pantsed!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The way Dak has played this year I think Dak gives us a chance, but I'm not sure the rest of the team gives us a chance, and Dak can't do it by himself. This team does not have a good running game and we're not good at stopping the run, which translates to we don't win in the trenches, and if you lose in the trenches you lose on the scoreboard.
But aside from all that, I don't like the idea of paying ANY QB $55M. When too much money goes to the QB the quality of the rest of the team begins to suffer.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Just wanted to let some people who might think I'm a hater know I won over $1000 with Dak throwing touchdowns to CeeDee in week 17 in my fantasy league finals I had CD on my team. Could care less about the money but it was bragging rights. That's the least that bum could do for me.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Just wanted to let some people who might think I'm a hater know I won over $1000 with Dak throwing touchdowns to CeeDee in week 17 in my fantasy league finals I had CD on my team. Could care less about the money but it was bragging rights. That's the least that bum could do for me.
You have to get a tattoo, name your child based on a name from the Dakota tribe and create a shrine to Dak where you watch Cowboy's games. Then you are not a hater.

Oh...and of course, always CHEER! no matter what...

Status
Not open for further replies.