CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agreed with the decision to trade Zeke (as much as I loved him).. but we needed a much better replacement. The lack of a tough inside run game hurt the team...

but that is not excuse for Dak crapping the bed.
No QB is going to be successful in the playoffs without a strong running game.

zeke21

Reaction score
ahhh the reality is that the run game actually started the game fine.. They actually were the only ones that got positive yardage in that first half.

Dak really did just dak it up in that first half.. wasn't anybodies fault but his. He was truly awful.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Oh, now Dak's excuse is a running game?
Maybe if he were half as good as Love, Stroud, Purdy, Allen, etc.
Dak really is a chump. You should be ashamed to cling to him.
No you are not. Dang, chap, show some class for once, dump Deek and come into the light.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ahhh the reality is that the run game actually started the game fine.. They actually were the only ones that got positive yardage in that first half.

Dak really did just dak it up in that first half.. wasn't anybodies fault but his. He was truly awful.
And you’re truly clueless.

zeke21

Reaction score
And you’re truly clueless.
Getting lonely over there trying to support your boy.. i get it but I got nothing against you so need need for insults.

Looks like you'll get to defend Dak for a few more years of choking too.. and by then you might actually have a point that he had no support cause we about to lose most of our starters due to salary cap issues.

So going to be fun watching Dak navigate a tougher schedule without 8 pro bowlers around him. Not.

zeke21

Reaction score
We'll see. If he does, no one will buy into the hype again.
100% he is staying. And they will buy into the hype again.. MM press conference was 'business as normal'.. Dak is going to take another 'step' and we are a championship team apparently...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak stays, nothing changes. The Cowboys will continue to pretend to be great, only to crash and burn like every year since 2007.
We know MM will be back. We know Dak will be back. Another crapfest early exit from the playoffs next year and their won't be many of the fan base that will buy either of them returning in '25.

zeke21

Reaction score
Out of Curiosity, out of all of the QBs in the playoffs where would you Rank Dak? Top 5?
I know you didn't ask but I'd rank them as follows:
Jackson - My choice for MVP and has been on fire
Purdy - Put his team into #1 seed again and hasn't done anything to suggest it is not warranted.
Mahomes - Finding a way to elevate a team that has got holes everywhere
Allen - what a roller coaster but when the game was there to be won.. he stood up
Stroud - I know he is a rookie but I have watched every game this year and he is special. Like MVP winner special.
Goff - I can't believe it but here he is.. leading yet another team to a divisional game.. and the lions.. yeesh.
Stafford - Deserves to be higher than Goff on talent, skill, execution but hey winners need respect
Love - Has been the #1 QB in the league over the last 10 weeks.. I didn't buy it but they have done it again.. he as all the tools
Dak - He bombed in the playoffs but he deserves to be here
Mayfield - Unlucky to be behind Dak but I thought he had the easier match up and I still have some lingering doubts
Tua - I loved what he did this season but he is still shaky away from home and against the blitz
Flacco - Age clearly but he did a great relief job. Shows that quality and talent never truly die.
Rudolph - Odd man out in a talented line up but clearly a step below the rest of the list.

Try doing the exercise yourself.. it is tough and it shows that not many teams with a poor QB are making playoffs. They are tough for a reason.. but Dak is nowhere near the top 5 in that group for me.

kskboys

Reaction score
Purdy - Put his team into #1 seed again and hasn't done anything to suggest it is not warranted.
Allen - what a roller coaster but when the game was there to be won.. he stood up
Stroud - I know he is a rookie but I have watched every game this year and he is special. Like MVP winner special.
Goff - I can't believe it but here he is.. leading yet another team to a divisional game.. and the lions.. yeesh.
Stafford - Deserves to be higher than Goff on talent, skill, execution but hey winners need respect
Love - Has been the #1 QB in the league over the last 10 weeks.. I didn't buy it but they have done it again.. he as all the tools
Mayfield - Unlucky to be behind Dak but I thought he had the easier match up and I still have some lingering doubts
Tua - I loved what he did this season but he is still shaky away from home and against the blitz
Flacco - Age clearly but he did a great relief job. Shows that quality and talent never truly die.
Rudolph - Odd man out in a talented line up but clearly a step below the rest of the list.

Try doing the exercise yourself.. it is tough and it shows that not many teams with a poor QB are making playoffs. They are tough for a reason.. but Dak is nowhere near the top 5 in that group for me.
Good list.

I might even put Stroud higher. Man, that kid just looks like he's got it. If he's a one year wonder, then he fooled the hades out of me.

zeke21

Reaction score
Good list.

I might even put Stroud higher. Man, that kid just looks like he's got it. If he's a one year wonder, then he fooled the hades out of me.
I've watched every Stroud game this season and man.. the temptation to jump ship grows.. the kid is absolutely legit and I think its real.. he has been doing it with trash around him.. the oline is not great.. rushing attack near non existent.. the defence is very hit and miss. The kid has overcome it all and so composed. The anti-Dak really. Throws his receivers open.. just lifts the team.

Reason I didn't put him higher is because I do respect guys who get it done year after year. I know its easy to say Mahomes had a bad year.. he did.. by HIS standards.. but look, surprise.. he is still in divisional round. The ability to reach the summit and come back and do it over and over is special. So yeah that is why I put both Mahomes and Allen above him.

Bottom line the gap between the elite QBs and Dak is stark. Not even close.

Then you have to consider the QBs that didn't make the playoffs for one reason or another. Dak with a tougher schedule and a lesser squad next year.. will get ugly quickly imho.

NYUPSTATE

Reaction score
Not today, not yesterday, not ever.
The question is, and I am happy to hear about suggestions: How do we get rid of Prescott, biting the bullet and starting over? What is it going to cost? It has to be done. (I have said the same for owner Jones for many years,as well: he should sell the team to someone that really cares avbout the Cowboys. )

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

good write-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.