CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
419698135_1087884792346767_5952792535135997862_n.jpg

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If you had a quarterback who played good against bad teams, but could not win in the playoffs you would want to keep him?
If I didn’t have an immediate solution at the position, I wouldn’t get rid of him solely for the sake of it

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
If I didn’t have an immediate solution at the position, I wouldn’t get rid of him solely for the sake of it
You keep a player until you find someone better to replace him, unless that play is eating up too much of the Salary Cap where you can't replace other talent. There is a point, where you got to realize that this guy isn't going to do anything in the playoffs, and because we are paying him the talent level of the team is declining in other positions. Your team realized this when they got rid of Wentz.

Last edited:

Steve007

Reaction score
If you knew he couldn't get past a divisional round why keep him? Houston moved Watson and it worked for them. The Rams moved on from Goff. Seattle moved on from Wilson. SF moved on from Garoppolo. Goff went to the superbowl, Wilson won a Superbow, Garoppolo made it to the Superbows and Watson was a number one pick. The Cowboys aren't even looking for a solution.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If you knew he couldn't get past a divisional round why keep him? Houston moved Watson and it worked for them. The Rams moved on from Goff. Seattle moved on from Wilson. SF moved on from Garoppolo. Goff went to the superbowl, Wilson won a Superbow, Garoppolo made it to the Superbows and Watson was a number one pick. The Cowboys aren't even looking for a solution.
49ers had the future QB, as did LAR when they traded Goff for Stafford. Seattle and Houston traded their QBs because they were forced to. Neither of those scenarios are Dallas’.

If you do move on it’s more like Las Vegas with Carr, and they don’t have a very bright outlook.

zeke21

Reaction score
49ers had the future QB, as did LAR when they traded Goff for Stafford. Seattle and Houston traded their QBs because they were forced to. Neither of those scenarios are Dallas’.

If you do move on it’s more like Las Vegas with Carr, and they don’t have a very bright outlook.
Respectfully disagree. I think it would be ideal to have a 'solution' but I'd rather churn through QBs and hope to find gold than to just keep going with a guy that is clearly not working.

Also.. now that Dak has had yet another failure.. what does that do for him and for the team? You already had a monkey on the back.. and its now a gorilla. You think he isn't going to collapse again? He will for sure. His team mates know it, we know it, the opposition knows it.. the whole world knows it.

Dak could literally have a perfect QB rating for every single game next season.. and not a single person is going to give two hoots until he does it in a play off game. He is a liability.

SO.. You try to trade him.. if that fails then you cut him and move on. You give Lance first crack and you try to move up and take a QB in the first round of the draft. You use the cap savings and 'hope' to get guys to re-sign and hope that you have a Texans like turn around. Even if you don't.. even it it is a failure.. you are still better off because you are at least now looking for a solution. There is zero point in winning 12-5 every season and going 1 and done in the playoffs. Zero point.

Vegas had issues before Carr arrived.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I know that Dak is an above average QB, and I have been hoping for him to break through to the next level.

He is a regular season superstar, and a clutch game choke. With 9 years in, I doubt that he is going to break through to become a consistent winner in big games.

The unfortunate reality is, that above average, regular season superstars are hard to find. There aren't 32 of that quality or better in the league.
Dallas is doomed to multiple years and even decades before finding a QB that can take them to the Super Bowl, if we start over.
Practically, hoping Dak makes it to that SB is the most likely option. But I am not happy with his performance.

morat1959

Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. I think it would be ideal to have a 'solution' but I'd rather churn through QBs and hope to find gold than to just keep going with a guy that is clearly not working.

Also.. now that Dak has had yet another failure.. what does that do for him and for the team? You already had a monkey on the back.. and its now a gorilla. You think he isn't going to collapse again? He will for sure. His team mates know it, we know it, the opposition knows it.. the whole world knows it.

Dak could literally have a perfect QB rating for every single game next season.. and not a single person is going to give two hoots until he does it in a play off game. He is a liability.

SO.. You try to trade him.. if that fails then you cut him and move on. You give Lance first crack and you try to move up and take a QB in the first round of the draft. You use the cap savings and 'hope' to get guys to re-sign and hope that you have a Texans like turn around. Even if you don't.. even it it is a failure.. you are still better off because you are at least now looking for a solution. There is zero point in winning 12-5 every season and going 1 and done in the playoffs. Zero point.

Vegas had issues before Carr arrived.
This is dead on!

kskboys

Reaction score

That would be fine if we didn't have to pay him 60 mil/season. I'd take Dak for 25-30 mil/season.

Status
Not open for further replies.