Article: Jeb Bush as NFL Commish?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
Former FCC Chairman and son of Colin Powell Michael Powell has been considered as well..

Bob Kraft was pushing hard for Condi Rice, but she as declined consideration...

Odd...I thought this was Condi's dream job.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Former FCC Chairman and son of Colin Powell Michael Powell has been considered as well..

I thought this was supposed to be her dream job? I guess not now eh?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RCowboyFan said:
I thought this was supposed to be her dream job? I guess not now eh?

nanner nanner boo boo ....I beat you. :p:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Well, I guess I just pulled the trigger at the same time as you, Great minds think alike ?:D Or maybe its the opposite :p:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RCowboyFan said:
Well, I guess I just pulled the trigger at the same time as you, Great minds think alike ?:D Or maybe its the opposite :p:

I am sure it is not great minds.

Time for us both to go visit the doc. :laugh1:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
trickblue said:

That's right -- I doubt either were on this list though. This is all about getting guys who have been serving in the league an interview.

I'd love to know who floated Michael Powell's name -- his work at the FCC was pretty poor.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

My dream job.... Taking over for Hugh Hefner when he passes. I already have a cool pipe and some nice silk PJ's, just need the smoking jacket.:lmao2:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
abersonc said:
That's right -- I doubt either were on this list though. This is all about getting guys who have been serving in the league an interview.

I'd love to know who floated Michael Powell's name -- his work at the FCC was pretty poor.

Now I agree there.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Of every name brought up so far, Bush is the the one who makes the most sense. I still say him not being an attorney is a strike against though.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Of every name brought up so far, Bush is the the one who makes the most sense. I still say him not being an attorney is a strike against though.

Personally, I thought, Bush might have been approached, but he probably made it more of a big deal than it really was. Its a good publicity for him I think there.

I think for most part, we wont here the real serious candidates in consideration, since they wouldn't want to be known before they got the job.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Personally, I thought, Bush might have been approached, but he probably made it more of a big deal than it really was. Its a good publicity for him I think there.

I think for most part, we wont here the real serious candidates in consideration, since they wouldn't want to be known before they got the job.
Probably true. Jim Finks was all but handed the job and suddenly here was tags.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
then what would be another reason for not voting?

There's a plethora of reasons why people don't vote, on all sides, and none of them would disqualify them as knowledgeable, or not, on a particular person's views.

And there's a plethora of reasons why people do vote, on all sides, and none of them would qualify them as knowledgeable, or not, on a particular person's views.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Pete Rozelle was not an attorney. His background was in public relations.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Alexander said:

True and one of the main reason Tag got the job was because we had just came out of labor unrest with the NFLPA and Tag was the league attorney that helped get an agreement with the players union. However being a lawyer really is not a plus or minus for this job. Owners still are responsible for making the rules, TV contract and deals with the players union the Commission oversee and enforces the league rules but he does not set or make the rules.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Alexander said:

Pete also was the GM for the Rams -- under Tex Schramm I believe

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Very good point. I didn't say it was a fatal blow, just a strike against.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jackrussell said:
There's a plethora of reasons why people don't vote, on all sides, and none of them would disqualify them as knowledgeable, or not, on a particular person's views.

And there's a plethora of reasons why people do vote, on all sides, and none of them would qualify them as knowledgeable, or not, on a particular person's views.

+1 to you for using the word "plethora" twice.

Great word. :)

RESIN8

Reaction score
This is a joke right? If they are gonna bring in a commish who is a politician how about Jack Kemp or Steve Largent.