CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Playoffs are about being able to run the ball and stop the run we can do neither so DAk is continually set up to fail .

We can get away with a suspect running game against bad teams that we can pull a 10-point lead on and then release our pass rush in the playoffs everybody's good and they actually prepare for what you're good at as we saw on Sunday.

They didn't let us get a lead they took the lead and made us play from behind.
Our coaches can't coach without a lead and our players can't play well without one so it all falls on Dak.
And as bad as Dak may have played it wasn't nearly as bad as our defense

Swagger

Reaction score
Objectively speaking, it’s the right answer. People are just emotional right now
I strongly disagree. If Cowboy fans want to only enjoy feeling good about beating up on bad teams in the regular season yet have absolutely no hope of winning a Superbowl then sure they should stick with Prescott. There's 8 years evidence of this on tape. Plus he's due a contract extension that would probably make him the highest paid QB in the league - if Cowboy fans want a chance to progress with a team that went 5-1 with a severely limited Practice Squad QB in Cooper Rush then the prudent decision would be to move on from Dak Prescott.

nobody

Reaction score
Objectively speaking, it’s the right answer. People are just emotional right now
I disagree wholeheartedly. When someone shows you who they are (especially three playoffs in a row), BELIEVE THEM!

I don't want a Regular season stats warrior. I want someone who man's up in the playoffs.

My answer all season has been no, hoping the playoffs would change my mind and he'd play like an actual playoff caliber QB and prove me wrong. Sadly I wasn't wrong. We see what he is. He isn't going to change. Time to move on as soon as possible.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I take it Nav, American Cowboy and the other delusional Dak fans haven't voted yet or have even they turned...this is a landslide.
He'll *never* lose Americas Cowboy. Nav is potentially on the fence right now, he's hedging.

But Dak could get caught in bed with AC's wife, and then set fire to AC's house with AC inside it, and he'd still be infatuated with Dak.

One of the current 4 "yes" votes is @Aerolithe_Lion , a legit Eagle fan.

Blackrain

Reaction score
OMG after another gut-wrenching thoroughly humiliating loss we have this stupid thread while we're at it why don't we create one that asks if we're happy with Dan Quinn and if we're happy with Micah Parsons and if we're happy with Jerry Jones and if we're happy with the whole Cowboys franchise.

How about nobody's happy with anything concerning the Cowboys except for maybe Ferguson and our kicker

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When the defense is playing complementary football, then the offense has a chance. When the O-line is protecting Dak and the WRs do their job, then Dak has proven he can deliver big-time for the team. When those things don't happen, we can not expect one individual at QB to keep this ship afloat. Yes, Dak did not deliver on wildcard weekend but it was not his fault. It turns out the saying, this is a team sport is correct. It takes a supporting cast for a QB to look good. These are the facts as I see them.

It's just lazy commentary to ignore all the other players who were underperforming and expect Dak to still deliver. He's your scapegoat.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I strongly disagree. If Cowboy fans want to only enjoy feeling good about beating up on bad teams in the regular season yet have absolutely no hope of winning a Superbowl then sure they should stick with Prescott. There's 8 years evidence of this on tape. Plus he's due a contract extension that would probably make him the highest paid QB in the league - if Cowboy fans want a chance to progress with a team that went 5-1 with a severely limited Practice Squad QB in Cooper Rush then the prudent decision would be to move on from Dak Prescott.
I disagree wholeheartedly. When someone shows you who they are (especially three playoffs in a row), BELIEVE THEM!

I don't want a Regular season stats warrior. I want someone who man's up in the playoffs.

My answer all season has been no, hoping the playoffs would change my mind and he'd play like an actual playoff caliber QB and prove me wrong. Sadly I wasn't wrong. We see what he is. He isn't going to change. Time to move on as soon as possible.
My point isn’t that Dak is great, it’s more that for 2024 there is no superior alternative. Intentionally tanking is not a real strategy. In no scenario (beyond improbable Cinderella type stuff) are the 2024 Cowboys going to have a better season with any other QB option beyond Dak. The only one even close is Kirk Cousins; maybe he does better in the GB game, but that’s a maybe and he’s old as dirt. It’s close enough that you might as well keep Dak.

For the future of the position, moving up and drafting a first round rookie may be the best option, but you still hold onto Dak. Dumping him for the cap hit makes no sense. Patrick Mahomes sat behind an expensive veteran even though no one really expected Alex Smith to win anything. 2017 ended up a good year for KC, and helped Patrick transition. Lamar Jackson sat behind an expensive veteran who wouldn’t be around long his rookie year. Jalen Hurts sat behind an expensive veteran his rookie year. Jordan Love sat behind an expensive veteran for a few years. Even in a different context, Brock Purdy learned behind an expensive veteran who wasn’t going anywhere for most of his rookie year. Anthony Richardson probably should have sat behind Minshew for a year.

Every one of them was better for it. Whatever decisions Dallas makes about the future of the position, there is no superior choice for Dallas in the 2024 season than having Dak Prescott as the week 1 starter.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It turns out the saying, this is a team sport is correct. It takes a supporting cast for a QB to look good.
I'm wondering where this mentality was when the Cowboys were feasting on bottom feeder teams and Dak was being hailed as an MVP candidate and celebrated for his pending $60 million a year deal.

Didn't seem like a team sport them. He was getting all the credit for the "team" results.
What happened?

Blackrain

Reaction score
He'll *never* lose Americas Cowboy. Nav is potentially on the fence right now, he's hedging.

But Dak could get caught in bed with AC's wife, and then set fire to AC's house with AC inside it, and he'd still be infatuated with Dak.

One of the current 4 "yes" votes is @Aerolithe_Lion , a legit Eagle fan.
That may be because AC realizes that Dak cannot make up for Jerry's lack of team building skills we have no running game Pollard with 50 yards and 3.7 average is not going to win in the playoffs

Dak tried his best to supplement the running game with 50 yards of his own on the ground and a little 7 yard average but it wasn't enough.

It wouldn't matter if Dak had the game of his life the defense could stop nothing.

Maybe a better thread would be who was more disappointing Prescott or Micah Parsons talk about somebody who comes up small in every playoff game Micah sure disappears

nobody

Reaction score
My point isn’t that Dak is great, it’s more that for 2024 there is no superior alternative. Intentionally tanking is not a real strategy. In no scenario (beyond improbable Cinderella type stuff) are the 2024 Cowboys going to have a better season with any other QB option beyond Dak. The only one even close is Kirk Cousins; maybe he does better in the GB game, but that’s a maybe and he’s old as dirt. It’s close enough that you might as well keep Dak.

For the future of the position, moving up and drafting a first round rookie may be the best option, but you still hold onto Dak. Dumling hit for the cap hit makes no sense. Patrick Mahomes sat behind an expensive veteran even though no one really expected Alex Smith to win anything. 2017 ended up a good year for KC, and helped Patrick transition. Lamar Jackson sat behind an expensive veteran who wouldn’t be around long his rookie year. Jalen Hurts sat behind an expensive veteran his rookie year. Jordan Love sat behind an expensive veteran for a few years. Even in a different context, Brock Purdy learned behind an expensive veteran who wasn’t going anywhere for most of his rookie year. Anthony Richardson probably should have sat behind Minshew for a year.

Every one of them was better for it. Whatever decisions Dallas makes about the future of the position, there is no superior choice for Dallas in the 2024 season than having Dak Prescott as the week 1 starter.
Who just got owned by a rookie QB? The Cowboys. They should draft a QB in the first and hold a QB competition in camp. Dak is NOT the superior choice if you want any post-season success chance. Is throwing a rookie out there the best option? Not really, but it does occasionally work. Sometimes you have to acknowledge that you have to go through growing pains. It's not a tank, it's moving on to build something better.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Can one of the yea voters please explain your logic?
I did above. I’d love to see you sign him to a 60m$ a year contract, but not taking that into account, the most successful 2024 season for the Dallas cowboys has Dak Prescott at QB (even if he doesn’t get very far in the playoffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.