CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
So far, no. What has he done that is great? Don't give me three seasons with 12 wins because they have nothing to show for it. His clock management and the team being one of the worst penalized teams has kept them from getting far in the playoffs. With two playoff home games if he can't at least get them to the NFC championship game then it's time to cut bait he will never get them there.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Big Mike has done what no other coach has in several decades . Back to Back to Back 12 win seasons.

If thats so easy , why did we have to wait decades ???

CCBoy

Reaction score
McCarthy just better not carry into this Green Bay game a blind eye spot concerning that team's tendencies due to his own past mind sets on team.

CCBoy

Reaction score
What I like most about Fat MIke is how much better he is than Landry.
Oh sure thing, boss...Landry came out of WWII as a pilot and having served. You ever served?

You really better than all real heroes? You brag as if you put it all on the line all the time...I'm not buying that fan Hall of Fame as well as chest medals.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
So far, no. What has he done that is great? Don't give me three seasons with 12 wins because they have nothing to show for it. His clock management and the team being one of the worst penalized teams has kept them from getting far in the playoffs. With two playoff home games if he can't at least get them to the NFC championship game then it's time to cut bait he will never get them there.
Seems to have Dak playing well in his first season controlling offense. Sketchy run game and Dak is killing it with low turnovers. Only one season but Mike seems to be right about wanting to get rid of Moore. Moore did have top offenses though

Mike seems a bit modern...he is aggressive and goes for it on 4th downs. It's a breathe of fresh air and also makes games even more exciting.

I have been happy with play calling on offense. I like the 3rd and 5+ yard run plays Mike chooses. Garrett would run right up the middle for no gain on 1st and 2nd down....and then do it again on 3rd and long trying to outsmart defenses. Mike uses good timed delayed draws it seems and they work.

He just seems like football guy. I get Roger's had issues with him....but he seems alright here. The clock management stuff pales to the good stuff, imo

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh sure thing, boss...Landry came out of WWII as a pilot and having served. You ever served?

You really better than all real heroes? You brag as if you put it all on the line all the time...I'm not buying that fan Hall of Fame as well as chest medals.

hieroglyphics-found-in-a-cave-near-fossil-creek-arizona_u-l-q1hbgb90.jpg

TheCritic

Reaction score
Honestly, as long as the Joneses run the team, I can't imagine the Cowboys improving on finding a better coach. A coach that consistently wins, has improved the Cowboys every season since he's been here, and has had the most coaching authority since Parcells. Sure there are probably better game managers, better playcallers, better personality, etc. But of all the coaches Jerry has ever hired, McCarthy seems to be the one the Cowboys organization is most happy with. And the players seem to love the guy and play hard for him.

RoboQB

Reaction score

Lighten up, Francis.

Dude is joking. Everyone but you knows it's a joke.
It's called sarcasm. It's been around for quite a while.
With all due respect, sir, pull the stick out of your butt
and relax a little. Enjoy the game!

Cowboys 48 Packers 24

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So far, no. What has he done that is great?
He fixed Dak........changed him from being one of the worst QBs in the NFL (turnover wise) to being one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Dak went from leading the league in intercpetions to leading the league in TD passes.............that is unheard of, I cant remember any other QB that had this big of a turnaround.

Dak is literally number 1 in almost every statistical category for QBs this season and will probably come in 2nd in the MVP vote behind Lamar.

Big Mike gets a contract extension for this alone, saved this franchise years that it could have took looking for a new QB.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Seems to have Dak playing well in his first season controlling offense. Sketchy run game and Dak is killing it with low turnovers. Only one season but Mike seems to be right about wanting to get rid of Moore. Moore did have top offenses though

Mike seems a bit modern...he is aggressive and goes for it on 4th downs. It's a breathe of fresh air and also makes games even more exciting.

I have been happy with play calling on offense. I like the 3rd and 5+ yard run plays Mike chooses. Garrett would run right up the middle for no gain on 1st and 2nd down....and then do it again on 3rd and long trying to outsmart defenses. Mike uses good timed delayed draws it seems and they work.

He just seems like football guy. I get Roger's had issues with him....but he seems alright here. The clock management stuff pales to the good stuff, imo
Means nothing unless he can get them to at least an NFC champion game. With two playoff home games that shouldn’t be too much to ask for.

duane33

Reaction score

Better than Landry!! haha.
Landry an innovator, McCarthy not even close

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
I like him as a HC. I think he is the right guy for the job.

But who knows what Jerry will do if we lose today. FTR, I don't see a scenario where we lose.

We are better than GB in every area.

duane33

Reaction score
I like him as a HC. I think he is the right guy for the job.

But who knows what Jerry will do if we lose today. FTR, I don't see a scenario where we lose.

We are better than GB in every area.
Think its more about next week assuming they win today

KB1122

Reaction score
I know people got tired of Jason Garrett. But it was good that we got out of the every-4-years-a-new-coach cycle that bad teams have.

Status
Not open for further replies.