CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I will be posting polls like this after big wins an big losses to gauge how everyone is feeling about various aspects of the team.

As always, I do not provide "easy out" options in CZ Polls because that defeats the purpose of the polls.

Not every poll is for everyone so if you do not like the options, do not vote and instead post your opinions as a reply.

As usual, this poll will be closed before the next game!
This would be really interesting if you posted a “Are you happy with Jerry Jones as the GM?” at the same time as Mac and Dak’s ;)

Sheepish

Reaction score
I was opposed to McCarthy earlier on but he has proved me wrong. It appears that he was held back by having to stick with Jerry's hand picked OC Kellen Moore. Now that he has control of the offense, he has improved Dak by a long mile.

IIRC Andy Reid had years and years of horrible playoff losses with both the Egirls and Chiefs before finally winning it all. Mike has already won one. He stays for me pretty much no matter what barring a cataclysmic collapse against GB. I'd rather ride 10 years of Mike than Garrett, though I know that Jerry will probably fire Mike before he gets to 10 years for that exact reason.

triplets_93

Reaction score
McCarthy is too inconsistent. Sometimes brilliant, and sometimes dumbfounding.

I'd be happier with Dallas Cowboys Coach Jim Harbaugh. :starspin::cool:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy has gotten the most out of this Dallas Cowboys at this point that this team has enjoyed in a very long time. They are currently the number two seed in the playoffs. I that doesn't satisfy the fans of this team, there's no common sense being given that's legitimately called for. It's high time for those who have been half-heartedly supportive of his efforts to change their mindsets to one that's surely justified.

What McCarthy does in the upcoming playoffs will likely bear a great matter of importance for his future. It's high time for fans to get solidly behind him. This season's success obviously calls for his support. Those fans insisting on being critical of him just aren't being justifiably fair. He's very deserving of more respect. This team is performing better this year than it has in many years. Kindly let that sink in.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
.. three seasons at 12 - 5?

.. think back to Red Jesus days. Oh man, that was purgatory
Yep I will take 12 and 5 over 8 and 8 any day more good football to watch..
Granted his clock management leaves a lot to be desired but he is a good football coach and if Jerry would push all the chips to the table and give him all the talent that was possibly available through free agency and before the trade deadline we could get there

Fmart322

Reaction score
He's 16-0 at home over the last 2 seasons. I think 26-9 overall at home.
12-5 three seasons in a row.
The Cowboys need consistency at HC IMO.
He was never my favorite choice as HC but he has them playing pretty good. It could be the Garrett years that make me feel this way though.

blueblood70

Reaction score

First of all, those were NOT our worst days , that would be Campo and gaily to and extent..its been worse. So the fact is fans just don't appreciate what Mike McCarthy is doing here and it's the best coaching job since the mid 90s I know we need some championship game appearances and a Super Bowl appearance or a win but still the grass is not always greener everyone wants to change the quarterback and head coach to what end I mean what exactly is it gonna get us how long would it take us to get back in this exact same situation with a new coach and a new quarterback five years, So while the window is open you pretty much need to stick with this combination one more year at least in my humble opinion unless something completely melts down Sunday...

Mark

Reaction score

...or the three consecutive 5-11 seasons under Dave Campo.

As I've said before, a lot of folks on this board may be too young to know what "pain" is. :banghead:

kskboys

Reaction score
I honestly have never comprehended why anyone doesn't like him as our HC. IMO he's better than the vaunted Sean Payton, and mounds better than brilliant idiots like Jon Gruden. Prolly a top 10 HC in the NFL.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Dak is having his best year ever.Three straight 12 win seasons.Better than average playcaller,and the players play hard for him.He has moments when he takes risks on 4th downs that spooks me at times.But if you get the first down it was the right call,sometimes you have to kick a fieldgoal.But I really like what big Mike is doing in Dallas,if they can win it all he will be known as one of the best.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
To be honest, I’m still skeptical of his offense. They’ve played arguably the easiest defensive schedule in the league, but it’s like Parcells used to say, you are what your record says you are, and he’s won plenty of games here in the last four years.

I also don’t really think it’s fair to throw all of that out just to focus on two games against 49ers teams that were better anyway. What are we going to do, fire Mike for not pulling off an upset against a better roster? Blame the two drunks in charge for not fixing the exact same issues during the offseason for the last three years.

MikeT22

Reaction score
It’s relative. Yes he’s better than Garrett, Wade, Campo, etc but with the bar that low it wouldn’t take much to improve from them.

Overall I think he’s OK but his game/clock management is poor and team makes too many mental mistakes/penalties.

But knowing Jerry and his reluctance to hire a string coach and empowering him, I doubt we’d get anyone better.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
What I like most about Fat MIke is how much better he is than Landry.
I mean, Landry was a good coach, good man, etc. But I think Mike is good for the Cowboys in his own right. He understands the culture, and does a good job working within it to bring the best out of the team. All you can ask for from a coach is results.

And that's what MM does: he gets results.

Status
Not open for further replies.