CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Who just got owned by a rookie QB? The Cowboys. They should draft a QB in the first and hold a QB competition in camp. Dak is NOT the superior choice if you want any post-season success chance. Is throwing a rookie out there the best option? Not really, but it does occasionally work. Sometimes you have to acknowledge that you have to go through growing pains. It's not a tank, it's moving on to build something better.
And do what with Dak? Bench a 60m$ cap hit? If he’s on the roster after June 1st, he’s starting. Let the rookie sit a year

Swagger

Reaction score
My point isn’t that Dak is great, it’s more that for 2024 there is no superior alternative. Intentionally tanking is not a real strategy. In no scenario (beyond improbable Cinderella type stuff) are the 2024 Cowboys going to have a better season with any other QB option beyond Dak. The only one even close is Kirk Cousins; maybe he does better in the GB game, but that’s a maybe and he’s old as dirt. It’s close enough that you might as well keep Dak.

For the future of the position, moving up and drafting a first round rookie may be the best option, but you still hold onto Dak. Dumping him for the cap hit makes no sense. Patrick Mahomes sat behind an expensive veteran even though no one really expected Alex Smith to win anything. 2017 ended up a good year for KC, and helped Patrick transition. Lamar Jackson sat behind an expensive veteran who wouldn’t be around long his rookie year. Jalen Hurts sat behind an expensive veteran his rookie year. Jordan Love sat behind an expensive veteran for a few years. Even in a different context, Brock Purdy learned behind an expensive veteran who wasn’t going anywhere for most of his rookie year. Anthony Richardson probably should have sat behind Minshew for a year.

Every one of them was better for it. Whatever decisions Dallas makes about the future of the position, there is no superior choice for Dallas in the 2024 season than having Dak Prescott as the week 1 starter.
I agree with a lot of the above especially the general principle of having a rookie QB sit behind a vet. However, I see no positive at all in any way to keeping Prescott around. It could get messy with divisions in the dressing room as well. His fake leadership and company talk. No Sir. Time to blow the nose and move on so to speak.

I would cut the apron strings, move up for a QB in the first round whilst starting Trey Lance next season and sit the rookie. It would give the team two bites at the cherry to find am adequate and far cheaper long term replacement. It would be folly to write off Lance as plenty of QBs have comeback and shown they can be legit franchise QBs with a second chance.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I did above. I’d love to see you sign him to a 60m$ a year contract, but not taking that into account, the most successful 2024 season for the Dallas cowboys has Dak Prescott at QB (even if he doesn’t get very far in the playoffs)
Do you only care about the regular season or something? What is success?

Redline360

Reaction score
These polls are honestly kind of dumb. They flip flop so much depending on his weekly showings. Highly based on emotional thoughts.

I'm vote will continue to always be no regardless of his fantasy football regular season stats

jgboys1

Reaction score
He almost reeled me back in. I even voted yes last week but was never for an extension. He can’t run the playoff gauntlet and his ceiling has been met. He folds in the big games where he can’t out talent the weak ones. If you are happy with 10-12 wins a season then an early exit from the postseason…….Dak is your guy.

Lucy has pulled the ball away from me for one last time :angry:
I didn't vote last time either but I have voted no in the previous polls.

I was willing to give Dak this last playoff game to redeem himself but he failed miserably.

If he comes back next year and throws 10 TDs and for over 1000 yards in his first game of the season against the giants, I am still voting no!

He needs to go!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Do you only care about the regular season or something? What is success?
Momentum is a factor. Reputation, positive team chemistry. Having a good season can lead players to want to join your club, players to stick around. Winning 5-6 games for a number of years in a row will push players away.

When Shaq Leonard was released, he wanted to go to Dallas or Philadelphia. Not Cleveland; not Detroit; not Miami. There’s a reason for that

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Momentum is a factor. Having a good season can lead players to want to join your club, players to stick around. Winning 5-6 games for a number of years in a row will push players away.

When Shaq Leonard was released, he wanted to go to Dallas or Philadelphia. Not Cleveland; not Detroit; not Miami. There’s a reason for that
Because Dallas and Philly had no linebackers and he wanted to play?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Because Dallas and Philly had no linebackers and he wanted to play?
With that hyperbolic perspective, only a few teams “have linebackers”. He wanted to win. While ultimately both teams were pretenders, we built reputations of being in the thick of it year after year

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm glad the dak is getting some pity the fool yes votes. I'd hate for him to choke again next year, like the previous years if his confidence is shaken. Like every year.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
The few ''yes'' votes will be either Eagles fans or people with a fragile ego who can't admit they were wrong all along. They'd rather die on the ''Dak is great'' hill than face reality even after 8 years lmao, too funny.

movaughn88

Reaction score
"Happy" is an unfortunate choice of words at this point in the poll, but I voted yes.

Until you show me a reasonable alternative (not something ridiculous like Cooper Rush or start Trey Lance) then I don't want to wander into the Carter/Hutchinson/Testaverde years for god knows how long.

Trade up 5-10 spots and draft someone in the first round in a few months - sounds good to me. But voluntarily wandering into the QB wasteland? There are teams that have been stuck there for over a decade, so absolutely not.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Didn't the Rams face a similar cap hit when disposing of Goff and acquiring Stafford...it helped net them a ring.
Their circumstance is they had a clear and immediate upgrade at the position. If there was a team offering a better QB than Dak then it makes sense. But dumping him for the sake of it doesn’t have a clear immediate benefit other than “good riddance” peace of mind… which doesn’t win playoff games either

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.