Article: Jeb Bush as NFL Commish?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
This does not show he doesnt keep his cool, it shows he doesnt like petty bull**** and wants to focus on real issues

That's your interpretation.

It is entirely possible that he didn't like that the reporter was questioning his inconsistency or that he had been, basically caught in a lie. We'll never know why he said what he did.

I do know this -- saying "where were you when X happened" is a pretty damn common question to ask after a tragedy -- if he didn't see that coming or wasn't prepared it says something about his smarts.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
abersonc said:
That's your interpretation.

It is entirely possible that he didn't like that the reporter was questioning his inconsistency or that he had been, basically caught in a lie. We'll never know why he said what he did.

I do know this -- saying "where were you when X happened" is a pretty damn common question to ask after a tragedy -- if he didn't see that coming or wasn't prepared it says something about his smarts.

It would appear to me that you dont like Largents politics so no explaination will be good enough for you, and since this is not a political forum, I uess we cant go any further. I will say again if the media is more interested in trying to find inconsistencies in press releases about someones feelings on 9-11 instead of actual issues like what caused 9-11 then that says alot to me about the media. Either way he did not cuss a reporter, he used a cuss word big deal. He definately did not tell a reporter to go **** himself like you said earlier

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
It would appear to me that you dont like Largents politics so no explaination will be good enough for you, and since this is not a political forum, I uess we cant go any further. I will say again if the media is more interested in trying to find inconsistencies in press releases about someones feelings on 9-11 instead of actual issues like what caused 9-11 then that says alot to me about the media. Either way he did not cuss a reporter, he used a cuss word big deal. He definately did not tell a reporter to go **** himself like you said earlier

Let me ask this then. If the NFL commish swore at a reporter -- would folks interpret it like you are -- attributing it to the situation? or would it more likely be shown on tv over and over, generating bad press for the league?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Let me ask this then. If the NFL commish swore at a reporter -- would folks interpret it like you are -- attributing it to the situation? or would it more likely be shown on tv over and over, generating bad press for the league?
I swore at a guy last week who was being rude to a saleslady. Does this mean I will swear at people I don't even know for the rest of my life?

Man, that's harsh.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun said:
That was you?? In my defense, she had it coming.
That was you? In my defense I really had to pee and you were stopping progress.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
abersonc said:

If he said "thats bull****" I would see it for what it was.

You said it yourself the media showing it over and over, that is the media creating stories, and is why most of Americans do not trust the media.

I seriously doubt the word "bul****" would make anyone think bad of the NFL, its a sport where people put on pads and hit each other, cussing is pretty common

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
i would be opposed to this simply because of the fact that i dont want to mix politics and football, i think of football as an escape and a hobby. I don't claim to know much about Jeb, because honestly, i dont. He may be extremely qualified or just another joe for the job, i dont know. But i dont want to have to listen to people gripe about him or the job hes done because of his political offiliation. In short, i want football people doing football jobs and politicions doing whatever they do.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
koolaid said:
i would be opposed to this simply because of the fact that i dont want to mix politics and football, i think of football as an escape and a hobby. I don't claim to know much about Jeb, because honestly, i dont. He may be extremely qualified or just another joe for the job, i dont know. But i dont want to have to listen to people gripe about him or the job hes done because of his political offiliation. In short, i want football people doing football jobs and politicions doing whatever they do.
Thank you for the only opposition post to make sense.

:wink2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Updated: May 24, 2006, 7:36 PM ET
Gov. Bush says he'll finish term in Florida

Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Gov. Jeb Bush is getting tired of people trying to plan his life after he leaves office in January.

First, his brother, the president, hinted Bush should consider his own run for the Oval Office in 2008.

And now comes the National Football League, which had an emissary gauge his interest in replacing commissioner Paul Tagliabue, who is retiring in July.

To both, Bush's response was thanks, but no.

"I'm flattered," Bush said Wednesday of the NFL's interest, "but I'm governor of the state of Florida and I intend to be governor until I leave -- which is January 2007. And I'm not going to consider any other options other than being governor until I finish."

He doesn't believe NFL officials will hold the position open until then.

No matter the buzz -- including whispers about a run for U.S. Senate and the GOP's vice presidential nomination in 2008 -- Bush says he's focused on simply finishing his second term.

"I swore to uphold the laws of this state and I interpreted that a little broader, perhaps, to mean also that I was going to work 24-7, that I was going to finish strong," Bush said. "And so a day doesn't go by where someone doesn't have a great idea for what my life looks like in 2007 and beyond and I'm not entertaining any discussion about it."

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
If he said "thats bull****" I would see it for what it was.

Clearly though "what it is" depends on who is interpreting the event -- and that will differ.

But you apparently have insight into Largent's motivation that others don't. So you've got a real advantage there.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Clearly though "what it is" depends on who is interpreting the event -- and that will differ.

But you apparently have insight into Largent's motivation that others don't. So you've got a real advantage there.

No I am just looking at the situation from the view of someone who does not care what his politics are. You stated he cussed a reporter even going as far as saying he told one to **** himself. When in reality he did none of that he said a cuss word big whoop

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The realistic chances of Jeb Bush being the next commish of the NFL are slim to none. Personally I don't really care that much who replaces Tags as long as he/she isn't a freakin' Commander fan.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
No I am just looking at the situation from the view of someone who does not care what his politics are. You stated he cussed a reporter even going as far as saying he told one to **** himself. When in reality he did none of that he said a cuss word big whoop

apparently it was a big deal to some as he lost the gubernatorial election by a tiny margin.

little stuff like that can make a huge difference to some folks. to me, that makes it a big whoop

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
abersonc said:
apparently it was a big deal to some as he lost the gubernatorial election by a tiny margin.

little stuff like that can make a huge difference to some folks. to me, that makes it a big whoop

Again the NFL is not a campaign in very conservative Oklahoma. He could say bull**** all day an nobody would care.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
jeb's family is elbowing him to consider a run at the white house.

let's see? President of the United States of America - oooor... NFL Commissioner?

a real no-brainer.

after eight years... you're still gainfully employed.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
fiveandcounting said:
I hope he is the RIGHT man for the job. Maybe CHAD Hutchinson will come back to the NFL, he's been HANGING about.

Very Clever! :lmao2:

cleverusername

Reaction score
EGG said:
Condi or Jeb,,, either one is okay by me,,, :D

My sister has worked with both of George's (Texas and D.C) administrations and Jeb's in Florida. When I first read this article I emailed her to see If she could get us the scoop. Her best friend still works for Jeb so we'll see what happens. Here is a quote from her email.

"I think Jeb's pretty serious about waiting until
January before he decides what he'll do next.

But if Tagliabue would stay on til then... I think
he'd have to seriously consider it. If only to make
Condi really, really jealous!"

She said Condi Rice was always saying that this is her dream job (NFL Commish) and George was always saying that his dream job was being the MLB commish and acted like he would seriously persue it after his presidency.