CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The answer is actually complicated.

Yes I like him

Do I trust him with time management? No

He's much more good than bad, so I have to say yes. But I believe his poor time management skills at the end of games will be the final downfall of this team

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jerry doesnt fire coaches going 8-8 , he fires coaches going 12-4

Might seem extremely lunatic , but welcome to Jerry world .

Chasing6

Reaction score
He has unified the team and assisted in a viable version of Dak. A 12 win season is difficult to produce in today's NFL environment, much less three years in a row. I will continue to vote yes if he moves the playoff needle to the NFCCG.
It's now or never. The window is closing soon.
They way Jerry is building the team, it is designed for the window to never close. That is why he does not go all in.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
He has unified the team and assisted in a viable version of Dak. A 12 win season is difficult to produce in today's NFL environment, much less three years in a row. I will continue to vote yes if he moves the playoff needle to the NFCCG.
It's now or never. The window is closing soon.
This is true. We have, at best, assuming we hit the trifecta in the draft the next year or so, 2 more seasons with this current group at a peak.

Look at the Pats. That's still Bill Belichick on the sidelines, and that's his hand picked coaching staff. Kraft and the GM stay out of his way. But the bottom fell out all at once the last 2 seasons. The old guys shuffle off the stage and your last 3 drafts didn't pan out? You're in BIG TROUBLE. Even with all the experience he's got, Belichick couldn't stave off this disaster of a season.

In fact, just about every team is 3-4 key injuries away from utter disaster. Almost half the league is playing 2nd/3rd string QB's at this point. Not because they want to, but because they have to.

We have been VERY fortunate this year that injuries were limited to 3 key players: Diggs, Vander Esch and Hankins. And we all know was DaRon Bland did when he stepped in and UP to fill Digg's shoes. Young guys stepped in and played very well so that missing Vander Esch doesn't hurt all that much. Hankins though we really do miss, and Dan Quinn is having to experiment to find ways to shore up the run defense in Hankin's absence. I was hoping Mazi Smith would be ready to contribute as a rookie by now, but it hasn't happened.

We're starting our playoff run, and we had 2 new starters on the OLine that I saw: Bass Jr. and Hoffman. If they'd had a start earlier this year, I missed noticing it. Which would be a good thing. This means when we have to make substitutions on the line due to injury there was no huge drop off. Dak wasn't running for his life most of the game yesterday.

This tells me McCarthy and the coaching staff have the Next Men ready to Step Up if called on. Bass Jr. and Hoffman were ready. Its a good sign, IMHO.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Remember how/why Jerry dumped Parcells. The stadium was finished. As Jerry revealed in that drunken rant caught on camera, he felt he didn't 'need' Parcells any more. He could go back to a game manager coach he could control.

Then we got what was it, 3years of Wade Phillips, followed by a decade of Jason Garrett.

Getting McCarthy, a proven Super Bowl winning coach was a positive step in the right direction after 13 seasons of more Jerry futility.

Remember, it took about 5 years of the most godawful drafting in the history of the NFL for Jerry to GRUDGINGLY ADMIT he needed help and calling in Parcells.

Jerry then settled for mediocrity for 13 straight seasons with Phillips and Garrett until finally the last Garrett year I think Stephen finally managed to slap enough sense into Jerry to fire Garrett and bring in somebody else.

McCarthy, after that injury wrecked year where Dak broke his leg in 2020, has now produced three straight 12 win seasons. That is not easy to do in today's NFL.

For the REGULAR SEASON, McCarthy has proven he can get it done. It's in the PLAYOFFS that he has yet to prove himself as the Dallas coach. We're 1-2 under McCarthy in the playoffs, 1 win over the Bucs in Tom Brady's final game, and 0-2 against the 49ers.

If we go 0-3 vs the 49ers this year, despite the regular season success, Cowboys fans are not going to be happy. At all. And neither is Jerry Jones, who would LIKE to see Dallas at least make another Super Bowl before he shuffles off this mortal coil.

And McCarthy knows this.

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m still a “no” on this one. I got to see it in the playoffs and better clock management.

Loso86

Reaction score
I will be posting polls like this after big wins an big losses to gauge how everyone is feeling about various aspects of the team.

As always, I do not provide "easy out" options in CZ Polls because that defeats the purpose of the polls.

Not every poll is for everyone so if you do not like the options, do not vote and instead post your opinions as a reply.

As usual, this poll will be closed before the next game!
If not idk what type of Coach you want vs the type you think your going to get

Status
Not open for further replies.