CZ POLL Are you happy with the state of the Dallas Cowboys right now?

Are you happy with the state of the Dallas Cowboys right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Keep drinking the koolaid and voting yes. 28 years running. This isn’t the year and never will be until a real GM is hired.
Yeah, but who is more ridiculous. The people that don’t like it and keep coming back. Lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There should be a therapy thread.

"I wish you would step back from that ledge, my friend
You could cut ties with all the lies
That you've been living in
And if you do not want to see me again

I would understand"

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course I am happy with the state of what we are right now that can change week to week but really it's gonna be what we do in the playoffs that matter the most so ask again in February.... I don't think anyone would have predicted much better than A5 and two start when they looked at the schedule and looked at the fact that we played four out of the first six on the road and now we're meeting the Eagles again on the road... It's a tough schedule..5-2, 1 game out ,

why not be happy "for now"

but this doesn't surprise me I mean the voting is exactly the tenor of this place if you look at how this place has become mostly negative our own fans have turned against our team our coaches the owner almost everything seems to be negative so it doesn't surprise me when you look at the voting both for other poles that you've taken here for the quarterback it's almost all negative it leans negative and that is the actual Tanner coming into this place trying to be a fan looking for other fans to appreciate our team and talk about our team and it has leaned so far South of actual fandom and I realize we're allowed to criticize the team but it has become downright chaotic in here it I feel like I'm in an Eagles forum trying to be a Cowboys fan that's how it feels to me...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’ve tried to support the Joneses, but they make it very hard. It’s almost at the point that when I hear either one of them speak in their press conferences. I just wanna puke these last 25+ years has just left a bad taste in my mouth
I grew up watching the Dallas Cowboys play. I was a daddy’s girl and loved watching football with him and if he was alive today, I’m sure that he would dislike Jerry Jones too. I say that because of the fact that he’s a pompous, butt he thinks he knows everything about football and he’ll never admit that he’s wrong and his son is just like him. How can you sit there and say that you’re happy with this team, after taking a beating from Arizona and San Francisco? it’s like Jerry doesn’t even acknowledge that San Francisco has whipped up on us so many times and he’s done nothing to counter that I realize that we have a salary cap but it’s not like Jerry don’t have the money and it’s not like that we can do some finagling I mean all the other teams do it look at Philadelphia and look at the record. They’re doing everything in that organization to bring championships to that team Jerry hasn’t done anything in the last years. Yes he brought Amari Cooper here only to let him go for peanuts. That’s a great GM move isn’t it he brought Brandon cooks in what good does that do if we don’t get him the ball and make him part of this offense I mean we gave up stuff for him and then turn around and not use Him I know some of this falls on the coaching staff, but darn he’s the owner he can go down to MM get off your butt and start using these people.
For the most part I’m happy with all the drafting that we’ve done, but it seems like on that second round we suck at it I mean, I think we would do better if we just took a dart, and threw it up against the board and whatever name it landed on, that’s who we should pick for the second round cause we couldn’t do any worse

i’m very upset over the second round pick TE really?
we’re a pretty good team, but we’re in no way near a great team a dominating team we are a bipolar team and our coaches are bipolar and our owners are bipolar.
Some fans are bipolar as well. :rolleyes:

kskboys

Reaction score
He’s no Bill Polian, but 34 years of being immersed in it would leave SOMETHING, wouldn’t it? My first day in radio I was a doofus noob, but 35 years later, I could tell you some stuff. This “not a football guy” stuff is kinda worn out. He simply has different priorities than we do.
It's not worn out. It's simply and blatantly the truth.

Yes, his priority is self aggrandizement. Nothing else matters to him, and he's shown proof of this many many times.

ESisback

Reaction score
It's not worn out. It's simply and blatantly the truth.

Yes, his priority is self aggrandizement. Nothing else matters to him, and he's shown proof of this many many times.
I agree, BUT….he knows more football details than you or me.

ArtClink

Reaction score
No for three reasons.
  1. The idiot Jones family still owns the team
  2. No deep playoff run in 28 seasons while trying the same failed model that has failed 28 seasons in a row
  3. The fuhrer did nothing to mk the team better at the trade deadline.
How bout them Rangers!!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
No for three reasons.
  1. The idiot Jones family still owns the team
  2. No deep playoff run in 28 seasons while trying the same failed model that has failed 28 seasons in a row
  3. The fuhrer did nothing to mk the team better at the trade deadline.
How bout them Rangers!!
I think you’re taking the narrow view. (except in deference to the Rangers)

ArtClink

Reaction score
It might be 50, if he had never been the owner.
Not so. If we had another owner that put winning about everything else, we’d have won at least five more Super Bowls by now. Jerry brought Jimmy in and Jimmy gave us three. How do you explain the past 28 years? Dallas, Detroit and Washington remain the only nfc teams who haven’t won a Div playoff game in 28 seasons. The fuhrer has made us that historically bad.

We used to be the gold standard of winning but we are the laughingstock of the league until we mk it back to nfc championship game.

We deserve all the heckling Stephen A. can throw at us. And winning a Div gm is the only cure.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said no but I really was answering the question of am I satisfied.

1) I wanted to see the coach and gm active and desperate to keep churning the roster. I feel like they are fat and happy and in the end, will just pray things work out.

2) I don’t think they have the O line performance and health to run deep in the playoffs if Dak performs as his usual which is ok to good but not great. Since they didn’t do a thing to improve the line and they could have tried, they will likely need Dak to play above what we’ve seen him play in the playoffs assuming they get there. I don’t believe that’s a good bet.

3) They stay in the cycle of playing well, reading their headlines, and getting their bubble burst with a huge dose of humble pie. I wish they stayed hungry, and didn’t satiate off of their attention on social media and the talking heads. They care about the headlines and coverage. Trickles down from the head D-wad. Overall their stars seem fragile to me.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
As long as Jerry and Stephen are playing fantasy football front office my answer will always be no. How many decades do they need to prove their prowess? :rolleyes:

Mr_437

Reaction score
This team lays down in the Playoffs, so I don't want to hear SB talk...they have to compete in big games.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not so. If we had another owner that put winning about everything else, we’d have won at least five more Super Bowls by now. Jerry brought Jimmy in and Jimmy gave us three.
Jerry bringing in Jimmy is why we have 5 not 2. He's saying if not for that, it would be 50 years.

kskboys

Reaction score
As long as Jerry and Stephen are playing fantasy football front office my answer will always be no. How many decades do they need to prove their prowess? :rolleyes:
Too them over 20 years just to learn the importance of the OL. If they even have.

Status
Not open for further replies.