CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted no in every poll this season. Took some heat for it also. "If you can't be happy with this version of Dak". "You are just a hater". And on and on. Well look who was right all year. Beating up on the little guys and bolstering your stats accomplishes exactly what I said it would. Sell tickets and merchandise. Forget winning the goal. He is incapable of reaching the goal. I've said it a hundred or more times.

What makes everything even worse (if that's possible) even though he has been completely exposed, it seems as though he will be rewarded by being the highest paid quarterback in the league. What the holy hell are the Cowboys thinking??? I guess they are happy and satisfied with both his playoff wins. I'M NOT!!!!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Welcome aboard everyone!

giphy.gif

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
When the defense is playing complementary football, then the offense has a chance. When the O-line is protecting Dak and the WRs do their job, then Dak has proven he can deliver big-time for the team. When those things don't happen, we can not expect one individual at QB to keep this ship afloat. Yes, Dak did not deliver on wildcard weekend but it was not his fault. It turns out the saying, this is a team sport is correct. It takes a supporting cast for a QB to look good. These are the facts as I see them.

It's just lazy commentary to ignore all the other players who were underperforming and expect Dak to still deliver. He's your scapegoat.
If Dak Prescott is so insignificant and so dependant on others to have success, how do you justify paying him 60$M ?

There is no way a competent GM would read your take and then proceed to pay Dak over 35$M a year.

There are players that can do what you want for less than that (Mayfield, Geno Smith, Kirk cousins)

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Dak but he's not going to get us to a superbowl. He needs a sports psychologist because I think most of his issues are mental.
I disagree.

Jordan love at the beginning of the season "sucked" but the reason players like him are fixable is because they already have elite talent they just lack the mental aspect.

Dak doesn't and never had elite talent. To a degree, Tony Romo suffered from this also. You listen to Romo on the broadcast and he knows everything and my question was, why didn't he win anything if he knew so much, the answer was because he couldn't. He didn't have the arm talent. That's all it is. He saw the play and picked out the right guy but his arm wasn't up to par.

Dak is what he is. His best quality has always been and always will be his "good guy" personality.

RS12

Reaction score
The playoffs are where your leader, most important player on the team, has to show up. The opposite happened. AGAIN. Lets (worst case) get another average QB at a fraction of the price and build around him. If you cant see Dak is NEVER going to elevate this team in the playoffs, you have serious blinders on.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think his new girl has him mesmerized ! He was thinking about her not the game lol
Big distraction she is!
My one defense of dak is with a bad HC and OC how good can any qb be??
The other thing is all the cowboys were lifeless no emotion, no fight, just showed up and played lol no big surprise, sucky game plan etc
and that is all on mike.
they need a new coach like harbaugh or BB Dak with those 2 might do something if not have a guy ready to take over.

bewp7

Reaction score
no unless they start to give out a super bowl trophy for beating up the giants in week 5

i want to see a super bowl and paying a GARBAGE qb $60,000,000 a year will gurantee u wont even come close

yes dak is garbage he sucks and he is stupid

bigE79

Reaction score
Good thing I never fell for all the hype,but let it be known,for us,the cowboys fans,I so wanted to him to succeed,im still sick to my stomach how bad he and the team choked,9yrs is enough,and to now know players are saying he panics,now is the time to take the hit and let him walk.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Just the opinion of an old countryboy, but I think Dak wilts under the intense scrutiny of being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. The pressure to perform under the brightest lights in all of sports causes his brain to misfire. Put him on a team that ain't under a microscope, and he probably will be more successful in the postseason.

strollinruss

Reaction score
The only ones who voted yes must be big fantasy football guys. He does put up great numbers in the regular season for the most part. But I’d rather have deep playoff runs and a ring or two

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a fan of Dak but he's not going to get us to a superbowl. He needs a sports psychologist because I think most of his issues are mental.
Maybe.....but there could be some physical, or physiological? barriers that no amount of therapy can improve.

pitt33

Reaction score
Can one of the yea voters please explain your logic?
Allow me to explain for them:

It doesn’t matter who the quarterback is. They support him to no end because he’s the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.

They watch games with blinders on. They find excuses for said quarterbacks poor play and blame other players and/or coaches.

Blackrain

Reaction score
When the defense is playing complementary football, then the offense has a chance. When the O-line is protecting Dak and the WRs do their job, then Dak has proven he can deliver big-time for the team. When those things don't happen, we can not expect one individual at QB to keep this ship afloat. Yes, Dak did not deliver on wildcard weekend but it was not his fault. It turns out the saying, this is a team sport is correct. It takes a supporting cast for a QB to look good. These are the facts as I see them.

It's just lazy commentary to ignore all the other players who were underperforming and expect Dak to still deliver. He's your scapegoat.
I don't know how many times I've said it Dak can play at a high level when everyone else does their job

But when CD is dropping the ball and people are getting penalties along with the fact that we have no running game and Dak has to run the ball to move the chains.

It becomes an uphill battle not to mention when your defense can't get any type of a stop..

Status
Not open for further replies.